It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Ron Paul to end active campaigning - cnn

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I am however saddened at this news, cause from what I can see north of the 49th. He seemed like the only option that would have brought about real change, from what we know as the common standard today. I also find it funny that you have all who don't support, saying he bailed on all those who believe. Yet in reality this was a pissing contest won bye the person who has the most money.

And I feel what this goes to show us is that Ron Paul had the support of the american people, those same american people who struggle daily to put food on the table, yet still find a way to support a man they felt would drag there country out of the depths of despare. Not a superPAC funded sideshow put on by the corporations that would see the american way of life continue to fall bye the wayside.

I for one hope his voice still rings loud and clear at the convention, I for one hope that he gets time to speak about the direction you should all be heading to ward off the coming future, each american by voting for Obama or Romney is ushering in.

By casting off Ron Paul each american better look long and hard at the decisions they are making, and understand that making these decisions you accept further wars, occupations, and economic hardships all for your dictators corporate interests....

Thats just the view I get from up here, not so peachy from where I sit, blue moon anyone, pigs fly, grasping at straws now for something to bring about a better future....

SaneThinking

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

That's the way I see it. Trying for the straw votes is a waste of time and money. He's shown that delegates are where it's at and his plan seem to be working there.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I wonder..... I wonder if he secretly met up with Romney and his campaign and... discussed this over?

Vice president anyone?

+2 more 
link   

I know you are fine with electing a fascist totalitarian communist president who will take away more rights, enable TSA more powers and colonoscopies.

link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
Why is it so hard for people to understand what he said ?
Where do people get the words "End", "Suspend", or even "Dropout " ?
Ron Paul spoke simple english, "Not actively campaigning !"
His name will stay on primary ballots.
People can still vote for him, and those votes will count.
All Dr. Paul is doing is focusing his time, money and his campaign efforts to getting more delegates.
Stop trying to read into MSM lies.

So I guess Santorum and Gingrich are still in the race too...since their names are still on the ballot

Ron Paul has stopped campaigning...just like all the others.

But believe what you will...I'm sure even after the Convention you guys are going to continue to say that he still has a shot.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MrUncreated

Originally posted by MrUncreated

Originally posted by NightGypsy This is the America we have come to be. The question is, do we have the determination to do something about it?
I'd like to see how we're supposed to do something about. Brainwashed by television, mind-cleansed into total apathy by FDA drugs, genetically engineered slop, and whatever is in the air and water... an education system designed to mold young people into rigidly thinking adult slaves... a police force that is nothing more than thugs-for-hire. The system is rigged, and the chains are being places around our necks while we sit and watch it happen. Determination to do something about it? Color me dubious.

It's called taking one for the team. Is our current life worth more than the future of true freedom? "Give me Liberty, or give me death" was never meant to be a hallmark quote...
edit on 14-5-2012 by Novaroc because: insert quote

+16 more 
link   

Originally posted by cetaphobic
Thank god! Maybe we won't have a proud racist as president after all!

We have a proud racist president right now.

link   

Originally posted by schuyler
It shows he wasn't serious in the first place. Just like last time, Paul bails on all his supporters. He could just as well have kept campaigning for delegates in states where they have not yet been chosen. If we were to believe the Paul supporters, "this election is much closer than you can possibly imagine."

Well??????

What happened to all those "unbound" stealth delegates?

What happened to "Ron Paul math"?

What happened to all the Paul Bots calling the rest of us idiots and delusional for pointing out the obvious?

Here ya go, Paul Guys. After all your hard work your Great Leader has abandoned you.

I'll refer to him now as Captain Carnival in the spirit of that cruise liner skipper who bailed on his sinking ship.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

you gotta admit Outkast, this is earlier than usual for Ron Paul to drop out. I seriously believe there was a deal going on with the Romney campaign.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novaroc
reply to post by MrUncreated

It's called taking one for the team. Is our current life worth more than the future of true freedom? "Give me Liberty, or give me death" was never meant to be a hallmark quote...

What future? The only future I see is 1) Fukushima's #4 goes down, and it's over 2) Another bought-and-paid-for puppet gets into office, there's a riot, and we get martial law and FEMA camps 3) Things continue as they are, the rich get richer, the poor stay poor, just like it always has been.

What future?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
Don't worry. He's not giving up. This is just an end to "active" campaigning. There's less an less reason to be spending the big bucks on the campaign trail when that money can better be spent on a decisive delegate/convention strategy.

Shocker that CNN finally breaks news about Ron Paul and then spins it as though he's dropping out.

ETA: Don't listen to anything CNN says when it comes to Ron Paul

Go Here for Ron Paul Election News
edit on 5/14/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

Oh yes he is.

It's over.

He is suspending his campaign.

You are down to 2 choices: Obama or Romney

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
Vice president anyone?

Of all the possibilities, I just do not see him as Romney's VP nor endorsing him.

link   
It takes a ton of money to get through a campaign season. The landscape of campaigning has been transformed nowadays since corporations are now individuals, etc. RP doesn't pander to corporations for donations like every other candidate. He has many supporters, but even so, it's very hard to raise the amount of $$ from ordinary people to campaign a solid year. It's impossible to compete with $40,000/plate dinners with the likes of George Clooney and that type of company.

A man with integrity (remember that word?) like RP has to play smarter than the average campaigner.

Some problems can't be solved by throwing money at them.
edit on 14-5-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

link   
Ron Paul made the right decision.

Have a nice retirement Ron Paul!

You seemed to be a nice guy, but your supporters turned me off.

Here's a big....

to all Ron Paul supporters (whom I'm sure are getting ready for the Ron Paul 2016 campaign)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Just let the anti-paul bots have their day. It's not like their opinions matter.

The way I see it, there are only 11 states left who haven't voted. The only big losses are potentially CA and TX, but Paul's been campaigning in those two states for some time now. Really, it all comes down to money.

So, fellow Paul supporters, do we stick with the plan? Storm the state conventions and take the delegate seats right out from under Romney's nose after he wins the beauty pageant anyway?

ETA: I'd also like to point this little tidbit out:

I hope all supporters of Liberty will remain deeply involved - become delegates, win office, and take leadership positions. I will be right there with you. In the coming days, my campaign leadership will lay out to you our delegate strategy and what you can do to help, so please stay tuned.

He's still laying out some strategy. Doesn't sound like someone who's thrown in the towel to me
edit on 14-5-2012 by Akuhei because: See post

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by freakjive
Don't worry. He's not giving up. This is just an end to "active" campaigning. There's less an less reason to be spending the big bucks on the campaign trail when that money can better be spent on a decisive delegate/convention strategy.

Shocker that CNN finally breaks news about Ron Paul and then spins it as though he's dropping out.

ETA: Don't listen to anything CNN says when it comes to Ron Paul

Go Here for Ron Paul Election News
edit on 5/14/2012 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

Oh yes he is.

It's over.

He is suspending his campaign.

You are down to 2 choices: Obama or Romney

He's suspending the primary campaign, meaning he's not looking to woo voters for the primaries.

As you can see, if you've followed along, the voters don't really count for much.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I wonder..... I wonder if he secretly met up with Romney and his campaign and... discussed this over?

Vice president anyone?

I wouldn't put it past Romney...and I would laugh if Paul accepted.

I would laugh even harder watching all the Paul supporters falling into line and casting a vote for Romney and the excuses they would come up with.

But...I think Romney's pick will be very dull.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Ron Paul made the right decision.

Have a nice retirement Ron Paul!

You seemed to be a nice guy, but your supporters turned me off.

He's not out.

Anyways, you should look take a look at this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

EDIT: LOL
edit on 14-5-2012 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
He's not actually suspending his campaign, he's just not going to spend money on the primary states anymore, from what I can make of this, which is something that he couldn't really afford to do to begin with, seeing as how he doesn't have any banks/etc backing him.

I was shocked when I read the alert below the cspan ticker earlier, it sounded as if he had outright given up, which is why I ran upstairs to confirm the news on the internet. Naturally they would twist it to make it sound like he was dropping out, whether it be because they genuinely don't understand the delegate strategy, or because they're trying to be malicious.

I'll still be voting for Paul when the Primary comes in a few weeks, and I'm expecting many others to come out for him as well.

Still plan on giving the establishment a headache.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Darkinin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

you gotta admit Outkast, this is earlier than usual for Ron Paul to drop out. I seriously believe there was a deal going on with the Romney campaign.

And you guys spout off almost everyday about how Ron Paul supporters refuse to listen.. He did not drop out, he is still planning to take this to the convention. Hell, if you had read even OKS's earlier post, it says it right in front of you.

But, go ahead and keep putting your fingers in your ears "lalalalala I'm not listening!" I think it's funny, but pathetic.

edit on 14-5-2012 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join