It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Ron Paul to end active campaigning - cnn

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This is sad. I'm sorry, RP supporters. I really am. Paul did seem like a man after my own heart, in many respects.

We need to recognise, however, that as some doors close, others will open. Whenever we attempt to achieve progress, we can often find ourselves initially blocked; when what we really needed to discover was, that there is another way around the problem.

Look for it. You'll find it. Ron Paul was but one avenue to a potentially brighter future. There are others; and most importantly, they need to begin with you, and the people immediately around you; not the delegation of your sovereignty to someone else at a distance.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4
This is sad. I'm sorry, RP supporters. I really am. Paul did seem like a man after my own heart, in many respects.

We need to recognise, however, that as some doors close, others will open. Whenever we attempt to achieve progress, we can often find ourselves initially blocked; when what we really needed to discover was, that there is another way around the problem.

Look for it. You'll find it. Ron Paul was but one avenue to a potentially brighter future. There are others; and most importantly, they need to begin with you, and the people immediately around you; not the delegation of your sovereignty to someone else at a distance.

This is not sad...he didn't quit...it's not over

no fat lady singing yet

hell hasn't frozen over

the cows haven't come home

Ron Paul is still IN IT TO WIN IT!!

check the last page of posts for his official campaign video where he details his new strategy

edit on 14-5-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

What you do not realize is it is either Ron Paul or Obama for president. Do you know why? The Ron Paul supporters will not support R-money and will take their votes to RP no matter what, which leaves Obama being elected again. If RP got the nomination, all the Republicans would rally behind him and give RP a good chance against Obama.

So the fact of the matter is that it is either RP or Obama, those will be your choices. I guarantee it 100%

I sincerely hope you're wrong about that. If Paul goes all the way and drops clear off after the Convention, and his supporters just pout in a corner, then it is over. We might has well start looking at realistic scenarios we may expect to face as things begin falling apart, like we're seeing in Europe.

I hate the Romney option, but Romney isn't Obama. He's not much better in his OWN way but HIS way is just run of the mill, corrupt politician. I can live with that. It's what we've had for my entire living memory. heck, even Reagan was no shining example of virtue on that score. None of them have been. Romney isn't hell bent on the destruction of this nation as we've known it on almost every level. That is enough contrast where NO OTHER choice exists.

Do I want President Romney? Nope....but President Romney may just slow things down enough to make it to 2016 when we get another shot at a candidate who we can believe in. Maybe Rand Paul? Perhaps a new face we haven't even heard of in a real sense yet. Anything is better than what I feel is the absolute certain end of American life as we all grew up knowing it if we stay on THIS precise course. It only gets worse down this path, IMO.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This isn't over until Mitt gets 1144 votes rolled called in Tampa, then it's over.

Until then we just don't know how many stealth delegates are out there, there singular mission is to somehow deny Romney the 1144 on the first ballot, then it's game on.

This has been Ron Paul Strategy from day one.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I actually think he has taken a pretty smart strategy. Why spend 10 million dollars campaigning when those funds could be better spent in more directly influential projects. The whole process is a big money pit and RP, unlike the other two is not broke.

It will be interesting to see how the delegates turn out ends up in FL.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is very good news for Ron Paul supporters. It means Ron Paul is confident enough of his inevitable victory in Tampa that he can take a rest from campaigning and begin saving his resources for the fall campaign.

Meanwhile Romney will fight desperately for his phantom delegates he really doesn't have, only to watch Ron Paul snatch up 70% of them.

The best scenario is for the few Romney supporters to fall back to sleep and forget to show up for the many state conventions. Any calls from Romney to arouse them from their snooze will only lead to them falling into a deeper slumber.

Ron Paul supporters, knowing that they are needed more than ever, will rally to the cause of liberty. The revolution is now on auto-pilot, giving Ron Paul a chance to gauge the strength of his movement.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
He is not quitting fools! He should have known how this would be spun though and kept his mouth shut!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Wow...leave it to Ron Paul supporters to come up with fantastic delusions.

Ron Paul Campaign: "I'm not campaigning anymore, I'm broke, we do horrible in Primary states, and we aren't even claiming to be after the nomination anymore...we just hope for a strong message at the Convention"

Ron Paul Supporters: "This is FANTASTIC news...it's a clear sign that Ron Paul is winning."

I honestly can't compete with those types of delusions. But I can just imagine what it will be after the Convention...I'm thinking, "Well we didn't want the nomination anyways....poopy heads....the nomination is icky and now you have cooties".

If the candidate I was supporting just said they are too broke to continue the campaign...I would have a really hard time finding a positive out of that.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Daemonicon

OK, if Ron Paul is winning all of those delegates in so many states that I keep reading about here on ATS, why would he pull back if he is making such incredible headway? It doesn't make sense! Of course, me be moderately paranoid my next question would be, "Who threatened him and/or his family and/or his friends from the republicans or the democrats?" Or maybe a better question, "Did the threats come out of the international banking cartel, eg, the FED, the IMF, the BIS, etc?"

It doesn't make sense that he would drop out now unless he doesn't want to be president when WWIII starts, or some other catastrophe that is in launch mode and he can't stop it.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 5/14.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
My understanding is they finely found some dirt on him.
It appears he served during the Vietnam War,
He never did any drugs in Vietnam,
He did not impregnate any women while there,
and nobody spit on him when he came home.
The above 3 things, he never did or experience, makes him,
So UN_American.

LBJ
How Many Presidential Hopeful's did you ruin today?
Someday we will all accept,
Corporations above Heroes.

Anyway its time to run down to McHeroes,
I am just Lovin it!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Did you even watch the video?
Ok now who is the deluded one?
Yes I freely admit Ron Paul may not win this, I am realistic.

But if you watch that video and still say "Ron Paul dropped out today", then you are the deluded one.
Delusion, is a two edged sword that cuts 2 ways, and it is cutting your way right now.

edit on 14-5-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
not true media bull$hiting again www.ronpaul2012.com...
edit on 14-5-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daemonicon
Breaking - Ron Paul to end active campaigning. - CNN

Texas Rep. Ron Paul said in a statement Monday that he will end active campaigning in the GOP presidential race, but will continue efforts to win delegates at state conventions.

So, it looks like it's official, which makes me sad. ATS, what are your opinions on this matter?

The main question I have, why continue to seek delegates, when you are pretty much removing yourself from the nomination. Would someone be able to clarify if I am misunderstanding this?

Thank You

I would be glad to clarify this for you... if someone else has already I apologize in advance. He is ending active campaigning because to hold large rallies of over 5 or 10 thousand people takes a lot of rental space, which is money the campaign doesn't want to allocate towards anymore. So he is suspending future rallies. Thats all this really means. He knows his supporters are out there, and he knows we are doing the best we can. Where we win is the delegate process, so he is focusing his campaign finances with that goal in mind. It is a financial move, not a political one. He is not removing himself from the nomination. It will be interesting to see how the media will spin this one... like they have ever been honest before... or maybe it will be the blackout as usual, who knows? Remember that its not official that he is ending his campaign, he is just allocating money differently, and wants to keep his supporters informed. Like a real boss would.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Disappointed with this, beginning to question if Paul is conceding for future benefits of Rand. He didn't suspend his campaign entirely, so I still hold hope. With the caucus scans going on, quitting now is BS, or I'd he doing it because it was becoming too revealing and he doesn't want to expose them entirely

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Ron Paul Campaign: "I'm not campaigning anymore, I'm broke, we do horrible in Primary states, and we aren't even claiming to be after the nomination anymore...we just hope for a strong message at the Convention"

Ron Paul Supporters: "This is FANTASTIC news...it's a clear sign that Ron Paul is winning."

If your going to quote Ron Paul supporters, and the Ron Paul campaign, then please do it appropriately... I wonder where the mods are? Either way its slander.
Anyway, the idea of Liberty is bigger than one man. The liberty fire is spreading and it wont be stopped, not even after another president is in office, not ever. You don't have to believe in this country in order to live in it. You have your freedom of speech too. Thats Irony, I guess.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Just like last time, Paul bails on all his supporters. He could just as well have kept campaigning for delegates in states where they have not yet been chosen.

The delagate strategy is still very much in play, and it has worked in more than 5 states so far, the Ron Paul grassroots organization is going to continue to get key party positions and delagates whether there are TV ads for Paul or not!

What happened to all those "unbound" stealth delegates?

umm, still there and still unbound

What happened to "Ron Paul math"?

Still adds up

What happened to all the Paul Bots calling the rest of us idiots and delusional for pointing out the obvious?

I see that not even you are above inflamatory comments friend. Time will tell if you thing stating the winner of straw polls is "pointing out the obvious". When it becomes clear that his strategy is more far reaching than many see I hope to revisit this comment with a smile.

your Great Leader has abandoned you.

Hes still in the race, he's just not throwing money around. We will see him in tampa, along with the true delagate count.

And I prefer the term Paulites
. Bot implies that we have no choice in the matter, and I am willfully doing everything I can to promote the cause of liberty through Dr.Paul. You're a smart guy, schuyler its very interesting that you can't seem to understand the message of free markets and a free society that Paul frequently talks about

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cetaphobic

Originally posted by cetaphobic
Thank god! Maybe we won't have a proud racist as president after all!

Im black and voting for Ron Paul, which I certainly wouldn't do if he was racist.

as a very involved person in inner city politics I can tell you that minorities are starting to come around to Dr. Paul, and are seeing though these wild attacks of racism that the media and individuals like you shoot at him

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
Looks like Ben Bernanke put a little more butter on Ron Paul's bread at their lunch meeting the other day.

How quick was that? Bought and sold like a cheap suit.

I don't think they ever meet outside of 'work', let alone for a lunch meeting. It would be like the devil buttering jesus' bread.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Daemonicon

I just read an article & viewed a video clip that provides evidence that Ron Paul is actually an actor. The actor is a recognised and recognisable Englishman. I do not follow American politics but I know who Ron Paul is and I know who the english actor is and I am shaking my head and pondering the evidence. Hmmmm....

The fact that the evidence that Ron Paul is really an actor and is readily available on the world wide web - now suddenly Ron Paul is not running for election as President - hmmm....

Much Peace...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Paul ended his presidential campaign, but he'll still be on the ballot when the election comes in November.

Now if only the die hard Paul fans would end their state of denial.

Game is over and has been for a while.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join