Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

China Bangs the War Drum Over South China Sea: (So, is this how WWIII Begins-Asia?)

page: 1

join

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

War talk, it seems, is all the rage in China at the minute. Yes, there are serious people in serious publications seriously advocating war.

At the heart of the issue is what is called Scarborough Shoal by the Philippines and Huangyan Island by China, a little more than 100 miles (160km) from the Philippines and 500 miles from China. The names are a bit misleading because this is a series of rocks, reefs and small islands stretching across an area of about 150sq km (58 sq miles) of the South China Sea, claimed by both the Philippines and China. For a month now, there has been a standoff between Chinese and Philippine fishing and coastguard vessels near the outcrops.

On Tuesday, China's Vice Foreign Minister Fu Ying summoned a Philippine diplomat for the third time in this standoff, and delivered a warning, that China has "made all preparations to respond to any escalation of the situation by the Philippine side". For China, sovereignty is one of the key issues it says it will not compromise on, so it is sending strong signals but also boxing itself in.

The odd thing here is that the Philippine navy consists of just one proper ship and that is an ancient US Coast Guard cutter which is hardly a match for China's navy, as this online commentary by "The Comparativist" makes clear. The Comparativist writes: "I think this is happening because the Philippines is so weak. The Chinese government can beat the war drums all they want, and as loud as they want, and no war is going to happen. It's akin to bullying someone in a wheelchair that you know can't punch back."

Source 1: www.bbc.co.uk...

Well, I can't help but feel the war, the next "Big One" will be starting soon, this summer. China has been laying the ground work for a couple of years now and with Obama at the USA helm... Now is the best time for them to go after what they want.

Which makes me think that Tiawan will be taken during this time also. One big Fist Swing/Garb..... and China sets to go for a century or two.... All about the Money/Resources. Make no mistake about it... the area is HOT right now. Especially with Japan attempting to flex some muscle of its own...

They continue to grow and the USA continues to weaken. It is only a matter of time before they (China) starts swinging fist all over the place... while holding the USA at bay with the threat of a loan recall....

The Statue of Liberty has seen a lot in her day but nothing like what is about to happen to America... IMO

And poor old Hiliary Clinton. She is trying to seal many deals with China to complete her Sect of State legacy and China keeps mucking things up. No wonder she gave up on the make up and hair stuff.
edit on 14/5/2012 by kosmicjack because: title spelling

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
we've been fighting world war 3 since 9/11/2001. it began with america invading other countries and it hasn't stopped. we are ww2 germany. now the resistance is beginning. china and russia have been building up their armies, bunkers, and ballistic nuclear weapons while we have been busy expending all our resources and our economy on taking over the world. soon when the time is right russia and china are going to blitz us hard and fast and that will be the end of world war 3 ,a nuclear exchange.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I share the same worries.

China warns Philippines over South China sea

The US are placing a great deal of troops in the region, not seen since WWII.

The US Is Placing More Troops In The Pacific Than At Any Time Since World War II

I thought the US would stay out of it, but I might be inevitable that we don't, assuming something does happen.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Nope no Nuke exchange everyone other than insane leaders (Iran/NK) believe in the MAD theory. The thing that will trigger WWIII in the average citizens eyes (yes it did begin in 2001) is the EMP of North America, China, Russia, and Europe. This is going to throw all countries involved back to 1860. Of course the militaries will be exempt for a little while and start fighting. The rest of us will be trying to survive on our own and word of the war will reach us like in 1860, 6 weeks later.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
EMP? USA? By china?!?
Never!

For 2 simple reasons;

1. China is dependant on the western economy
2. Americas nukes are scattered arround the planet and btw, all their nuclear sites are well protected against emp attacks

edit on 14-5-2012 by HellaKitty because: HK felt like it

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
George W, named the following in 2003 as MNNA’s

Bahrain
Phillippines
Thailand
Kuwait
Morocco
Pakistan

Major non-NATO ally (MNNA) is a designation given by the United States government to close allies who have strategic working relationships with US armed forces but are not members of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

While the MNNA status does not automatically include a mutual defense pact with the United States, it does confer a variety of military and financial advantages that otherwise are not obtainable by non-NATO countries.

The US military may come to there aid if anything happens. George W picked some cracking allies.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
most propaganda -- ie saying Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran will plunge us into war... and now China or Nk...

lol,

its US that most often plunges ourself into turmoil as well as war..

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zyrktec

What makes you think they're not in on it too? Foolish to not actually look a the big picture before trying to describe it.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yes it's all very exciting to say WW3 is imminent, however your argument is flawed.

The Chinese and American economies are tied very close together and war between them would be economical suicide. America would stop consuming, China would stop producing due to a lack of demand.

Logistically, China has no way to transport it's massive army.

If they were transported by boat, the only realistic way to transport an army of that size, America would win the war in hours as sailing without air superiority is suicide. (The reason the Nazi's never invaded Britain)

Also China would suffer the same fate as the russians did during the 1941 German dominance of Russia.

Russia, despite having vast numbers of tanks were defeated by the Germans fewer tanks as Germany had more supply trucks refulling the tanks.

Also Napoleon was unable to supply his large army as well.

An army the size of China's would require immense resources and supplys, and It's just not realistic.

--

There will be another WW, but I think it will come from Europe where history will repeat itself and in desperate times, people vote for the people who make promises (Just as the Nazi's did)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
People overestimate China's military. The only credible threat to the US are nukes. They might sink an aircraft carrier or two but so what? If anything it'll lead congress to formally declare war and turn our economy into a strictly war economy (e.g. WWII) . Best way to get out of debt it is make your debt holders disappear.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I Love Rrum,.
I have never had the China brand,. and why bang it,?
Rrum is yummy with pineapple juice..
What war?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
What I am praying for, if your predictions and theory reign true (which is very plausible) that China don't use an attack on Australia to draw our allies from other areas of the world in our defence then also strike on that front.

If that happens, I can see us Aussies receiving little assistance as resources will be required elsewhere.

The 2,500 marines in Darwin combined with our own forces not currently deployed will not be enough to stem that tide..

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It occurs to me that China can do pretty much what it wants knowing we won't risk war to do anything to stop them. Iraq could be fought without much affect on our economy, but no way we do anything in Asia without massive impact; plus this is not a hawkish administration. China knows we are in no shape to go to a major war, and can't afford to get on their bad side economically, so we'll do nothing. Asian neutrals (Indonesia) will start looking to Beijing instead of Washington.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
While I can accept the fact that America and China will eventually come to bear arms I don't see it happening any time soon.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

I concur, mostly. Mostly because when China starts it military take-over of the South China Sea and then expands from there..... But mostly because Obama will not be able to attach back at China (for whatever reason you want to put in the blank..)

new topics

top topics

join