It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding science explaining the paranormal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ypperst

Originally posted by 0thetrooth0

Originally posted by ypperst
reply to post by 0thetrooth0

Have you ever experienced something that you find paranormal?

No, I've never experienced anything "paranormal"

Okay. But are you skeptic about the paranormal? Like the story "blackmetalmist" Just posted, do you believe that one?

I, myself, haven't seen any person shaped humanoids/spirits, but I have heard their footsteps, felt their evil presence, seen lights hovering on a wall so me and my friend could see it. But never any human shaped shadows or anything.

I dont know what to say. I have to see/experience it myself in order for me to believe it.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Sorry, but science will never recognize life after death, because that would mean they were wrong and Jesus was right. They would rather kill us all than admit religion was right about anything.
The " experts" are wrong all the time, do you ever hear them admit it? No.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
As a matter of fact, something weird just happened over at my workplace.

I went into the restroom and I saw what looked like a person wearing dark clothing pass by. I was in the stall and I could tell through the lines from the side of the doors that someone walked by. I didnt hear any footsteps but I figured maybe they were wearing soft shoes. Anyway, when I exited, I expected to see someone in the other stalls but no one was there. (its only a three stall bathroom).

This is precisely a good example of something that is not easily explained. Could it have been someone, probably not, since I would have seen that shadow walk by and then walk back again. A ghost? Perhaps.

It could be something like an energy that stayed back, like when people die and see a ghost like everyday at a certain time it may be something called "residual energy" It's not paranormal.

Something tragic might have happended there. See if you can go in the bathroom everyday at the same time and look for that figure.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlchemicalMonocular

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Will science ever be able to explain the paranormal

Not any science I learned in college and after.

No.

No psychology classes?

Psychology is normal not paranormal. The only science which addresses the paranormal would be quantum.

Not if the "paranormal" is the result of abnormal psychological occurances.
I'm not sure either way. In ways I think it's possible, in other ways, I think it's psychological.
Not enough data to make a commitment I guess.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Then it is not, by definition and by the fact you used " " paranormal.

edit on 14-5-2012 by AlchemicalMonocular because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I went into the restroom and I saw what looked like a person wearing dark clothing pass by. I was in the stall and I could tell through the lines from the side of the doors that someone walked by. I didnt hear any footsteps but I figured maybe they were wearing soft shoes. Anyway, when I exited, I expected to see someone in the other stalls but no one was there. (its only a three stall bathroom).

This is precisely a good example of something that is not easily explained. Could it have been someone, probably not, since I would have seen that shadow walk by and then walk back again. A ghost? Perhaps.

It could be something like an energy that stayed back, like when people die and see a ghost like everyday at a certain time it may be something called "residual energy" It's not paranormal.

Something tragic might have happended there. See if you can go in the bathroom everyday at the same time and look for that figure.

Here's a little history about my workplace (without giving too much away lol) :

The building where I work is connected to underground tunnels which were used back in the day to transport criminals and other important stuff. We are also connected to a specific building which once housed a jail and county morgue was in the basement. I work in the basement of this bldg so you can kinda say, im fairly close to where all this stuff took place. Also the site of the bldg had hangings, etc, before it became a courthouse.

With that being said, Im almost expecting something to be here or at least appear now and then. We do hear mysterious heels walking right above us, cigar smoke smell out of nowhere and after 3pm, its when it seems to be mostly active. In this particular bathroom, I have heard voices and what sounds like singing. Now granted, there is some sort of air/purifying machine that runs in there so it simply could be my mind making it up, BUT after working here for 2 yrs, I am able to distiguish between human voices and the whirring of the maching.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

It is against the interests of science to prove some of the paranormal things that are out there. It would mean that the basis of the sciences is extremely flawed. Science knows more than they say but will deny existence to protect their ways. Lots of science is real but only when conditions are close to perfect. Lining up of adverse conditions can make science not applicable.

We have all had days when everything goes wrong, I don't know anyone who has not. Science can't explain the circumstances leading up to those events or the reason all the events happened when they did. If you take things apart you can define every detail, but when it's put together it's timing doesn't make sense that everything bad happened back to back. Look at what is happening in the world that science has created and wonder what the domino effect of all their creations is causing. What happens if mankind has a really bad day. What is going to be the result. Maybe science should start preparing for one of those days.

Sometimes I do wonder if science is hiding things from us like hard evidence of an afterlife or of spirits. If they do, we are screwed because will be left in the dark. Dam I dont like to think about this because it is disturbing. If this is true, I guess we have no choice but to enjoy life and die and see what happens if anything..

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Sometimes I do wonder if science is hiding things from us like hard evidence of an afterlife or of spirits.

Why wonder? Time and time again we have been shown that "science" had kept the most intimate and important information from us. Do you think that after 50 + years that the Nazi Bell project was abandoned?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Here's a little history about my workplace (without giving too much away lol) :

The building where I work is connected to underground tunnels which were used back in the day to transport criminals and other important stuff. We are also connected to a specific building which once housed a jail and county morgue was in the basement. I work in the basement of this bldg so you can kinda say, im fairly close to where all this stuff took place. Also the site of the bldg had hangings, etc, before it became a courthouse.

With that being said, Im almost expecting something to be here or at least appear now and then. We do hear mysterious heels walking right above us, cigar smoke smell out of nowhere and after 3pm, its when it seems to be mostly active. In this particular bathroom, I have heard voices and what sounds like singing. Now granted, there is some sort of air/purifying machine that runs in there so it simply could be my mind making it up, BUT after working here for 2 yrs, I am able to distiguish between human voices and the whirring of the maching.

I think that explains alot. Either it's because of the evil spirits that got attached there because of all the negative things in the past and continue to haunt the place (I dont believe that explanatio) or there's a natural/scientific way of explaining it..

What do you think is going on? Is it some spirits trying to communicate with you or do you think in the future science will explain it as something natural? Do you simply ignore what goes on in the bldg and continue with your life, or how does all this affect your life?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Sometimes I do wonder if science is hiding things from us like hard evidence of an afterlife or of spirits.

Why wonder? Time and time again we have been shown that "science" had kept the most intimate and important information from us. Do you think that after 50 + years that the Nazi Bell project was abandoned?

I hope it's not that important like their hiding the truth on reincarnation from us and will be be coming back ro earth over and over again for all eternity since we just think we have one life. Little do we know there's proof of reincarnation, but it is kept secret so only they can ascend and we the masses get stuck in eternal rebirths.
I can only hope it's not something serious like that...
I can swallow them hiding free energy or the real truth behind 9/11 or advanced technology etc but when it comes to real important things like god, afterlife, etc. dam

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

To be honest with you, when I first started working here, I was really curious to ask janitors and bldg maintenance workers about paranormal stories and if any of them have seen anything. Im somewhat of a ghost investigator, so I'm fascinated about history especially when it comes to old bldgs like this one. I then began to hear an array of stories from workers seeing a little girl in the certain room in the floor above us.

However, I began to ask those questions after first experiencing the voices and "singing". The reason I did that was to not create things in my mind that I would have, had I heard the stories first.

I dont think any spirits are out to contact me or anything like that since I dont want to reach out to them in any way. I've had quite a few encounters in my days and I try to leave those kind of contacts to professionals.

Another story, which also made me a believer, was something that happened a few years ago. I went to the Graumman's (sp?) Manns Chinese theatre in Hollywood to watch a movie. Halftime during the movie, I wanted to use the restroom and as I was descending the stairs, I suddenly stopped and something told me not to continue. I tried to fight it but it was almost like I couldnt. I came back again and made my bf at the time go with me.

About a few months later, I was in this website Shadowlands- CA and lo and behold, they had a story that women hesitated going down the stairs when they tried going to the bathroom. I still to this day, cannot explain that.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I was six yo and at minor league ballpark in Memphis TN, Easter Sunday 1960. Went to the bathroom and locked myself in the stall only to see and feel flames of fire all around me. It was so real and upsetting that I left without pooping and ran back up the stairs into the stands and told my father who thought I was either lying, nuts or highly imaginative.

Later, we went over to his friend's house, a scientist with Bechtel Corp. I called my Mom and told her to look out the window, turned the TV on and there was the news of the fire which completely destroyed the ballpark. I told the scientist and he looked at me and said, "Son, science can never explain anything like that".

Picture Of park

My mother was dying of cancer and was one of the hospital evacuees mentioned in the article.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Let science try to explain this away:
smphillips.8m.com...
The picture on the right was published in 1908 in a book called "Occult Chemistry" and depicts a subatomic particle allegedly remote-viewed with the aid of a yogic siddhi, or paranormal power, called "anima" in Sanskrit, known to yogis for thousands of years.

The picture on the left appeared in a scientific research paper presented in 2003 at an international conference on quantum chromodynamics (QCD). It displays the colour-coded, colour flux density in Nielsen-Oleson vortices in the superconducting Higgs field for a bound state of three quarks, calculated from QCD with a supercomputer. The remote-viewed "lines of force" between the heart-shaped basic constituents of matter have a Y-shaped configuration that is identical to what computer calculations now show a century later.

Don't suggest that this is merely a coincidence. Other diagrams published in 1908 depict lines of force ending on the basic particles just as the QCD string model of quark confinement predicts. The research at
smphillips.8m.com...
smphillips.8m.com...
and in three books proves beyond all doubt that quarks were remote-viewed 70 years before they were hypothesized by physicists Murray Gell-Mann and George Zweig.

Explain that, science.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I was six yo and at minor league ballpark in Memphis TN, Easter Sunday 1960. Went to the bathroom and locked myself in the stall only to see and feel flames of fire all around me. It was so real and upsetting that I left without pooping and ran back up the stairs into the stands and told my father who thought I was either lying, nuts or highly imaginative.

Later, we went over to his friend's house, a scientist with Bechtel Corp. I called my Mom and told her to look out the window, turned the TV on and there was the news of the fire which completely destroyed the ballpark. I told the scientist and he looked at me and said, "Son, science can never explain anything like that".

Picture Of park

My mother was dying of cancer and was one of the hospital evacuees mentioned in the article.

Can you sense certain events before they happen or was it only that one time? In your opinion, how do you explain what you experienced?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Using Controlled Remote Viewing, I can "sense" characteristics of things (color, temp, smell, etc) including emotions and similar characteristics outside of the normal 5 sense mechanisms.

E.g. I have recently completed a session which I was given the target as a long/lat. I sketched lines that looked like stairs, a deep hole, feeling of cold, hard surfaces, - about 10 pages over 30 minutes. The target was this.

Missile Silo Home

As far as the ballpark burning, that was the first paranormal experience I had and I have never had anything like it again.

RV cannot be explained by RVers, science or anyone.

Can I RV a future event or a past event, yes, but I am not anywhere near as good at it as these guys.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall2012
Sorry, but science will never recognize life after death, because that would mean they were wrong and Jesus was right. They would rather kill us all than admit religion was right about anything.
The " experts" are wrong all the time, do you ever hear them admit it? No.

It's hardly as simplistic as that. If science did discover "the Other Side" that in no way means "Jesus was right." It doesn't prove Jesus even existed or any Biblical truth whatsoever. It's not an "either/or" proposition. Science is hardly out to get religion; it just doesn't accept religious truths, things like you must accept Jesus or suffer damnation. To science, that's really incredibly silly stuff.

Science wants reproducible truth. It will not admit that some medium is channeling an alien--OR a dead person because, quite frankly, not only is it not reproducible, but many acts of fraud have come from that sort of "truth." In part, science is a reaction against religious quakery and that likely is one reason it chooses to avoid the issue of the paranormal.

However, if the paranormal exists (and I believe it does) then science MUST eventually find it, interact with it, and establish reproducible communication with it. Science will need to accommodate the paranormal within the theory of reality. In that sense science will need to reach an accommodation with religion. That doesn't mean accepting Jesus. It means acknowledging there is an "Other Side" and that our souls survive physical death. That doesn't mean science has to accept God, angels, and Heaven. Those are just religious interpretations of what is going on. You can easily have an "Other Side" without any religion at all.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Wonderful, another nitpicking nitwit that worries more about vernacular than concepts. I can hook you up with somebody that just LOVES to sit and argue the way you apparently want to, it would give everyone else a much needed break.

*for those who aren't just trying to argue for the sake of arguing....
IF it is an actual occurance, it will, at some time be investigated further and possibly given a physical reason. If it is not an actual occurance, it will eventually be investigated through psychology and given a reason.
There is nothing "paranormal" about it since that means "beyond normal" and if there are as many occurances as people claim they are, then it's not "beyond normal" at all.
edit on 14-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
not crazy but here goes my theory.

We have to exist after death.

What am I, I'm in this body I am controlling it, physically I have a mind but physically I am seeing a reality with something that can't be explained, is this world a delusion that I am creating with my own mind. How come I can see,
How come I can feel/touch/see/hear/interact?

What if there is a world with none of that but something alien like.

Its like these people who do remote viewing am I just remote viewing a different reality at the moment.

Just thought i would add some crazy thinking into the thread.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Will science ever be able to explain the paranormal?
By paranormal I mean serious things like people seeing their dead relatives, objects moving, hearing voices, seeing entities, ouija board experiences etc.

If you mistakenly believe that what you have described are functions of the mind, that is they exist only within a mental process and are not other dimensional., then there are explanations available today. None of which has one iota of hard science behind it and I might add that there are many who consider psychology to be, at its best, a soft science, subjectively self-reporting, chocked full of error and dissonant results. Among those who argue that psychology should not be a science are psychologists themselves.

If you consider your set of paranormal experiences as dimensional, true realities, other dimensional awarenesses and not manifestations of an abnormally mind, the there is no chance, nada, none, zero that science as we know it today can explain it.

By definition. These experiences exist outside of the capabilities, parameters and study of hard science (such as chemistry, biology, and materialistic physics..

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join