Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

New Planet Found in Our Solar System?

page: 1

join

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

An as yet undiscovered planet might be orbiting at the dark fringes of the solar system, according to new research. Too far out to be easily spotted by telescopes, the potential unseen planet appears to be making its presence felt by disturbing the orbits of so-called Kuiper belt objects, said Rodney Gomes, an astronomer at the National Observatory of Brazil in Rio de Janeiro.

link - news.nationalgeographic.com... 2012/05/120511-new-planet-solar-system-kuiper-belt-space-science

i've always wondered if there were some advanced race that is of type 3 civilization as michu kaku calls them.. that could actually augment and create solar systems.. beings that are so advanced they can perfect the celestial clockwork of major planets...

if they needed a planet to interrupt a civilization at one specific moment in time, without the civilization having any real specific information about it's arrival... having that rogue planet's orbit intersect closely with the orbit of the civilization's planet's orbit..

then they'd have to position it's trajectory in such a manner that it would be undetectable until nearly the cusp of it's arrival..

for instance positioning the trajectory at such a perfect velocity that from the position of the surface of the earth, the rogue planet is never visible.. ALWAYS hidden by another body in space..

would be ingenious i think.. but would also be the only way to "surprise" the civilization on earth with a new planet.. unless you could cloak the planet.. or if it was "black as coal" and reflected no visible light..

edit on 5/14/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I read over this article this morning on: www.coasttocoastam.com....

This was a truly interesting story. It is my firm beleif that we have 12 planets in our solar system; 11 if you do not include the sun. I think in time we will find them.

I have always wondered about our moon - it is in such perfect rotation around our planet as to never let us visibly see the dark side.

If alien beings did put the moon here, it would stand to reason they could move a planet behind the sun in a perfect orbit that prohibits us from seeing.

I look forward to more updates about this potential planet.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
"Gomes speculates that the mystery object could be a rogue planet that was kicked out of its own star system and later captured by the sun's gravity. Or the putative planet could have formed closer to our sun, only to be cast outward by gravitational encounters with other planets."

Really interesting article! I like the idea of the rogue planet - kicked out but then allowed to partially return.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Has there ever been any images released of the dark side of the moon? I know I've heard stories about Aliens living on the dark side having bases and things but I would love to see if its true or not.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

if they needed a planet to interrupt a civilization at one specific moment in time, without the civilization having any real specific information about it's arrival... having that rogue planet's orbit intersect closely with the orbit of the civilization's planet's orbit..

Interesting theory, but what would be there motive for doing so? If they are type 3, then why use a rogue planet, when they can just as easily do it themselves? Not a dig, Just curious as to your train of thought on this.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumanitiesLastHope
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

Has there ever been any images released of the dark side of the moon? I know I've heard stories about Aliens living on the dark side having bases and things but I would love to see if its true or not.

Try this: Far side of moon

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It seems, after all, that PlanetX theory is very much alive.
Of course, if that guy is right...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Kepler determined, according to his first law of planetary motion, that the orbits of the planets are elliptical in shape, with the Sun at one focus of the ellipse and the shape of the ellipse being measured in terms of eccentricity; the more eccentric an orbit, the more elongated it is. Many planets, like Earth, have orbits that are very close to being circular, while others, like Mercury, have more eccentric orbits.

Elliptical Orbits

If its true that all of our planets move in elliptical orbits (even just slightly) then it's not so far fetched to imagine planets that have such a large orbit might have remained unseen as they were so far out. I guess their orbits could even intersect the orbits of the known planets But it could just all be natural with no alien influence.
Regarding aliens...
If they were advanced enough their is no limit to what they could do. They could potentially be able to exert some control over a planet or moon. I can't say why they would but the possibilities regarding why could be limitless.
Very interesting. I'll have to keep my eye on this for developments.
S+F
TXML

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Interesting theory, but what would be there motive for doing so? If they are type 3, then why use a rogue planet, when they can just as easily do it themselves? Not a dig, Just curious as to your train of thought on this.

well that's where you'd have to delve into Sitchin's Sumerian-Annunakki information... as to the "why" ..
If end time prophecy of the bible parallels the Sitchin material.. then in order for the "new earth of revelation" to be born.. some kind of celestial interaction has got to occur.. and most likely the need for a tremendous amount of gravity to be used... possibly that of a giant planet.

maybe the planet's passing of earth has been perfectly calculated to interact with earth's geology to such an extent that an entirely new planet is formed.. new continents.. new oceans.. new poles...

and a planet doing it (set in motion by the ETs) ... gives them relief from being "involved" or "responsible" "accused".. all humanity knows is that it's a planet... not a planet pushed by aliens..

what if this type of solar system is a model that is used across the universe to "farm" intelligent life "souls"... and reward the ones that act benevolently with indestructible god-bodies.. after death... so they may join the other people in the universe...

just a thought.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
We are the advanced race... If we find a planet with things living on it we are gonna do something stupid. And they wont see it coming.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well its propably not the big Nib because, according to Sitchin, Nibiru is not due yet anyhow:

Sitchin published a book, The End of Days, which set the time for the last passing of Nibiru by Earth at 556 BC, which would mean, given the object's supposed 3,600-year orbit, that it would return sometime around AD 2900.[17]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
for background - his astronomy doctorate was on this exact theme.

Here is the latest work published by him as coauthor.

www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0019103512001182

Icarus

Available online 3 April 2012

In Press, Corrected Proof

Explaining why the uranian satellites have equatorial prograde orbits despite the large planetary obliquity

* A. Morbidelli a,
* K. Tsiganis b,
* K. Batygin c,
* A. Crida a,
* R. Gomes d,

* a Laboratoire Lagrange, UMR7293, Université de Nice Sophia-Antipolis, CNRS, Observatoire de la Côte d’Azur, Boulevard de l’Observatoire, 06304 Nice Cedex 4, France

* b Department of Physics, Section Astrophysics, Astronomy and Mechanics, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki 54124, Greece

* c California Institute of Technology, Division of Geological & Planetary Sciences, MC 170-25 1200 E. California Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91125, United States

* d Observatório Nacional José Cristino, Rua General José Cristino 77, CEP 20921-400 Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil

* Received 16 November 2011. Revised 23 March 2012. Accepted 27 March 2012. Available online 3 April 2012.

Abstract

We show that the existence of prograde equatorial satellites is consistent with a collisional tilting scenario for Uranus. In fact, if the planet was surrounded by a proto-satellite disk at the time of the tilting and a massive ring of material was temporarily placed inside the Roche radius of the planet by the collision, the proto-satellite disk would have started to precess incoherently around the equator of the planet, up to a distance greater than that of Oberon. Collisional damping would then have collapsed it into a thin equatorial disk, from which the satellites eventually formed. The fact that the orbits of the satellites are prograde requires Uranus to have had a non-negligible initial obliquity (comparable to that of Neptune) before it was finally tilted to 98°.

Keywords

* Uranus;
* Uranus, Satellites;
* Satellites, Formation;
* Satellites, Dynamics

top topics

join