It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother kills son for interrupting facebook game.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
People are living more in a virtual world, and they will increasingly do so. The virtual world is more important than the real one, and it's because they either have rejected the real world to veg out in their own worlds or they feel the real world rejected them.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Its true and actually pretty worrying, someone else posted about things that trigger behaviour like this, imagine how virtual people may be living in 10 or maybe 20 years time.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by blackmetalmist

Addicted to Starcraft!?!? I think I just fell in love. lol I'd play for hours and hours every night for about a year straight with my buddies in middle school/high school. That was before I figured out girls. lol Seriously though, anything can become addicting and it doesn't have to be a physical addiction like drugs. Although, I would guess that physical withdrawal symptoms can occur from being addicted to things besides drugs. Clearly, this woman was mentally unstable and as others have said this was a trigger. Such a shame, but I guess we are not robots and because of the nature of DNA and reproduction we are sometimes born with "defects." I would call her's a defect for sure. She probably had the kid by accident, judging by her age and what she did, and wasn't really ready for a kid emotionally. Poor child, he never asked to be born from her. I just find it amazing people can be addicted to such a crappy game. Now, motorcycles or something really fun like Starcraft, but some crappy game makes no sense to me.

P.S. I really posted just to see if my picture worked for my avatar. lol Restoring a CB175! 7k mi all original barn baby!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousCosmos

If it hadnt been for these modern attractions though could she not have maybe found the time to get some help?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by KillThePoor

Sorry dude, it didn't work

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

Also as you say, nothing good at all comes from facebook, it has given me so much unnecessary grief you wouldn't even believe.

It really doesnt lol. I de-actived mine and everytime I see anyone talking about it, I cant help but make an "UGH" face.

ATS is really my only "social" account online.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Shamefully after complaining about it I still have an account

In no way am I addicted to it though... honest

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Her face seems to reflect her intelligence level I think.
Wasn't Anonymous suppose to shut FB down by now? They could have saved this child's life by doing so. That's a sad fact.

They never claimed to shut down FB it was just fake videos put up by someone else.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Start keeping track of how many of these such stories come out of Florida. Go back in time and read all the news-making stories about parent-to-child, child-to-parent and spousal murders. Seriously. What's going on in Florida?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

I thought this sounded familiar, the story is about 2 years old but I do remember it happening.
Sick twisted bitc*

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Circuit Judge Adrian G. Soud sentenced Tobias to 50 years in prison after hearing several hours of testimony

Tobias told the judge she was suffering from postpartum depression, but wants to go back to the good person she was before the killing.

"I hate myself for what I did, but not for who I am," she said.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: jacksonville.com...

Somehow, to me, 50 years just doesn't seem long enough.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Reminds me of the Korean couple who neglected their child to a slow death while they were at an internet cafe for hours straight playing online games.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It says the baby was crying while she was playing, if she was doing anything else she would have still did it. I still dont see how shaking a baby would shut it up...... Just put earphones on

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
FARMVILLE???
She killed her son over being interrupted while playing farmville???

Farmville.
I always thought it should be outlawed.
There's a reason now.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Lucky she wasn't playing call of duty she might have nuked the kid

CX

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by fairguy

What's going on in this world today, you can't even walk down the street without seeing atleast 50% of people glued to a blackberry or facebook mobile.

So true...i keep telling my kids to stand up straight as much as they can, i'm sure we will see a rise in kyphosis (hunching of the back) in kids by the time they're 30.

I was actualy amazed and proud of my daughter today when she looked up and said that she was going to sell her Blackberry and get a more basic phone, her thinking is if she doesn't have BBM and all the gadgets on it, she won't spend so much time on it. Quite impressive for a 14 year old in modern day society.

CX.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Sounds like your 14 year old already thinks a bit more than some grown folks

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join