It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beware Chinese Jingoism: How Chinese Nationalistic Media Could Spark Conflict

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Chinese media lately has gone a little crazy. They might be running scare with their citizens running to US embassies and consulates. Now Chinese media is trying to change the story. They have been making trips to islands that are in dispute and placing flags. They have declared the Philippines part of China. Such talk can only create tension.

the-diplomat.com...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by travis911
Chinese media lately has gone a little crazy. They might be running scare with their citizens running to US embassies and consulates. Now Chinese media is trying to change the story. They have been making trips to islands that are in dispute and placing flags. They have declared the Philippines part of China. Such talk can only create tension.

the-diplomat.com...

Ha pot meet kettle ,Americans calling china jingoist lol and I'm American to boot but even i have bounds to my hypocrisy seems our government doesnt

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
The thing to keep in mind is that there is no free press in China. If it is in print, it is being approved if not disseminated by the communist party.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I hope you don't think the US has a free press either.

Just because it's in print doesn't mean people need to believe it. They do, quite often. Perhaps far too often for the good of anyone. Ask yourself though: How often do you believe your own nation's press? How often does your fellow compatriot believe? How much of it can anyone with two brain cells believe? Most of all, why do we believe any of it? There's not one media source that has the moral integrity and fortitude it takes to be trustworthy. Why do any of them have any credibility at all?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I hope you don't think the US has a free press either.
Certainly not. Ours is owned/controlled by the corporatocracy, theirs is controlled by the communist party. I trust neither.

Originally posted by CosmicEggJust because it's in print doesn't mean people need to believe it. They do, quite often. Perhaps far too often for the good of anyone. Ask yourself though: How often do you believe your own nation's press? How often does your fellow compatriot believe? How much of it can anyone with two brain cells believe? Most of all, why do we believe any of it? There's not one media source that has the moral integrity and fortitude it takes to be trustworthy. Why do any of them have any credibility at all?

I don't trust the lame stream media at all. In some cases, I get more objective reporting from Al Jazeera than from CNN, MSNBC, or FOX. Of course, I don't trust AJ either. I try to read the story from multiple viewpoints figuring that the truth will be somewhere in between the positions taken by the various news outlets.

top topics

join