It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New object near the sun. Video is up. It's coming out of the sun. Zoomed in better.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Then the damage would never go away.

No. Not much damage. The CCDs are kept at very low temperatures to help avoid that from happening.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
That big thing is nothing more than a planet. There are some cosmic ray strikes as well, but the moving thing is a planet...I would have to check the positions to see which one, but that is what they look like on the CCD, and they have what looks to be "emissions" from two sides. So ya, nothing more than a planet...It could be Mercury or Venus, but as I said, I would have to check.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by swan001
reply to post by ngchunter

Not cosmic ray. You can't see rays on their side. They got to hit the camera in front to be visible, and when that happens, you get a circular pixel alteration. Wrong trajectory, see?

edit on 14-5-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

Cosmic rays are energetic. They are not necessarily absorbed immediately by the CCD elements in these cameras and so can produce a track across the CCD surface.

If the cosmic ray source struck at 90 degrees to the CCD, then I'd expect a dot. If it were moving across the CCD surface, then I'd expect a short line.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

The planet is Jupiter but that's not what the OP is talking about.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
I just posted a similar thread (From my own observations) about sunspots with a few links to the size of such a thing.

If anyone is interested www.abovetopsecret.com...

Never garners as much attention as space ships but if you could comprehend the scale involved you would not think those are ships...

But hey reality often never trumps fantasy here these days.
edit on 14-5-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

I don't understand how size has anything to do with the issue. Have you anyway of knowing how large certain alien species may be or how many of their kind they travel with? Do they build hives like a bee or do they have technologies that make size unimportant in the building of craft. Unless you know all the alien species that exist how can you set limits on their ship size.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
The thing that ticks me off..is the fact that people who have no clue as to what they are looking at because of their lack of education, making stupid threads claiming alien spacecraft around or coming out of the sun on SOHO images. When it always has other mundane explanations and it takes people like Phage or other people who are more qualified to answer what it was.

When confronted with the real answer (with data to back it up) the OP's of these threads deny it and never offer their own data to refute.

People if you have no idea what you are looking find out first before making stupid threads...

Why would it "tick you off"?
Why did you read it?
Why not go over to the educated guys threads as you judge fit?
Why not leave all of us dummies to read the dummy threads with no explanation from you bright leading lights.
Some people in the know give their interesting opinions and insights WITHOUT telling others not to make their threads or to "move along" my favorite!
edit on 14-5-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Well, it looks like those Chinese are everywhere!!!!!

TextCHINESE SPACE STATION TRANSITS THE SUN: Solar photographers have grown accustomed to winged spaceships flying in front of the sun. For years, silhouettes of space shuttles and the International Space Station have flitted across the solar disk, producing photo-ops of rare beauty. Now China's space station, the Tiangong-1 ("Heavenly Palace 1"), is joining the show. On May 11th, perhaps for the first time, Thierry Legault of Paris, France, caught the newcomer transiting the sun

spaceweather.com...

I won't de flag you as I still enjoyed the thread.

edit on 14-5-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

Oh and ---- It looks like you don't have all the answers after all Phage - TUT TUT and I had such faith in you lol
edit on 14-5-2012 by quedup because: additional

There also could be some large solar sail testing going on at times, they are large. There are many possible designs being worked on...keep an open mind.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Sorry, I just find it amazing that people can believe that space ships can be cruising around and near the sun.

It really is jaw dropping to think that intelligent people can actually believe this.

Seriously?

Yawl gotta be kidding right?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
Sorry, I just find it amazing that people can believe that space ships can be cruising around and near the sun.

It really is jaw dropping to think that intelligent people can actually believe this.

Seriously?

Yawl gotta be kidding right?

Glad all the mysteries of space and other possible life forms their abilities and all that is or can be is known by you. You gotta be kidding right?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Nah, I am not kidding, just making an observation and giving my opinion.

Speculation can be fun... so you just never know. eh.

There is a tiny minority of people in the world who really do believe that space ships graze the sun.

Best of luck to those!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Is there any way to determine the distance of the object from the Sun. I am one of "Those" people who are interested in the subject, but currently not an astrophysicist; only a Master Gardener.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tallblondealien

They are not objects.
They are the result of cosmic rays striking the sensors on the instruments.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
We both have different opinions about this.
I still say they are objects.

edit on 14-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I would say that the opinions of those who built and use the instruments trump yours.

edit on 5/14/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Woot Woot!

I made top headline!!!!!!!

Stop the presses!!!!!

edit on 14-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Thinking back to all the times I've seen compelling videos like this. And all the times I've heard its all cosmic rays. These are obviously indications of SOMETHING other than THE SUN. I think back to those old NASA films with the UFOs flying in different directions and velocity. And every step of the way there's someone calling it a cosmic ray. How can something that some people say is an asteroid be a cosmic ray? Looks like MATTER to me in those images.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

And all the times I've heard its all cosmic rays.

Not exactly cosmic rays. Cosmic rays cannot be seen. It is the result of cosmic rays striking the sensors of the cameras.

I think back to those old NASA films with the UFOs flying in different directions and velocity. And every step of the way there's someone calling it a cosmic ray.

If you're talking about things like the tether video I don't recall cosmic rays ever being mentioned.

How can something that some people say is an asteroid be a cosmic ray?

Very rarely asteroids are seen but only the very brightest ones. They also appear in more than a single frame.

But mostly some people are wrong because some people do not understand how the instruments work.

Looks like MATTER to me in those images.

Looks like pixels of varying brightness to me.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Did you just say PIXELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay I was just about to agree with you but as soon as you mentioned PIXELS, and that the object is just a bunch of PIXELS, you made me actually fall out of my chair. How can anyone ever take you seriously now? That is an object, that is not PIXELS......

edit on 15-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Do you know what a pixel is?
You are looking at pixels right now. Cosmic rays affect pixels just like light does. Your "object" is pixels which have been hit by a cosmic ray.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

You just lost all credibility with me.

Pixels:

Object: Is there with some with pixels... I will admit.. Like on the legs of the object but not in the middle of it. The pixels clearly define the image
in thumbs view. Please say you are joking......Take that back.... Take it back now..........

edit on 15-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join