Media- TV shows for Fall, Revolution, Lights out

page: 1

join

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Wasn't sure where this should go, so I put it here.
This looks like a very interesting show for the fall that folks here would probably enjoy.

www.nbc.com...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Given that this series is being produced by NBC, I have no doubt that this is unfortunately going to be nothing more than more left-wing propaganda. Witness the fact that they have already made the militias the villains:

And a young woman’s life is dramatically changed when a local militia arrives and kills her father, who mysteriously – and unbeknownst to her – had something to do with the blackout. This brutal encounter sets her and two unlikely companions off on a daring coming-of-age journey to find answers about the past in the hopes of reclaiming the future.

www.washingtonpost.com...
I do believe that it is an interesting series concept, but I am concerned about the subliminal message in it. TV has become a major factor in the shaping of the average person's views.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
looks like a jericho clone.
me thinks someone is cashing in on the word revolution..since its getting quite of few hits on the internet lately, this will be the first thing that pops up in search. the show isnt anything original

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus

Given that this series is being produced by NBC, I have no doubt that this is unfortunately going to be nothing more than more left-wing propaganda. Witness the fact that they have already made the militias the villains:

Even better!!! A great show without all the conservative subliminal BS!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
looks like a jericho clone.
me thinks someone is cashing in on the word revolution..since its getting quite of few hits on the internet lately, this will be the first thing that pops up in search. the show isnt anything original

I'm still planning to watch it and hopefully enjoy it, sorry you won't be joining in the entertainment.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
So what is it
that causes the power
grid to go down...globally?

EMP... from what & where?

the part where the airliners are
dropping like rocks .... unsettling

wonder why they titled it "Revolution" and not "Black Out"?
I do like the use of the power symbol in the title though .....

whoa .... wait a minute
just saw a clip where its a hang able offense
to own a gun in the new brown out society .

whats the agenda here
edit on 5/14/2012 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by spoonbender
So what is it
that causes the power
grid to go down...globally?

EMP... from what & where?

No idea! Really looking forward to how it unfolds though. It should be entertaining and mentally stimulating, even though it is fiction

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Just saw the producer is JJ Abrams, I like his work

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

and unlikely as long as there are still pilots in it, they will try a manual emergency landing and at least glide, not fall like stones...

Looks like a decent part of the series plays later : "15 years after the blackout, they will light the way"

The series seems to be interesting, no matter if the makers are just jumping on the 2012 train or are conditioning us for something.

Any full scale, long term power loss will lead to a revolution and radical change of our priorities + general thinking. Sounds scary, but somehow I like the idea even if my PC won't boot anymore from that day on.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
just a few other things
I noticed ...

The Crossbow ...
where the bow part seems
to be facing the person
firing it .... how does that work??

also the sword play ...
I don't think we had problems
making some types of ammo before electricity

why would that be a problem now

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

just a few other things
I noticed ...

The Crossbow ...
where the bow part seems
to be facing the person
firing it .... how does that work??

also the sword play ...
I don't think we had problems
making some types of ammo before electricity

why would that be a problem now

I'm sure they'll come up with some crazy, unfeasible reason for it, but it'll still be an entertaining diversion from reality until it's cancelled

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Just watched the snip-it of Revolution contained in your link. Looks like it's at least worthwhile to checkout an episode.

I especially like the part showing the map of Michigan for personal reasons. What I call "back home" appears off in the left... Lapeer County.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool

Just watched the snip-it of Revolution contained in your link. Looks like it's at least worthwhile to checkout an episode.

I especially like the part showing the map of Michigan for personal reasons. What I call "back home" appears off in the left... Lapeer County.

Cool! I'm in the foothills of Eastern Kentucky (Morehead, Go Eagles! LOL), if the power goes out here, we'll just think it's an average day until it doesn't come back on after a few days

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Just use some home whiskey for lamp oil.

edit on 15-5-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Breaking my cherry here with my 1st post.

Anyways Ive seen the trailer a couple times now
I think I picked up a hint while the guy was on the phone - sounds like he said they are going to shut it down.

Also very briefly you see the Icon or what looks like a virus downloading..then click.

It does remind me of Jericho..with more funding tho.

Seems all the survival doom shows last a season or two so we will see.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by gz007
Breaking my cherry here with my 1st post.

Anyways Ive seen the trailer a couple times now
I think I picked up a hint while the guy was on the phone - sounds like he said they are going to shut it down.

Also very briefly you see the Icon or what looks like a virus downloading..then click.

It does remind me of Jericho..with more funding tho.

Seems all the survival doom shows last a season or two so we will see.

Welcome! gave you your first star! It'll make sense in no time

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Thanks..
Just watched this clip
www.youtube.com...

I doubt now its a virus as the cars shutdown which I forgot to mention.
Down to solar flare or EMP now ?

Planes have a slight bug with them falling out of the sky...IF they had lack of power why are the wings lit ?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I've looked at some of the spoilers, but none of them tell exactly "how" the loss of electricity happens. I'm interested to see what they come up with since it should be reasonable to reproduce the electronics, batteries, power supplies and all. Should be interesting.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I just watched it. I really liked it. But I heard they cancelled it. It's really too bad. I would totally watch it. Are they really cancelling it??? Does anyone know for sure?

Do they still play 1 season of it or was it just the one show and that was it???

edit on 20-9-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

join