It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Speech You Will Ever Hear

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Gary Yourofsky's entire inspirational speech on animal rights and veganism held at Georgia Tech in summer of 2010. Listen to this amazing speaker who will blow away the myths, fill your mind with interesting facts, and help you make ethical choices for a healthy heart and soul. His charismatic and straightforward style is one of a kind - a must-see for anyone who cares about nonhuman animals or wishes to make the world a better place.

veganism, save yourself and the planet at the same time

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
And that's exactly the reason why Vegans and Vegetarians will always be the target of jokes and be ridiculed. Instead of letting everyone live like they want and accept others as they themself want to be accepted, they spread their stupid propaganda, annoy everyone to death and in the end accomplish absolutely nothing.

We humans aren't vegetarians or vegans.
What's so difficult about it? I mean it's not like i go up to some gras eater and shove a hamburger in his face. But they come to me telling me that meat is murder and blablabla.
If they want to life different, so be it...but stop annoying us normal people with your vegan crap

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
i would watch the big video but i got some bacon frying and it smells delicious.
i will always eat meat and i recomend to the rest of the human race to also eat meat.
if not for all the good nutrients then do it for the taste.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by cornucopia
veganism, save yourself and the planet at the same time

You want us to watch a video that is one hour ten minutes in length.
And yet you yourself can only find the time to write one single line.

Yeah, I'll take your point of view and say "cant be bothered".

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

The majority of America is addicted to cooked food, in particular meat. Though they will say,"It just tastes good!"

Only people who understand its an addiction will appreciate this while the rest will mock and make jokes while they kill themselves with meat.

And the people who do the mocking are brain washed by the ridiculous "food pyramid" and give meat two thumbs up. They also lack the willpower to stop eating meats and improve their health. Weak minded and weak willed people, let the vegan bashing begin...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cataka
Weak minded and weak willed people, let the vegan bashing begin...

I would say that changing your lifestyle because you heard so much propaganda from Peta and others that you broke down and followed them is weak minded. It's like all the sheeples we make fun of, believing what they hear on Fox News.

It certainly isn't weak minded to follow your nature, to live and eat how you are supposed to. How it is natural.

Again: I don't have a problem with Vegetarians/Vegans, let them live and eat whatever they want. Sadly, they have a problem with me and desperately try to change my way of live. And that's sad.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Thay guy's shaved head reminds me of a hotdog, not the best speaker in my opinion. All he did was make me hungry and i'm thinking hotdogs thanks to this guy. I sure am glad it's grilling season.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Yo. I could not watch the video (dial-up, see?) but I am vegan when I can.
Meat is really bad. I know, I am in nutrition. Full of saturated fat which clogs up you arteries, and that can lead to an artery broken by blood over-pressure. If this happens in the brain well you can get paralyzed or death, the same if the artery breaks near the heart.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

cruelty to animals is sick and wrong
killing them for food/clothing/medicine/etc is not
simples

those that claim to fight for rights for animals
package their rap [spiel for the older crowd] as "elevating our animal friends to our level"
what they are really seeking is a secular version of what xtianity
[in particular the RCC] did in elevating a particular man to godhood

reduce the human race to a level below that of an animal

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

What?
I must confess I do not understand a word of your post, as it follow complex and unpredictable syntax structure.
Signed, Sherlock Holmes.

I agree that killing animals is sick...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
vegans/vegetarians say they eat vegetables and the like because they can't stand the thought of killing anything. Sure that's all fine and well but you are indeed killing something, a plant, which also has feelings. There was a topic about this posted here some time ago about how plants can feel pain. It is no different than killing an animal. If you are to kill an animal for food you are to do it humanly as possible. Hunters are taught in my area to go for the kill spots on the animal and to not shoot unless they are sure it will be put down as soon as it is hit.

Also if it were not for hunters/meat eaters the world would be overrun/overpopulated by animals. So much so that you would not be able to drive down the road.
edit on 5/14/2012 by Irish614 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

They say a guy in China (the thread was around here weeks ago) lived to around 200 years (1700 to 1900) eating nothing but herbs. No meat.
Plants may have feeling, but they are the next best thing to eat before we can mutate and feed on light...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Why do people like this try to "fix" meat eaters or think I can change my mind about being a meat eater?

They don't understand that being a meat eater isn't a choice. I didn't decide one day I wanted to be a meat eater. I was born this way. I've always been attracted to meat and other meat eaters.

Why do they want to condemn and ridicule me for being the way I am?. Why can't they just accept me for who I am and let me live my life? Fortunately for me, I have a very loving family that has been very supportive of me as a meat eater.

Stop trying to change me. I can't change. This is who I am and who I will always be.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

That is just hearsay, back then the births weren't documented properly so it is not possible to document his true year of birth.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
And that's exactly the reason why Vegans and Vegetarians will always be the target of jokes and be ridiculed. Instead of letting everyone live like they want and accept others as they themself want to be accepted, they spread their stupid propaganda, annoy everyone to death and in the end accomplish absolutely nothing.

We humans aren't vegetarians or vegans.
What's so difficult about it? I mean it's not like i go up to some gras eater and shove a hamburger in his face. But they come to me telling me that meat is murder and blablabla.
If they want to life different, so be it...but stop annoying us normal people with your vegan crap

if you care about having world peace then you have to be vegan...

do you let the mass murderer continue to murder people?

Humans are vegans, that is what Humans are designed to be...Hu-mane beings.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

I know... but imagine IF it's true. The implications would be staggering.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Indeed it would. I just watched "In Time" a couple nights ago and it was surprisingly very good. Justin Timberlake plays the main character. It's based on when you turn 25 years old your "life clock" starts ticking. Typically you only live one more year after 25. Instead of money, life is the new currency. What would you do? Would you want to live forever? Here's the video.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Wow! Thanks for that bestest speech ever! I guess I'm excused from having to hear effing speeches ever again!

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tadeusz

lol, thanks sarcastic bastard!

hugs

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

if you care about having world peace then you have to be vegan...

No...why? What does Peace between us humans have to do with it?

do you let the mass murderer continue to murder people?

It is not murder. Murder is killing somebody for low/stupid reasons.
What happens in the food industry is that those animals get specifically produced to being used as food and other helpful things. Without the food industry those animals wouldn't even exist to begin with and it's not different to growing crops, planting trees to later use the wood or planting vegetable in masses to use them as food. We produce it to use it and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. In fact it's a weird double-standard those vegetarians/vegans have when they say things like "Oh, i don't eat meat but i eat fish" or "Nooooo, meat is murder...but i eat all those plants" (where we by now know that plants are also living organisms, so where's the "eating vegetables is holocaust on your plate" propaganda?)
In the end it's because animals are "cute". You can see that everywhere. Kill a dog and people will cry, because he's cute. Kill a spider, nobody gives a # about because most people are afraid of spiders and they're 'ugly' to them. That was nicely shown in that one Simpsons episode where Lisa becomes a vegetarian because the piece of meat let her imagine being that cute little sheep she saw earlier. And that's the only reason why people become vegetarian/vegas, they get blasted with propaganda and succumb to this thinking "oooh, cute animals, we can't kill them".

I also don't understand what human rights have to do with animals. Can you see the difference between Human and Animal? Why should Animals have the same rights as we have? They aren't human and they also don't follow "Human rights". After all, if a hungry Lion see's you he wouldn't think twice about eating you.

IF you want to be all goody and "humane", you basically have to stop using anything, as killing plants isn't that 'humane' either if we have to follow your weird way of thinking. But that ultimately will only lead to your death so it isn't good either.

Humans are vegans, that is what Humans are designed to be...Hu-mane beings.

You know that this is bull#.
Humans are Omnivores, it's a proven fact that we are one of the few species that can eat basically anything.
If Humans are Vegetarians, then why do we eat meat? And no, it's not because we're all 'sheeple' following the bad illuminati influence becaus you'll never EVER see plant eating animals suddenly starting to eat meat, not even if they're on the verge of dying because there are no plants around to eat would they suddenly change. Same goes for the other direction. Ever seen a Lion suddenly craving some lettuce or apples? I haven't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join