It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Planes Are Almost Defensless From Chinese Suprise Missile Attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
On this forum and all over the net, most of China's missile forces are known by the famous, although untested, carrier killer DF-21D. China though has many missiles at its command that could do major damage to US or allied forces if a conflict occurred. One scary note, almost all US Air Bases have very little protection from a Chinese missile attack:

"The problem is, there are hardly any shelters at all at most bases in the Asia-Pacific. Kadena Air Base, for example, has a grand total of 15 shelters, enough for at most 30 fighter aircraft if you squeeze two into each. Marine Corps Air Station Futenma, also on Okinawa, has no aircraft shelters. There are also no shelters at MCAS Iwakuni and Yokota Air Base on Honshu, or Andersen Air Force Base."

the-diplomat.com...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
This info has been posted before, and as its untested its only what the missile is supposed to do. Also I think it was mentioned the British have ship that can counter those missiles

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MrStyx

i think that may be the HMS dauntless or HMS daring.
not sure really but they have been in the news fairly recently and they both are the most advanced or powerful in the royal navy.
lots of shiney radars and anti ballistic missile systems.
edit on 14/5/2012 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Im sure you could look at China's military, and find alot of defenseless opportunities for another nation to do great damage to China, Only one carrier, a huge military personal, but only as effective as where you can put them, re-supply them, etc.... I look at chinas military as great, but with many many bottle necks, of congestion in logistics and other things not taken into account, Ya they have a good missle, Im sure the (US) have counter measures for, but why would you tell an opponent what you have to counter that new missle tech.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
If i had to wager a bet i would still put my money on the USA for atleast another decade. As for the un protected bases the U.S. is currently in the process of spreading the bases out as we speak. The new base in Australia is just one of many that will form a circle around China. Spreading military assets around is the best defense agianst missle attacks.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I think most americans just dont want to believe that theres another nation on this planet that can actually counter their military, and destroy the US if they wish - but its the grim reality - there is.

But this is just history repeating itself... the romans thought the same, for instance, and so did the germans - talking about the germans, actually this is the perfect example - they underestimated the russians for instance - outdated, etc, exactly what the US does with everyone on the planet.

But if china really wants to, they're even the only nation in the world capable of invading the US and actually succeed if done right - and this is china alone, I'm not even talking about a Russian/ China coalition where the power combined would pretty much take over the world.

The world is not prepared, doesnt matter how prepared we think we are, we're not - we've already forgotten history - if they want to, they can.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Outofcontrol

Why should China decide to invade the US? They are getting wealthier the minute by just playing along. No need to invade.

In my opinion, the next big (like, REALLY BIG) problem will be something like a virus or a disease spreading unusually fast. That would bring every state in the world to its knees.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Really don't need much defense when everyone knows it would be suicidal to attack us. It would be one great disaster or one miraculous win on they're part if they attack us. Hopfully it'll never come to that.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I'm awfully glad to see I'm not the only one who doesn't view America and all things American as having some divine protection from God himself. I keep trying to ring the bell of caution on this, but it's hopeless. My own friends in real life are as bad. America is, to TOO many people, invincible and always will be. China is a backward, agrarian and generally uneducated country....so the thinking seems to go. People have been sleeping the last 15 years as all that has radically changed, apparently.

Thanks for saying the same things! I was on my way down to post something very similar when I found yours. The OP has a great point here.....but it'll fall on deaf ears until or unless Missiles DO fall all over an Airbase and we lose a few dozen multi-million dollar planes in a matter of moments.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by travis911

The Chinese are developing teleportation too... When they have that mastered it will be a while different ball game...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by travis911

The Chinese are developing teleportation too... When they have that mastered it will be a while different ball game...

Real, practical teleportation is still decades or more away.

So far all that has been teleported i believe is a single electron. Miles away from where it needs to be for any practical military purposes. I doubt we will see a Chinese army teleported to North America any time soon.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManFromEurope

Why should China decide to invade the US? They are getting wealthier the minute by just playing along. No need to invade.

In my opinion, the next big (like, REALLY BIG) problem will be something like a virus or a disease spreading unusually fast. That would bring every state in the world to its knees.

mate, I didnt say they would invade the US, I said they have the capability - which most americans dont recognize as a real threat.

I dont see any reason for them to invade the US, since the US is almost theirs by definition, but... lets say you actually want to drive that car you bought, huh?

Like mr bunny there, ppl must be aware that shouldnt rely on words like "unbeatable" or "unsinkable" since history told us already many times about how ironically it finds a way to treat those words.

Plus the US arent ready, logistically nor psychologically to face a "great war" - I honestly think that if the US ever faces an opponent like china, at first they will unite, but at the signs of loss, people will revolt, will close themselves into "against war" communities and the US faces the possibility of having the country shattered into "smaller independent countries" (unions of states, like the southern ones who can live on their own without dc's bs) and a strong anti-war sentiment, right now considering how things already are, will divide the country.

So I'm not seeing the US entering any major conflict that involves a huge death toll...

On the other hand, if you take a look and the mentality of those countries that can invade the US either alone or by coalition, its very different. The chinese can die by the millions on a war effort, the russian its either "shoot or I'll shoot you myself so keep pushing forward no matter the losses", Iran can take care of all that proxy area - the US has a strong military presence in the middle east, but nothing china cant take on a single sweep and let iran police the rest of the "leftovers" (after israel's been dealt with - Israel tho is a wild card, it can by itself set a non-conventional war, by using its nuclear capability which in return will be completely obliterated by Russia / China coalition - it will simply disappear from the known world for noone allows the use of nuclear weapons and no attack with that kind of weapon will pass unpunished). Now Russia can challenge europe. It poses no threat to europe, on a conventional scenario tho. Europe can hold against russia, BUT, again the mentality is very different. At the sign of massive losses, Europe is an old world, plagued by a thousand years of war - it cant take it anymore, they're tired of it... the last europe had was 2 great wars in a 50 year period affecting every single country, noones willing to go through that again - and europe will shatter as a "union".

You have no one that can face the "red tide"... No one. If that "red tide" decides to spring into action by military means, they will have no opponent. The US is spread all over the middle east - you really think if all their troops were decimated in a week by chinese or russian intervention, that you could defend your own territory? well... you would at first, until every single american starts to see bodies on the street and says "no". You see, China, Russia, Iran, and even NK (which ppl so dumbly make fun of) will be a very useful asset - they have one of the biggest armies on earth with about 1 million active and 8 MILLION (yes EIGHT) on reserve ready on a snap of fingers. It is a most valuable asset - then you say "oh but they dont even have food" and crap like that... well if something like this happens, rest assure that China will sponsor NK with everything they need to keep their army "healthy" - and we know how they are when motivated - the will and mentality of orientals mixed with german-ss-like fierce (we're talking about fighting to the last man here, with 9 million men)

And on the middle of all of this, we got the arabs. Well the arabs might decide to make a move on southern europe cause you know, old grudges dont fade. I dont think they'd use military means, but rather a "passive" ocupation of southern europe to compensate for the "reconquista" that portugal and spain did to them, driving them off the mediterranean on to africa.

This is just a very ugly game of chess to the US and they know that a war with Iran or a stupid israeli surprise attack on iran can be trigger to all of this and thats why it didnt happen yet. The us is holding israel like you hold a rabid dog by the leash while hes crazy to go bite something - the us is trying really hard to stop israel from starting a war that even the US sees as unwinnable.

The world is getting really hot, really fast... this is the real "global warming". And I'm just talking about major players.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Real, practical teleportation is still decades or more away. So far all that has been teleported i believe is a single electron. Miles away from where it needs to be for any practical military purposes. I doubt we will see a Chinese army teleported to North America any time soon.

I know we will not be teleporting anything big for a while yet. I was just using it to illustrate the point that China is now overtaking the west in technology development..

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
People are vastly underestimating the technology and power of the U.S. military machine.
What China has as "cutting edge" tech, the U.S. had 20 years ago.
Hell, We had the Stealth bomber and Fighter in the 50's.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
And people are vastly under estimating china also
Their technological advancements have at the least brought them to par with the US with regards to the US's technological direction ( china itself has been technologically advancing down another path )

However the Chinese approach to the conflict is massively different to that of the US which is most noticeable in their respected navy's
Which those of you of a strategic and tactical mind will notice and see how the naval scenario fits into the overall battle plan and course of action

Yes the US has had stealth teck for a few decades but only now are they fielding gen 5 and they are having something of a major problem ( like letting the pilot breath )
China has also announced its gen 5 aircraft and will be in use next year or the year after
Not that far behind ........in another countries tech
What you need to atleast consider is the secrecy and control maintained by china, where we in the west have used our rights to gain information or have it trickle fed to us
China isn't like that AT ALL
you can't sit in a chair a mile from run way with a pair of binos waiting for the latest toy to take off like you can In the US ( for the most part lol )

Any way I must shoot but what I'm trying to say is we don't know enough about the Chinese
And the battles you all envisage would be a close call

But as I've said before what makes you think it already hasn't begun
It's just being fought differently

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Im pretty sure the US has its bases protected like no other. And we would be able to detect a missile launch in china, as soon as it happened, giving us the ability to mobilize and neutralize said missiles. In any case, im pretty sure a good portion of the airforce would be airborne headed for china in such an event anyways, who cares if they take out a few measly bases? Things like that happen during war.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
not to informed on chinese missiles so i apologize if this is a well known thing but its called a anti ship BALLISTIC missile implying that on radar it would look and appear as if china has launched a possible icbm? is that not the same problem we are running into with our new hypersonic missile that is supposed to be able to strike any where on the globe but with non nuclear war heads but the problem again being russia and china might mistake it for a icbm launch so we would have to inform them beforehand and then they would have to trust us that it isnt an icbm? so i may be wrong here but would not launching what looks like a nuke in a tense situation possibly have far worse outcomes then launching say a standard anti ship missile? the-diplomat.com... relevent link that i think says what i was trying to say but much better
edit on 14-5-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
US Is having trouble with Afghanistan and you expect us to engage china, ROFLMAO..

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
US Is having trouble with Afghanistan and you expect us to engage china, ROFLMAO..

and thats ASYMMETRIC warfare.. conventional warfare against China with their huge population would be a stalemate until they started to weaken our forces simply due to sheer numbers. we'd have to bring out the big bombs...thats the real reason nothing has happened yet. deterrent effective. or else they would have had attempted a beach landing by now.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
I know we will not be teleporting anything big for a while yet. I was just using it to illustrate the point that China is now overtaking the west in technology development..

Not wishing to put you under undue pressure, but can you think of any real technologies and sciences where the Chinese have a lead on the West? No, thought not. Plus, if you had an inkling of some of the science and theory behind teleportation you would soon realise that the world is nothing like Star Trek.

To OP. There is a danger that people “big” China up based on what is a good PR machine. In actuality Chinese military technology is untried and untested. Everyone thought Soviet/Russian kit was good, yet every time it has had the misfortune to meet Western kit it has been found wanting.

In the pissing contest that is the arms race, I think the best bet is to be on the side of the nations who have demonstrated capabilities and a doctrine that works.

The current Chinese military machine is more about internal repression than anything else. Why else have such a gigantic standing army and police service? The last time Chinese tanks were used in anger was when they used them to flatten (literally) students in Tiananmen Square and APCs used to scatter monks in Tibet.

Regards

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join