It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney targeted by Obama on Economics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The transition to the general election has begun, this video sort of tells us one of the lines of attacks Obama will hit Romney with. And with the middle class hurting the way they are in America, I see this type of thing being devastating to Romney.

To any Romney supporters left on ATS, you must understand Romney can not beat Obama with his flip flopping baggage, and his baggage during his tenure at Bain capitol. Is this Obama propaganda, for sure, but there is a measure of truth to be seen here, and even if only 50% of it is true. Capitalism that acts like a vampire led by Romney, is not appreciated by middle class Americans these days. Millions can relate to the steel workers that even lost benefits even after they retired to pure corporately driven greed.

This is why Obama supporters on ATS want Romney to win the GOP nomination, it's an easy win for them at the general, and they know that isn't true if some how the GOP puts up Ron Paul.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Obama has already waged war against the middle class. If he is allowed another four years, there will be no middle class and simply low income/ government subsidized and the extremely wealthy.
At one of his recent (and many) fundraisers, the ticket price to attend the dinner was $40,000! Yep, that's in touch with the middle class!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Sorry,but I have to disagree. I am not a Romney fan,and definitely not an Obama fan,but I don't think you understand the Polarization,Obama and his ilk have done. Most importantly,the average citizen isn't discussing Ron Paul,because the media has their own dogs in this race,Obama and Romney. People are going to vote for Romney.Enough people to make sure Obama doesn't get a second term. I feel for Ron Paul though,and all those who have tried to get him in the White House.

Claims: The President’s “auto rescue” “saved 1.1 million jobs.”

Reality: Attempting to call rebrand the auto bailout as an auto rescue is a disigenous attempt to sidestep the possibility that few to no jobs would have been lost had the government let the free market regulate itself. The incredibly long video also fails to mention bailouts of GM, Chrysler and other companies cost US taxpayers $23.6 billion.

Claim: 4.1 new private sector jobs have been created under Obama.

Reality: That number is referring to the number of of new private sector jobs created since February 2010. A closer look at the jobs numbers since Obama took office shows that even with the 4.1 million private sector jobs that private businesses created in the last two years, private businesses would need to create an additional 5.2 million jobs to go backward to the total number of jobs on the market in January 2008 before Obama was elected.

Claim: Obama took on the Wall Street banks “fighting for tough new reforms to make sure they never again wreck our economy.”

Reality: This attempt by the Obama campaign to pander to supporters of Occupy Wall Street is referring to the 2010 Dodd-Frank bill, which accomplished neither of the Obama’s videos claims. In fact, the “Great Wallstreet Cashout” as coined by The Washington Examiner’s Tim Carney only helped “the government officials who wrote and implemented the law before cashing out as lobbyists or consultants for Wall Street, hedge funds and big banks.

Obama “Forward” video mischaracterizes Obama’s first three years in office

Just a glimpse of whats to come for Obama.

Not to mention NDAA,Fast and Furious,etc.....................

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I do not think Romney can beat Obama, and I do not think he is meant to, but that's just me.

That being said, Economics will be a place Obama can attack him. All the "experts" who have looked at Romney's very non specific plan that lacks any details have all come to the same conclusion.... it will increase the US's debt.

It makes me laugh how people talk about Ron Paul cutting out Government Agencies and how it would put people out of work. Guess what? Romney wants to do the same thing..sort of. He wants to cut back on Government workforce cost (ie; put you out of work or have you take less money) to the tune of saving 530 billion.. and even saving that much money the interest cost on our debt will still increase by 40 billion under Romney.

CNN Money- 3 of 4 GOP Candidates would add to deficits.

top topics

join