It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The waterfall effect of the Ron Paul train... what the status quo is actually trying to fight.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
One of the last lines of defense in people who have come to like Ron Paul but preventing them from being hopeful or willing to vote for him, is the fear that "even if he does win, he'll be the biggest lame duck ever because he'll be all alone and nobody in congress will support him."

This is something we have been convinced of very subtly, but it's not looking at the truth of the movement. If Ron Paul doesn't get the Republican Nomination... those votes are not going to Romney. They also are not going to any other politicians like Romney or Obama. The sort of people who will vote for Ron Paul in November are the sort who are also actively looking for other candidates in their voting area that support the same principles.

In my local area I've seen significant boosts to candidate visibility once they were shown to be following the same path as Ron Paul. This is a shift in voting and involvement in government from within... not just a change of the figure head.

This is why the people who's entire existence depends on the current system operating the way it does are so adamant to convince people it's hopeless. The only media tactics that can remain are to convince people that "well even if this one guy does well, nobody else will support him"... which is turning a knowing blind eye to the truth that many will be voted in who not only support Ron Paul, but have stood up for the same principles themselves on their own.

It's always been true that a calm informed movement can peacefully and swiftly overturn a corrupt system. The system itself tries to turn it into a fight and make it a "violent" revolution as one last shot. We are connected and aware enough to not let it happen this time and have the means to do it.

Namaste.

Those are largely kids, going more than largely nuts, over a 76 year old dude... talking about reigning in The Fed...

edit on 2012/5/14 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Its either Ron Paul or Obama. The 'republicans' who support romney would rather vote for Obama and ensure their corrupt practices to keep corporate and Zionist interests first. The only way to get a republican in office would be to vote Ron Paul. The Ron Paul people will not support Romney that is a fact for sure. If you want R in office, vote for RP. RP will take his voters with him, if he does not get the nomination. It is looking like Obamas second term.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

I'm willing to write Ron Paul in if I have too and so should all of you. If we stick together we can win! Donate to his campain so we can keep the dream going!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Its either Ron Paul or Obama. The 'republicans' who support romney would rather vote for Obama and ensure their corrupt practices to keep corporate and Zionist interests first. The only way to get a republican in office would be to vote Ron Paul. The Ron Paul people will not support Romney that is a fact for sure. If you want R in office, vote for RP. RP will take his voters with him, if he does not get the nomination. It is looking like Obamas second term.

I disagree. Actually, I think if RP doesn't win it's looking a lot like the country will just shut down until the questions of election fraud are answered in a reasonable manner. Not that I'm advocating it...I'm just calling it the way I see it. Martial Law is real easy to roll out in the cities, where the population is densely packed and their movements can be easily controlled with a minimum of manpower. However, if RP loses after all of this election fraud, media bias, etc, I personally think the country-folk are going to join up with the city-folk in the Occupy Protests.

In reality, I think you gotta be blind, deaf, and dumb to think that some people aren't going to be MIGHTY pissed on both sides of the fence on this one. Not so much because Ron Paul will have "lost"...but rather because every single president for the past dozen years has had some pretty serious questions about their legitimacy...then culminating in the most half-assed and blatant subversion of the republic to date.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion
One of the last lines of defense in people who have come to like Ron Paul but preventing them from being hopeful or willing to vote for him, is the fear that "even if he does win, he'll be the biggest lame duck ever because he'll be all alone and nobody in congress will support him."

This is something we have been convinced of very subtly, but it's not looking at the truth of the movement. If Ron Paul doesn't get the Republican Nomination... those votes are not going to Romney. They also are not going to any other politicians like Romney or Obama. The sort of people who will vote for Ron Paul in November are the sort who are also actively looking for other candidates in their voting area that support the same principles.

In my local area I've seen significant boosts to candidate visibility once they were shown to be following the same path as Ron Paul. This is a shift in voting and involvement in government from within... not just a change of the figure head.

This is why the people who's entire existence depends on the current system operating the way it does are so adamant to convince people it's hopeless. The only media tactics that can remain are to convince people that "well even if this one guy does well, nobody else will support him"... which is turning a knowing blind eye to the truth that many will be voted in who not only support Ron Paul, but have stood up for the same principles themselves on their own.

It's always been true that a calm informed movement can peacefully and swiftly overturn a corrupt system. The system itself tries to turn it into a fight and make it a "violent" revolution as one last shot. We are connected and aware enough to not let it happen this time and have the means to do it.

Namaste.

Those are largely kids, going more than largely nuts, over a 76 year old dude... talking about reigning in The Fed...

Really? I haven't heard even one single person state that they think he would be a "lame duck". The office of President has now been imbued with Absolute Power. The President can quite literally do anything they want.

Who the hell is going to have a problem with dismantling concentration camps by Executive Order?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Paul will be considered a lame duck because he would stone wall legislation for limiting your rights, killing and indefinitely detaining you, spying on you, increasing the scope of government...lame excuse to be called a lame duck.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

In my local area I've seen significant boosts to candidate visibility once they were shown to be followiing the same path as Ron Paul. This is a shift in voting and involvement in government from within... not just a change of the figure head.

This is why the people who's entire existence depends on the current system operating the way it does are so

adamant to convince people it's hopeless. The only media tactics that can remain are to convince people that "well even if this one guy does well, nobody else will support him"... which is turning a knowing blind eye to the truth that many will be voted in who not only support Ron Paul, but have stood up for the same principles themselves on their own.

Namaste.

Good post but just a note, a significant amount of Ron Paul supporters will vote for Obama if Paul isn't the republican nominee.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Good post but just a note, a significant amount of Ron Paul supporters will vote for Obama if Paul isn't the republican nominee.

huh? they arent ron paul supporters if they vote for anyone other then him. they will write his name in

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
My wife pointed something out to me,
she reminded me today that we use to act like lobbyists,
give campaign donations.
Then she said Ron Paul woke up,
he was out funds and was unable to buy anymore votes.
That says a lot about our voting process,
she said,
they even admit when they,
run out of money to buy more votes.

new topics

join