It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FACT: Buzz Aldrin claimed moon as a Scottish Rite 'Territory'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Officially known as the Scottish Rite Tranquility Lodge #2000. Thought this was pretty strange, I guess it's pretty crazy I never new that Buzz Aldrin was a member of the Scottish Rite, let alone that he carried a 'SPECIAL DEPUTATION' with him to the moon to establish it as a 'territory' of the Scottish Rite. I think it's pretty arrogant actually, to claim the moon as your territory.

On July 20, 1969, two American Astronauts landed on the moon of the planet Earth, in an area known as Mare Tranquilitatis , or "Sea of Tranquility". One of those brave men was Brother Edwin Eugene (Buzz) Aldrin, Jr., a member of Clear Lake Lodge No. 1417, AF&AM, Seabrook, Texas. Brother Aldrin carried with him SPECIAL DEPUTATION of then Grand Master J. Guy Smith, constituting and appointing Brother Aldrin as Special Deputy of the Grand Master, granting unto him full power in the premises to represent the Grand Master as such and authorize him to claim Masonic Territorial Jurisdiction for The Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Texas, Ancient Free and Accepted Masons, on The Moon, and directed that he make due return of his acts. Brother Aldrin certified that the SPECIAL DEPUTATION was carried by him to the Moon on July 20, 1969.

SOURCE

Anyone else heard of this, or would like to share your thoughts? I did a search but couldn't find any threads about it yet.

According to the site, they would like to hold future meetings on the moon as well lol.

Tranquility Lodge 2000 is based in Texas under auspices of The Grand Lodge of Texas until such time as the Lodge may hold its meetings on the Moon. Our meetings are held quarterly at various cities in Texas, with the annual meeting being held in Waco each July.

edit on 14/5/12 by emptyOmind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by emptyOmind

Anyone can do it. Here goes: I (with my hand on a publicly exhibited moon rock) claim the moon for Greenland, and may it forever be known as a territory of this great country from this time until whenever the last clock winds down. Iggidy boggidy boo. Done.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

yeah exactly the same except you're not one of the first men on the moon, nor have you been to the moon at all for that matter.

its not so much that anybody can do it man, its who did do it and where he did it.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
It;s something that most people never heard of. It means a great deal to masons as we are very proud of our members who have done great things. (even the ones you've never heard of) I don't see it as arrogant at all. After all, he did step on the moon, and he knows first hand if it's really made of cheese.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by emptyOmind
to the moon to establish it as a 'territory' of the Scottish Rite. I think it's pretty arrogant actually, to claim the moon as your territory.

That, and a few other websites that also speak about it, are a bit vague on the details... but as I read it he didnt actually claim the moon as a territory. What I see is that he appeared to have claimed (on behalf of his Texas lodge) that any masons on the moon are in the jurisdiction of the Texas lodge.

It appears to be that lodges around the world have split up the world into "jurisdictions", so for example Texas falls under the Texas lodge jurisdiction. Nobody in their right mind is however claiming that the Texas masons have claimed the state of Texas as their own land to rule over everyone like kings.

Same with the Moon.

Its just a lodge thing.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by emptyOmind
reply to post by Aleister

yeah exactly the same except you're not one of the first men on the moon, nor have you been to the moon at all for that matter.

its not so much that anybody can do it man, its who did do it and where he did it.

Ah, you do not know that for a fact. As Mrs. Cernan and I were just talking about yesterday, "Gene," she said, "what mysterious and secretive organization did you claim the moon for?" I answered her, but I will not post the answer as that would be breaking my bond with ______________, which I hold near and dear.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Richard Hoagland talks about it in his book Dark Mission. Check out the cover of the book. Not sure if it is a real photo but within the book he does talk about the ritual that Buzz did on the moon.

Dark Mission
edit on 14-5-2012 by Staben because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
That's nothing. I've already claimed the entire Andromeda Galaxy for my Moose Lodge.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
That's nothing. I've already claimed the entire Andromeda Galaxy for my Moose Lodge.

Oh, you are one of "them". I heard that the majority of the moose lodge members have no idea what's going on at the "TOP" of your order. I heard that once you reach the level of Moose Master, you have to swear alligence to Balphamoose, a satanic moose with cloven hooves. (or do they already have those?)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Oh yeah, well I claimed that uninhabited wasteland to the north of us. Fitzy! Get the beer iced.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Buzz posing with the flag returned from the moon.

And the flag itself, in color.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Oh yeah, well I claimed that uninhabited wasteland to the north of us. Fitzy! Get the beer iced.

Sure thing. Think I have some Old Credits handy. I'll just see if I've still got the number of some of John Norton's relations. Bicentennial of Queenston Heights is coming up. I'm sure they'd be happy to scare the NY Militia into place again.

Fitz

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Nobody in their right mind is however claiming that the Texas masons have claimed the state of Texas as their own land to rule over everyone like kings.

Same with the Moon.

Its just a lodge thing.

It's bragging rights. If we want to split hairs, seeing as there hasn't been a proper meeting at the lunar Temple in about 40 years, methinks the warrant may be invalid.

Fitz

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

I always wondered if the picture on the Dark Mission cover was real and if the ones you posted are the original, I would say no. Look at the difference in size on the link to the book upstairs. Not saying it didn't happen, just the book cover flag is a larger one.

Thanks for posting.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

No it happened. Those are real.

I have Dark Mission. I think they blew up the flag so everyone could see that it is clearly a Masonic flag.

I don't know if those pics are the originals but I have seen this flag with my own eyes if that means any thing.

IMO, it was very real, very documented, and very, very cool.

Edit, I forgot to add that i think they blew up the original flag and covered the American flag with it. Sorry.
edit on 14-5-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by timewalker

No it happened. Those are real.

I have Dark Mission. I think they blew up the flag so everyone could see that it is clearly a Masonic flag.

I don't know if those pics are the originals but I have seen this flag with my own eyes if that means any thing.

IMO, it was very real, very documented, and very, very cool.

Edit, I forgot to add that i think they blew up the original flag and covered the American flag with it. Sorry.
edit on 14-5-2012 by W3RLIED2 because: (no reason given)

I had doubts about whether the cover of Hoagland's book was authentic or not. I, too believe it's a fake but wow it's crazy that you guys can confirm this. Does this also explain the "ritual" that he performed? Does this also explain the celestial alignment pattern that Hoagland observed with these missions? I, personally find it extremely creepy because why didn't he just claim it for HUMANITY. One small step for man...one giant-too late the masons got dibs.

So which one of you adepts are gonna try to be the one to go to Cydonia and "claim Mars"?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Oh I totally believe it happened. I have to say, that is the first picture I have seen of the real deal. Just questioned the authenticity of Hoaglands book cover. I have it too, just pulled it off the shelf a few minutes ago and looked at it again. Been a while.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Scottish Rite has Valleys, not Lodges. He claimed the moon for the Grand Lodge of Texas, not the Scottish Rite.

And it's not unusual. For a Freemason to be the second person to walk on the moon is quite exceptional and we're pretty dang proud of that fact.
edit on 5/15/2012 by Rockpuck because: ooooops

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Scottish Rite has Valleys, not Lodges. He claimed the moon for the Grand Lodge of Texas, not the Scottish Rite.

And it's not unusual. For a Freemason to be the second person to walk on the moon is quite exceptional and we're pretty dang proud of that fact.
edit on 5/15/2012 by Rockpuck because: ooooops

Yes but what about the machinations that put him on the moon. If you look at NASA symbolism and the list of astronauts who have been freemasons, it doesn't look good to the "profane".
edit on 15-5-2012 by protocolsoflove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

...And how many Astronauts were white? Christian? Catholic? Republican? Etc etc etc etc...

There were a lot of Masonic astronauts and NASA officials. WTF does that matter for? Unless of course you had a particular feeling of bigotry against Freemasons?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join