Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Morphing object over California - May 11th 2012

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Another vote for Venus. The drift is exactly what you'd expect from a celestial body viewed by a telescope. In this case a non-astronomical scope that warps the image to make it look a bit less round than you'd expect. And it's not very round as seen from the Earth at the moment, anyway.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I saw something similar to this in the sky awhile back I wish I could of kept my camera steady but I was too busy screaming and shouting its a #ing UFO omg! lol

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

...another sigh.

SURE it drifts just like Venus and of course NOTHING else drifts slowly up n a little right in our sky... and you know exactly where Venus is with NOTHING in the background ey? you also happen to know that i mentioned several times that it changes shapes and not to digital distorted shapes but to shapes i personally haven't seen before.

Show me Venus acting at least 30% as the object in the OP's post please. so far I've seen two vids claimed to be "similar" they were as similar as a dingy is to a 747 Boeing.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

It isn't Venus... not with the protrusion and two circular lights evident in a row at one point. I thought it might be the ISS but the shape and time visible seem to rule that out as well.

Perhaps two weather balloons were mating and were hit by an airliner?

Here's a vote for so far unidentified.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by Ahmose
not one single video I've ever taken comes out ANYthing like this.

In what specific way?
Its in the right place, the right time, the right brightness, the "drift" is is correct.
The only variable is the digital compression caused by the users camera zooming past its optical capabilities, out of its focusing abilities, and also into the ""digital zoom" range, and subsequent artifacts.
Maybe your equipment is better, if you do this regularly.

Here's another random example of the kind of non-venus-looking appearance you can get...

edit on 14-5-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

I understand all of that, and I've even made videos of Venus simply to debunk many "UFO" videos posted
(just like the one you posted above), Saying "Look at the diamond shaped UFO!"
I know all the silly things Venus (and other points of light) can do while being filmed..
and I just cannot, in any way say that the OP's video even "might" be Venus.

I just don't see it, not at all.
I'm not really interested in going back through the video and taking screenshots of everything I'd seen that screamed "not venus" to me..
(I mean, I will if I really need to)

But I'll just say that there were many things in the video that did scream "NOT VENUS" to my eyes.

I'd go with some kind of big balloon of some kind before I'd even touch the "it's venus" thing.

I have no problem at all saying when I think a "UFO" is Venus or any other celestial body --or otherwise (as stated above).. But I don't see Venus here, period.
Though I almost wish I did.. as I wouldn't be as clueless as to what Im actually seeing. lol

Sorry mate, I'm sticking with it.. Got to.
Not Venus. lol

edit on 15-5-2012 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

HAHAH Dont even worry i got the perfect chart to find out what we are seeing.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aarcadius
reply to post by Baddogma

HAHAH Dont even worry i got the perfect chart to find out what we are seeing.

Good call, Going by that chart, I'll have to go with 'weather balloon' . lol

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Am I the only one who thought this was rubbish? This video is mad suspect. Nothing to see here.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Aarcadius

Ok, the chart got a chuckle. Too true.

The whole UFO field is so full of bs from all sides that discerning the "real" is a toughie (and I quote "real" 'cause the actual phenom may not be "real" in our definition of the term... who knows).

That said, I had my own few sightings that defied any explanation of known existing tech and then there's my father's sighting in 1952 of two orange lights over the Nevada desert (with cars stopped along the highway watching, too) chasing each other and stopping on a dime and doing zig zag moves that he, as an air force colonel, had no clue as to what they were... my cousin who was chased by an egg shaped ariel vehicle with some "big headed dude with spaghetti arms" in rural Illinoise and caused him to refuse to drive at night to this day 20 years later and on and on...

I've been reading and researching this stuff for 40 some years and feel we are no closer to any truth except what Fort said nearly 100 years ago, that "we are property."

It's still interesting to me, though... damned curiosity.

posted on May, 17 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It's unfortunate that the film quality isnt great here because the person shooting it seems genuinely excited. However especially in the beginning of the video it doesn't really appear that the object it moving but more so that the camera is moving. The morphing effect is interesting. I'm not sure what this thing is without seeing it myself but it definitely seems odd. I have to say while it's interesting I don't see a lot of definite proof of anything here. We need some kind of scale object or something. Objects in the sky by themselves are just too hard to judge.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Looks like we have a stalemate. I am still on the fence but i'm leaning towards Venus still.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma
reply to post by iksose7

It isn't Venus... not with the protrusion and two circular lights evident in a row at one point. I thought it might be the ISS but the shape and time visible seem to rule that out as well.

Perhaps two weather balloons were mating and were hit by an airliner?

Here's a vote for so far unidentified.

All the "shapes" you see in the video are merely artifacts in the camera system from over-magnifying a light using digital zoom.

I say this is probably nothing more than Venus as many others have suggested. Another CRAPPY video that shows nothing at all unusual or notable in any way.

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

...sigh another yes man.

OK ill leave it too then... Venus or not its a roadblock.

but i will add that the effects seen on this camera have yet to be reproduced with even the slightest similarity.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join