It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morphing object over California - May 11th 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
This daytime morphing UFO was captured over Fresno, California and was apparently seen for more than 2 hours. Been a long time since i've seen a shape changer.

The 10 minute video shows the object slowly drifting through the air and as the title of the thread suggests, changing shape. Not anything too dramatic but enough to get my attention. It has been filmed with a fairly decent camera with a photo-lens and a tripod has been used which gives you a nice change from the usual shakey videos.

I'm fairly stumped as to what it could be. Its characteristics throw alot of explanations out the window.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

The best one I've seen! Very strange!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Definitely not of this earth in my view.

S&F

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

Good Find! Appears to be slowly rotating horizontally? Strange indeed! Definately post more of these as you find them! Later, Syx.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

I feel like swatting it whatever it is, maybe a firefly on acid lol..

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
wow that is crazy!
i am impressed with the footage
at first i thought maybe a satellite slowly spinning with the sun glancing on and off the object
but im not too sure, moves to slowly
every sat i have seen goes from one end of the horizon to the other in roughly 3 - 5 mins
but this thing is their for at least 10mins (and looked like it could of been filmed even more if the camera memory hadnt run out) and it seems to be travelling diagonally upwards

great post OP
one to get the mind round

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by iksose7
This daytime morphing UFO was captured over Fresno, California and was apparently seen for more than 2 hours.

It behaves in EXACTLY the same way I would expect Venus to behave, if somebody was fliming it.

Venus right now is very bright, easily bright enough to be seen in the middle of the day if you know where to look (or happen to catch it by chance).
Because venus also rises, moves across the sky to the west and sets, it "drifts" in exactly the same way you'd see in the video.

All the other blurriness in the video is due to zooming in past the optical limits of the camera and atmospheric unsteadiness.

Here below in another video of Venus, from 2010, just the same...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Problem is at no time does he pull away and give us some context to this light which could be anything .
A check of his channel shows he has several of these mystery light videos .

This one sounds like a blimp ( Caution fruity language )

He also films celestial objects .

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Venus right now is very bright, easily bright enough to be seen in the middle of the day if you know where to look (or happen to catch it by chance).

Incidentally, you dont have to take my word for this, go look for yourself.
It will be highest in the middle of the afternoon. Find it just after sunset in the west, then you can see how far "away" it is from the sun, then go out earlier the next day to find it before sunset.

A few months from now it will be visible in the morning, and it will be easier to track during the day since you can follow it from before sunrise.

Another method is to use an astronomical program to find out when the moon will be very close to Venus, then you can use that as a reference point.

edit on 14-5-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:05 AM
link   
First of all, if this "ufo" was hovering for a couple of hours in California, why is this the only video of it?
Is this the only person who noticed it? Give me a break.
Secondly, the person who posted the video just happens to have twelve ufo videos on his youtube page.
So...what, people send it to him instead of the media perhaps?!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

It behaves in EXACTLY the same way I would expect Venus to behave, if somebody was fliming it.

right......

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

This daytime morphing UFO was captured over Fresno, California and was apparently seen for more than 2 hours.

Because venus also rises, moves across the sky to the west and sets, it "drifts" in exactly the same way you'd see in the video.

All the other blurriness in the video is due to zooming in past the optical limits of the camera and atmospheric unsteadiness.

Wow, You serious?

I photograph planets all the time, and have taken a handful of videos of Venus, and not one single video I've ever taken comes out ANYthing like this. Not even close. lol

I don't know what it is,
But it is not Venus. Come on. O_o

edit on 14-5-2012 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

This video is of Venus. At times, during right now, in the last few weeks it can be seen in the daytime if you know exactly where to look or accidently come across it in the sky. The slow movement and long peiod that it was in view are clues to that determination.

UFOs are real, and so is Venus.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
not one single video I've ever taken comes out ANYthing like this.

In what specific way?
Its in the right place, the right time, the right brightness, the "drift" is is correct.
The only variable is the digital compression caused by the users camera zooming past its optical capabilities, out of its focusing abilities, and also into the ""digital zoom" range, and subsequent artifacts.
Maybe your equipment is better, if you do this regularly.

Here's another random example of the kind of non-venus-looking appearance you can get...

edit on 14-5-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Not sure I can agree on the venus theory just yet...

This object has other projections on it / near it, plus the main bulk has what looks like a rotating and pulsating light inside it. Plus, it rotates in semi-circles and reverses rotation, and th repeats it again.. The light inside seems to rotate/pulsate at one rev per second..

None of the venus example vids posted so far have come close to matching remotely what this object does.

Not saying it isn't, but It doesn't look like venus to me with all the other eccentricities it displays..

added:

If it is sunset then the drift seems to be going the wrong way also..

Actually, the operator says it was last seen heading easterly, and that it was a daytime sighting.. If that is true, then it should have been moving west from earth perspective in order to be a planet..
edit on 14-5-2012 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Sounds like Robert Thornson, aka The UFO kid.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

When will these IDIOTS on youtube learn to use a video camera and stop posting BS. It's not morphing the apparent shape changing is due to the object being out of focus

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
No context to this video.No horizon,power lines,trees, buildings,birds flying
into shot,insects whizzing by.
It's just lights on a blue background,maybe if the guy had panned out so we could
see the surrounding landscape then there would be some context
sorry not buying it.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Here below in another video of Venus, from 2010, just the same...

You seem to know what your talking about. And the things you have pointed out do lead me to the same conclusion so thank you - End transmission

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
Sounds like Robert Thornson, aka The UFO kid.

Agreed , good spot

Here's one he filmed last year under the name kingufokid .

edit on 14-5-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Good grief. Where do you people live that you've never seen a bunch of mylar party balloons?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join