It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslims and Major Laws of Islam - I Am Confused

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Seriously: If you are here to defend a religion - do not do so by highlighting what another religion does or does not do. All that does is draw attention that BOTH religions are flawed. Again, do not deflect your own problems onto others.

I have no prejudice against followers of Islam, specifically - Nor do I favor Christians or Jews or Muslims over one another. I do, however... Dislike religion.

To me, religion is purely philosophy, with a little bit of magic thrown in to make things spicy.
I've questioned Christianity enough - enough for a good laugh, of course.

But I have never really delved deep into the other two "major religions."

So I went ahead and did a little research, and found the list of the "Al-Kaba'ir" of Islam, which means "Major Sins."

Here are the ones that I found interesting, strange, or hypocritical.

2. Committing murder: (Furqan; 68)
29. Committing suicide (4: 29)

Now, obviously the average Muslim does not commit murder or suicide... But in recent times, the theme of violence has seemed to become more prevalent within the Islamic community.

I didn't expect suicide to be in the top 30, to be honest. Because not only Jihad-practicing commit murder - muslim activists are known to be violent.

Certainly admitting to this next bit of information highlights my ignorance regarding the subject - but I also did not expect to see murder as the second greatest sin.

And why? Because of things like this...

www.youtube.com...

That is a city in Britain that welcomed the Muslim community with open arms. They even allowed special laws to be passed to accomodate their needs. This is not an isolated case, either. It's just a blatant example - oh, and it happened within the last year. It's kind of like they're (muslims in that community) saying "Hey, I know this is your house, but you're going to be annihilated in hellfire soon, infidel, and you deserve to die." (literally, they did say all of those things except for "Hey, I know this is your house.")

Also... just for the record...

17. Being arrogant, boastful, vain (al-Nahl: 23)

Telling someone to their face that they're going to burn in hell for their beliefs, and what they choose to wear is definitely arrogant, boastful, and vain.

26. Committing oppression (al-Shuara: 277)

Surely, you must realize moving to Britain and then refusing to assimilate to their culture, or at very least respect their laws, purposely blocking streets, and telling civilians they deserve to die for their beliefs is oppression. Or... In some twisted, illogical way... Do you claim this is not oppression? One does not need to be in the majority to commit oppression.

In case you were thinking of using this as a defense:
31. Ruling by laws other than the laws of Islam (5: 44)

The Islamic laws clearly state that followers of Islam are not to oppress anyone - not just to not oppress muslims. And committing oppression is a worse sin than living by laws which aren't the laws of Islam.

It also seems to me like the video highlights Muslims breaking these major sins:
21. Slandering innocent women (al-Nur: 23)
43. Spreading harmful tales (al-Qamar: 10)
44. Cursing others
52. Harming neighbors
60. Arguing or quarreling for show & not seeking the truth

Moving Away from Examples Highlighted by the Video

3. Performing Sorcery (2: 102) + 46. Believing in what soothsayers & astrologers say

Prophet (saw) said, "Whoever goes to fortuneteller and asks him about something will not have his prayer accepted for forty nights" (Sahih al-Jami # 5816)

Rule 3 and 46 seem in contradiction to me.. Could someone tell me how they aren't?

48. Putting pictures of beings with souls on clothing, curtains, rocks and any other items

If the rule is actually not to put a picture of ANYONE an an inanimate object... Then why is it so much worse to depict your holy prophet? I haven't seen anything in the scripture saying that it's worse to depict a prophet than it is to depict an average Joe. Obviously it could be there - I just haven't seen it - and I'd like you to point it out to me.

51. Being overbearing or taking advantage of the weak, slaves, wives or animals

One extreme example of this can be taken from what has happened in Egypt since last year's revolutions. The current governing body, which is Islamic, passed a law allowing a spouse to have sex with his/her (obviously meant for men, IMHO) spouse's corpse up to 6 hours after death. If you can't see in what way this is taking advantage of the weak - and in many cases - taking advantage of your wife, then you're just plain blind, ignorant, or in denial.

And just a few more random ones

12. Taking or paying interest (2: 275)
15. Fleeing from the battle (al-Anfal: 16)
22. Misappropriating something from the booty (3:161) (yes, this means putting poop in the wrong place)
30. Being a perpetual liar (3: 61) (Lying for certain purposes, like lying so you and your wife get along better is fine, but lying a lot is wrong - yes, this is part of Islam)
40. Reminding people of one's kindness (2: 27)
49. Striking one's self, wailing, tearing one's clothing, pulling one's hair & similar deeds as a form of mourning
54. Wearing one's clothes too long, i.e. below the ankles
56. Men wearing silk & gold
62. Not measuring the weights properly (al-Mutafafifeen: 1-3)

SO.... I seek insight. Like ALL religions, there seems to be hypocritical actions within the religious community, and conflicting words/ideas in the text.

Muslims... Christians... Jews... Buddhists... Agnostics... Atheists... Nihilists...
And everyone else...
Enlighten me as to why.
edit on 14-5-2012 by thegagefather because: Final Spellcheck... I think.

edit on 14-5-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2012 by thegagefather because: Article Title

edit on 14-5-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Salam,

As a muslim i will try to answer your question as far that I know and practiced. Thank you for your approach and curiosity about Islam. While there are religions, I as a Muslim prefer to call Islam as Way of Life. I'.m a bit disturbed by your post title by the way
. Without further ado, I shall clear up a bit what you have posted (sure a lot there of question there).

2. Committing murder: (Furqan; 68)
When you are pushed to the wall and nowhere else to turn, you get aggressive.

29. Committing suicide (4: 29)
Suicide is the last thing a Muslim will do, forever in sin. Those commited suicide news you see on TV is a lie. Muslims prefer to be killed than do suicide.

Youtube - that Youtube is just a propaganda, have you seen his other videos ? All same stuff, Islam hating videos. Its totally bias IMHO.

17. Being arrogant, boastful, vain (al-Nahl: 23)

Yes, these days, there are too many extremist and those who join Islam was lead by these extremist. Its such a shame. True Muslim prefer mediocre and much prefer to seek closer to god instead of boasting. Maybe the end of time has arrive ?

31. Ruling by laws other than the laws of Islam (5: 44)

Islam allows this, Muslims should obey the local law and while at the same time, must uphold syaria law. If both contradict, then the local law shall win.

21. Slandering innocent women (al-Nur: 23) 43. Spreading harmful tales (al-Qamar: 10) 44. Cursing others 52. Harming neighbors 60. Arguing or quarreling for show & not seeking the truth

True, but is really the person they object is innocent ? Isnt it someone racist that causing trouble in their neighbourhood in the first place ? The story is old, people knew already about the racist guy who get his punch. Religious people dont go smack nobody no matter what religion. Be a wiser person before making up story.

3. Performing Sorcery (2: 102) + 46. Believing in what soothsayers & astrologers say Prophet (saw) said, "Whoever goes to fortuneteller and asks him about something will not have his prayer accepted for forty nights" (Sahih al-Jami # 5816) Rule 3 and 46 seem in contradiction to me.. Could someone tell me how they aren't?
48. Putting pictures of beings with souls on clothing, curtains, rocks and any other items
Then why is it so much worse to depict your holy prophet?

You are prohibited from performing sorcery
You are prohibited from believing in what soothsayers & astrologers says.
You are prohibited from putting up picture / resembling except toys for kids.
Not only our prophet, I believe - all prophet.
If even keeping a statue a sin, what worse is it depict the prophet.

I dont find any simpler words to explain it.

12. Taking or paying interest (2: 275) 15. Fleeing from the battle (al-Anfal: 16) 22. Misappropriating something from the booty (3:161) (yes, this means putting poop in the wrong place) 30. Being a perpetual liar (3: 61) (Lying for certain purposes, like lying so you and your wife get along better is fine, but lying a lot is wrong - yes, this is part of Islam) 40. Reminding people of one's kindness (2: 27) 49. Striking one's self, wailing, tearing one's clothing, pulling one's hair & similar deeds as a form of mourning 54. Wearing one's clothes too long, i.e. below the ankles 56. Men wearing silk & gold 62. Not measuring the weights properly (al-Mutafafifeen: 1-3)

These are proper teaching with your hatred words intertwined. I believe everybody else can sense the hatred in you towards Islam. If you are Christians, then practice what you preach. If you are a Jew, why we need to fight over each other on god land ?

Please calm down yourself of such anger and hatred, it bring nothing good to everyone.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by NullVoid

12. Taking or paying interest (2: 275) 15. Fleeing from the battle (al-Anfal: 16) 22. Misappropriating something from the booty (3:161) (yes, this means putting poop in the wrong place) 30. Being a perpetual liar (3: 61) (Lying for certain purposes, like lying so you and your wife get along better is fine, but lying a lot is wrong - yes, this is part of Islam) 40. Reminding people of one's kindness (2: 27) 49. Striking one's self, wailing, tearing one's clothing, pulling one's hair & similar deeds as a form of mourning 54. Wearing one's clothes too long, i.e. below the ankles 56. Men wearing silk & gold 62. Not measuring the weights properly (al-Mutafafifeen: 1-3)

These are proper teaching with your hatred words intertwined. I believe everybody else can sense the hatred in you towards Islam. If you are Christians, then practice what you preach. If you are a Jew, why we need to fight over each other on god land ?

Please calm down yourself of such anger and hatred, it bring nothing good to everyone.

Indeed, I am a bit angry. At all religions. As I think they're all hypocritical and full of nonsense, and harmful to many people.

You shared some very good points, and gave me some perspective I didn't have before.

I hope this comment doesn't offend you - but the more I learn about Islam, the more it seems like Christianity. Many of the same core beliefs... But both have their ideas that are only tailored towards western/eastern societies.

I tried to be as least biased as I could, but honestly the lady in the youtube video did not seem racist to me. It seemed to me like she returned to her hometown and saw people behaving badly. Protesting and saying "stop oppressing us!" is one thing, but marching through the streets saying "The residents of this town will die in Hellfire!" is another.

I think we're both a little biased in our own ways.

I am quick to attack your religion - because I have perceived it to be unfair, and hurt people.
You are quick to defend your religion - because you perceive it to be just, and help people.

I would like to say, however, that I did not change any of the words in Islamic scripture to make it sound "bad"

All the quotes I took directly from here: www.allaahuakbar.net...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Its all goes like this...

1.A muslim country was invaded
2.People migrate from that country to A country
3.People in A country welcomes them, all goes well.
4.To support invading cause, mass media show news biased towards blami7.ng the Muslim country
5.People who know noting about the stuff gets agitated/distrust with this Muslim pilgrims
6.People start accusing of the pilgrim as terrorist, add some culture clash and you will get hatred
7.Racist/protester start annoying the muslims.
8.Muslims turn to get agitated and start to hate.
9.You get what is happening now.

Rational thinking - If you migrate to India, made a neighborhood of expatriate there, do you dare to launch "Beef burger for everyone" campign ?. It really doesnt make sense isnt it ? But what is happening now. Pilgrims campaigning "Hell to the people in this street" --- really doesnt make sense, unless you run the scenario from 1 to 9

new topics

top topics

join