It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about "New Agers"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

I could totally see TPTB controlling the occupy movement (although I hope that isn't the case). But I am not connecting the occupy movement with this. They are two separate entities. TPTB cannot control this "thing." And I call it a thing because calling it a movement suggests that it's new. As the OP said, its not a new concept. It has always been around, people are just starting to see it. I'll say this, I used to suffer from chronic depression and anxiety. It plagued my life. I almost (and probably should have) lost my life because of it. But once I discovered this "thing," this ultimate truth, I have had no symptoms or episodes, and I know for a fact that I never will again. It's very hard to explain, but finding "it" is, by far, the most incredible thing that's ever happened to me.
I apologize about not being able to articulate it very well, but as the OP said, it's above a language. It is not held down by the constraints we try to put on it to try and understand it. To understand it is to know that it's there and to be able to tap into whatever energy it's trying to give us.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
generic reply :

Its easily found that the truth about new agers is they like to dream in the colours of rainbow hogwash . They do tend to be as Neverland as Michael Jackson . "The road to hell is paved with good intentions ." (unknown)
You dont need buddhism (a word associated with extreme nastiness in for example burma) to reinvent the concept of reincarnation into an americanism which can be sold in some shape or form . If its so universal , how do you say 'new age' , in say , chinese ?
You got away without mentioning food .
?Do we have a new age take on , maybe , the green revolution ?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
If its so universal , how do you say 'new age' , in say , chinese ?

In traditional Chinese it appears as :
新時代

But that's beside the point, of course.
Google translator for the win.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

But google translator doesnt talk . Or does it ?! I think I pronounce wong

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT

But google translator doesnt talk . Or does it ?! I think I pronounce wong

Hah, I was thinking of that as I posted it.

Finding the "Anglicized pronunciation" would be very difficult.
Maybe someone who can read traditional Chinese can let us in on how it's spoken?

Oh and the reverse translation of those characters actually comes out to "New Era", because apparently the word "Age = Era" directly in these characters. (I could be wrong but that's my best guess).

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I don't suggest there are not people being roped into joining sects, but many of us don't join anything or trust anyone, we might love people unconditonally but trust NEVER!

But how is that not different than roped into Church's and Temples that control thinking and ultimately cause violence wars, by preventing people from going within and seeing past the very bad wriitings in their religions, and their leaders interpretations of them? not to mention tithing?

In your case, you've lumped all spiritual ideas, from the Vedas, to Christianity to New Age, all as this conspiracy, so its not singling one out.

But Christians and Abrahamic faiths, tend to bring up the cult groups some belong to in New Age, and the monetary elements, while ignoring their own religious cult groups and the huge fleecing of monetary. its hypocrisy to do so.

Its like the pot calling the kettle black.

On the other hand, if you are free in your heart and mind, and seeking within, only weighing things against your own experiences, you own memories and and choosing only what is Love and Good, with discernment, this only good. But people doing this are labeled New Age and put down all the time by those who like to control others.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Here you go (I think): 新纪元运动 (Xīnjìyuán yùndòng) or 新時代運動 (xīn shídài yùndòng)
zh.wikipedia.org...

(Just click the language of your choice in the left menu to get the same phenomena in the language of your choice.)
edit on 14-5-2012 by anno141 because: correction

edit on 14-5-2012 by anno141 because: pronunciation

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Great job OP.. I know what he's saying... The soul search ends exactly there..

AS THE OLD DIE OUT AND THE IDEAS TURN............ THE NEW AGE WILL HAVE NO RESISTANCE.......

its us, its our souls, its the evolution of energy, and it wants it to happen.... some of us and many before us see it and understand it...

we are not crazy, we are tuned in to the earth and our surroundings, I would say at a much higher sense than MOST PEOPLE..

There is a long way to go.. Isn't the astrological age about 2150... so, not entirely based on that date, but I'd say we ARE in the midst of the change..

I wouldn't be who I am if something fishy wasn't going on with the brains of ALIKE MEN.
edit on 14-5-2012 by sticky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

I started to read your thread and then my eyes started to glaze over.

Would you please put into one short paragraph what you are saying?

I... and I think a few others would really appreciate it....thanks in advance!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by JailTales
The problem with the new age movement is that it's term so broad you could drive a train through it............. sideways.

every member of the "new age movement" will tell you it's something different

That's true. I'm a "new ager...." However, I'm not one of these crystal and pyramid power types....LOL... Most people would say, "Well, that would kind of disqualify you." Uh, no. LOL

Disqualified eh -
You could always start believing in fairys that might get you back in the New Age Club

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hi, thanks for posting. I find it disturbing how cruel and thoughtless people can be here regarding peoples belief systems. Not just "new agers" but I see a lot of animosity pointed towards more traditional religions. I think it is crucial to respect all faiths and atheists too. How can you make your point legitimately if you belittle people? It ain't gonna happen. People like that, masked by the anonymity of the internet, are just fools.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
reply to post by b3l13v3

I understand what you mean. And I get your point of view, however i "abandoned" that lot after figuring out that tptb are the ones controlling the movement and if you knew how and why and for what purpose, you'd understand why i stopped following them.

1. They are starting to develope the religious mindset, meaning there are already people claiming to be of high "rank".

*coughs* commanders *coughs* starfleet Captain with over a thousand ships at their "command"

Such claims are ego based ^.

They preach "love and light" but I have personally witnessed how the great majority tend to reject others based on difference of opinions.

Where's the love? Where is this... forgiveness that they preach so much about?

2. Most of the people are in it just to show off or become popular "celebrities." on youtube, Dont get me wrong, there are legit people out there, but there are also alot of confused people as well.

3. The information handed to new agers is incomplete. They are focusing on "love and light" and are NOT dealing with the main problem. Which is to heal your shadow so that it can evolve. Instead they are rejecting the shadow, and dwell in denial.

What new agers are not aware about, is that the powers that be are doing this on purpose for one reason. Incomplete information grants the EGO to be enlightened. Or in another phrase, people become enlightened egos, instead on focusing on taking away the ego's power, they focus on keeping it. And that is where the mind becomes confused, with incomplete information, and incomplete data on how to correctly activate the merkaba or handle other "secret" techniques.

An enlightened ego is a confused ego living in denial. This is where duality battle begins and the person becomes "possessed" by the ego. This ensures schizophrenia, dangerous behavior towards others, etc. Which is what the powers that be want. (think about it).

Personally ive been getting bits of information from all corners, trying to solve the big puzzle.

So I set about on my own road, and discovering "truth" through other means. Following my intuition.

edit on 14-5-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

You're hitting the nail on the head. I'm a "recovering New Ager," having decided to want nothing to do with this stuff about ten years ago, and to find my own way. What cured me was that I lived in Sedona, AZ, the New Age Mecca, for 2.5 years and got to see the real truth underneath the thin New Age patina.

At first I was totally smitten by those nonjudgmental, lovely people who would be so outgoing and wonderful, loving everyone, caring about everyone, proclaiming unity with all living beings, and so forth. It didn't take long, though, to find out that the majority of them were only good at talking the talk, but not walking the walk. For most that I met, New Age philosophy was a form of escapism from harsh realities they didn't want to deal with. And the love & light attitude only went as far as arm's length, really. I didn't meet one person who would actually be willing to help someone in need if it at all inconvenienced them, or assist a downtrodden person by listening to their problems. More likely, if you had a real-world problem, your New Age buddies would stay away from you so they wouldn't be "contaminated" by your negativity. Most couldn't even be trusted to be anywhere on time for an appointment.

Also, the most mentally and emotionally disturbed people I've met were all New Agers. Now I'm starting to understand why. I just recently read the unbelievably great book "Words to the Wise" by adept Manly P. Hall. Written in the 1960s, it is just as timely today -- if not more -- than it was when it was written. Every New Ager and budding occultist should read this. Amazon link

In this book, he explains that in the ancient mystery schools, new students wouldn't even be accepted until they had perfected themselves as much as possible in the everyday world, having learned temperance in all things, patience, charity, having achieved emotional and mental balance, and studied mathematics, astrology, and so forth. He really blasts the New Age movement and points out that New Agers, unlike the mystery students of old, believe they can take all kinds of shortcuts to the highest goal. "Enlightenment in 15 Lessons," so to speak. It's really a wake-up call, but a very, very necessary one.

edit on 14-5-2012 by sylvie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Originally posted by alkesh
why do all the new agers in ft myers fl go to centennial park and sit in a drum circle and smoke dope? not very new age or spiritual if you ask me...lack of motivation and laziness seems to be the running theme with them..and why do they always wanna touch me with their crystals...i work in a scientific laboratory and can assure you crystals have no healing power whatsoever...no matter how you try to rationalize it..they don't...i got no problem with people who partake in herbal remedies i do it everyday myself...but god damn people do something productive with your time

You see, you are part of the problem.
Of course, that is an extreme over-statement!
Yet it points out the flaw that you subscribe to in that the sole duty of a human is to be productive, to be a materaiistic consumer. And just maybe, just maybe, that is not the way....

Well, think about it. Productivity is not just joining the rat race and working for the "machine"... even those who dream of a simpler life, living off the land and in tribe-like communities where everyone works together... there is still WORK involved. So yes, unless you are productive in SOME way, you're going to be a parasite, in the old as well as the "new world."

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by wavemaker

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by b3l13v3

Pardon me but people who believe in the whole new age bullcrap, ascension stories(this isn't dragonball z for crying out loud), indigo children...are like sheep to the slaughter. People who believe in the david icke and willcock bullcrap are probably as gullible as can be. The illuminati nonsense...that comes down to glorifying habitual drug abusers...bullcrap. Not to forget the nonsense about galactic federations, the bullcrap about aliens visiting Earth but only visiting those who oppress humanity or they travel millions of light years to scribble something into friggin' cornfields.

I mean, if you, honestly think about this from a SANE point of view...it's INSANE!

It's a money making scheme and it's called MARKETING.

Take these words as a warning and rip yourselves from this new age nonsense as soon as you can. It's a trick to keep you down.

From the way you post, I can say that you are deeply asleep. I know because I was once like you.

From the way you post, I can say that you are highly deluded. I know because I was once like you.

Seriously, it was great to live the hippie life for over two years... I sure needed that, but then I needed to get back into the real world. Try it sometime, it does wonders for your sanity.

When I finally realized what an empty shell most of the New Age belief is, I vowed to start LIVING what New Agers believed in, instead of proclaiming it for all the world to hear. I still believe in unity and charity and giving and caring, but now I try to shut up about it and just DO it instead. That doesn't make for a very flamboyant life, though, and I realized that I don't have to have two-foot-tall amethysts in my house, or an altar, or "real" Tibetan prayer flags. (Still keeping my beautiful Tara, Buddha and Jesus statues, though -- can't help it, I just love them.)

So, don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against people who believe in unity and want to create a better world where everyone lives in peace. What I DO have something against is...

1. Deluded New Agers who preach the highest values and virtues, but can't even get their own act together.
  2. New Age preachers and "spiritual teachers" (as well as disciples) who fall far short of their own teachings. Some of the nastiest and most mean-spirited people I've met came from the New Age crowd, and that includes some famous New Age authors and teachers.

The problem is that while "living in the Here and Now" and "going with the flow" and "going where Spirit tells you to go" all sounds great -- and it can be, I know from my own experience -- a lot of New Agers take those buzzwords as a convenient excuse not to be held accountable or responsible for anything at all... whether that's showing up for dinner on time, not being able to hold a job, not wanting to fulfill their responsibilities towards their own kids, or not being able to have a committed relationship, you-name-it. It's pretty pathetic, really.

edit on 14-5-2012 by sylvie because: to add

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
*claps*

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

"Tptb" can NOT control our chakra centers, ours hearts, our faith, our spirit.. only our minds, which at present moment is a box.. and that is because the past generations have given their power to soceity and become so divided it seems nearly impossible to bring unity again. But that is the illusion, the impossibility of coming together as One, once again.

RisenAngel77.. I know you personally; you were a "new ager" once too, talking "love and light" all the time, until you lost control.. and gave into your Ego. Now you think you understand everything about being spiritual ? Your preach of Ego, is just a reflection of you battling your Ego. End of story there.

This character here (RisenAngel) belives God personally talks to him, and that he has found the Holy Grail -_- .. He belives he has found enlightment, yet here he is talking about the cabal starting a new age movement? How are you doing any better then the sheep bro ? Your giving up your faith, and you dont know which way to go..

What you people label new agers.. are people who are expanding their hearts, minds, consciousness.. and because you dont understand it, you are against it. Because inside you envy that your world is nothing but black and white.. where as the new agers see a whole different spectrum. I'd envy that too if I were you, but I chose to follow my heart.

Quit judging us who have a whole new paradigm and understanding of reality and the cosmos.. and judge yourselves for the power you give away each morning.

~ Love is an art

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

From the way you post, I can say that you are deeply asleep. I know because I was once like you.

Do you want me to bring psychological profiles to the table? Do you think humans have only existed for 100 years? People have been trying to fool other people for thousands of years...people have been perfecting their skills for decades. They focus on souls desperate for answers...and not a SINGLE one of their stories or ideas is genuine or original, it's all rehashed nonsense that somehow puts them in the center.

A clear case of "the blind leading the blind"... but if you wish to throw your fellow human beings off with fantasy bedtime stories...then be my guest, if you can live with it.

Talk about deeply asleep...I can assure you, you were NEVER like me.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Personally I've never understood why people refer to it as "new age".
Some of these teachings/concepts have been around for thousands of years.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Paradigm Sh11111111111111ffffft..............

Welcome to the 21st century folks, the time when all things will come together or fall apart.

Let's write history.
edit on 14-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join