It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about "New Agers"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3
reply to post by suzzz

Ding Ding Ding Ding!

Bingo.

Some of the previous threads I've authored detail my personal challenges, finding and connecting the mind/body/spirit and knowing the true difference between the ego and true self, and how I've been trying to join the ego in with the true self, as the ego will always exist.

How can you be sure ego will always exist in you? You ego is your mind and your concious experiance and maybe you unconcious also. But if you get a total amnesia won't that ego dissapear and a new ego be created and the real you behind still shine thru? You will not have the same ego in your next life if you have birth amnesia. Ego for me is temporary but is probably changing the core also but hopefully as little as possible I hope.

I agree with your statement above if you add while you are alive.
PS I probably have to much fun with duality and ego right now. It is fun sometimes saying a that other people are wrong even if it is only your view. Have a funny ride if you want to.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Let's get started.

I'm a "New Ager". So, if you so choose to continue browsing ATS and disregard what I have to say, do so but remember, I'm trying to explain to you a culture which you may have negative, indifferent, or positive feelings towards. I'm trying to explain it to the best of my intellectual and philosophical ability.

The term "New Age" is an interesting concept to me, because I find that it's not a very "new" point of view. A lot of what we feel and believe is in synchronicity with Buddhism. People on the path to enlightenment that is the "New Age" movement are truly looking for unity... they are looking to understand, they look to embrace humility, they look to be understanding and wish to provide care to those around them - and not out of personal gain might I add.

I see the term "New Age" non-sense tossed around quite a bit around here, and it's very disturbing to me. I also know that many people are very astute in how they portray themselves here on ATS. They are very, very concerned about what it is they think and believe that those around them should accept what they have to say as an absolute.

That in itself should show you the difference between the "New Age" movement, and those who don't seek out the "New Age" movement.

Let me clarify.

The "New Age" movement has absolutely no doctrine. The "New Age" belief you speak of is the pursuit of personal understanding, knowing why you're here, and doing what you see is right. It is a path of enlightenment, it is a path of peace and expansion.

It is the pursuit of learning what is you wish to learn. There is no law. There is no right or wrong way to do it.

All I can tell you is that the "New Age" movement is not "New Age" at all. It is ancient, if anything. It is before we developed language. It is knowing who you are and who those around you are. It crosses the barrier of language, science, technology, religion and the very laws of the universe itself, because the "New Age" movement is the universe itself. It is the omnipresent, ever existing consistent in the universe, it is the universe.

Also... we don't think 2012 is the messiah of the "New Age Movement", we don't know that there's going to be some massive awakening, we don't know there's going to be 3 days of darkness and we don't know, and sure as the hell don't hope the world is coming to an end.

Unity is the answer. It is present in many of the animals here on this small planet. We are not an exception, it is that some have deterred our reality, and separated us from ourselves, and those around us.

May peace be with you.
edit on 14-5-2012 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

with that broad definition, you are suggesting that everyone is a "new ager" and furthermore, there is no right or wrong. If that's true, then even a pursuit for all those things are of no matter because there is no right or wrong way. Its highly contradictory of reality.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
Each and everyone of us will always strive to be NUMBER 1!

I am certainly glad I do not believe this to be true.

I once did, but no longer.

I seek to be one, but one as in a whole. One with all, one with the nature of the universe.

Sorry Drew99GT but people who compete for number one spot are lossing the real game while playing the smaller game that they think is important.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by apushforenlightment

I to am still very dualistic in nature, in fact many of my friends who are very spiritual are still very dualistic, yet the information they are able to relay to me and and vice versa is still very phenomenal.

And you basically said what I mean, the ego completely vanishes when you are your true self, because you are directly interfacing with reality on spiritual basis, and the body works in unison with your true intent, your soul.

It's just becoming one with the human brain, so to speak. Nasty little bugger.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

I once had a Buddhist teacher, and I'd ask him questions and his answer was a question. It's not contradictory, it's just a different way of thinking and indeed it can be hard to follow at times.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Sooooo in reality you and your 'age' is Old Age but it doesn't roll off the tongue and no one likes to describe themselves using the word 'old' so you've adopted the label 'New Age'. How 'new age' of you!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

I seek to be one, but one as in a whole. One with all, one with the nature of the universe.

Good luck with that. The minute you try and be "one with all", someone who's stronger than you will dominate you. It's called human nature. Believe me, I wish it wasn't true, but it is. Heck, you can see it with all the New Agers and the Spiritual people who believe in metaphysics and astrology and all that crap. Try and go against their beliefs and they'll try and rip you apart. They're all trying to be number one at promoting their beliefs! Same with the people who want to be one with the universe; they're all competing to be number one at spreading that message. Look for that paypal donate button on those websites... And the books they sell? They're not free!!!!!

Why buy the book when you can get all the information free online and do not have to pay for it. Or are the new age movement involved with the internet companies also? I think I just found out the big consperancy. TPTB are using the New Age movement to make more money on internet connections.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I guess very few people have actually given me a chance to show them the folly of these religious beliefs.

I was hoping that by revealing the origins of organized religions as the Sumerian Fish Cult (Semiramis/Baal idolatry/polytheism) it would make these belief systems less appealing.

Buddhism, Hindu, Zoroastrianism, Islam, Christianity, the modern Judaism, native American spiritism, so called New Age movement, Occult, etc.
They are all linked directly through history.

Just read my Babylon Thread and find any thread where I talk about Mithra or the occult. Mystery Babylon

As another example, perhaps even review some of the posts I made in this thread from yesterday :
angels and demons the same?
Where I discuss the Lesser Key of Solomon and the legends of summoning spirits to do your bidding, etc.

The point is, people believe in stuff they are told simply because it "sounds good" typically, and it may resonate with them emotionally, spiritually, or mentally. When their fallacious beliefs are challenged by hard historical evidence many will react angrily or will close their ears to the most probable truth.

What is that truth? That these "religions" are actually methods of controlling the public. Most are contradictory and believe in completely irrational things, they practice rituals and indoctrinate themselves into the Cult-ure.

Religious extremism and irrationality are the # 1 leading cause of death through government totalitarianism historically, resource grabbing and xenophobia have to take a back seat in that respect.

I don't reject these religious systems based on simply not liking them or disagreeing with their principles per se, but instead I reject them based on critical historical analysis, their overt polytheism and idolatry, and the gregarious control based structures they entail.

You can sit at home and not know anyone, not be a part of any group, but if you are "revering symbols" or looking at a statue as your deity, or the other countless follies, than you have been fooled. Sad to say, but true nonetheless.

Now you know why I choose to avoid believing in things without having a foundation of philosophical, historical, and common sense context to back it up. The more things that back something up, the closer it gets to being "likely factual" as opposed to mere "personal opinion".

Sure my post may appear to be highly opinionated but that is almost certainly because it makes a direct solid challenge to the very foundation and historical origins of these "belief systems" that so many people have fallen prey to.

If you can read through the first two pages of that Babylon thread, and you check all of my links closely, and review a few other large posts I have made, and you STILL believe in this crap without expressing any doubts whatsoever, than I will reward you with a star for being as stubborn as an ox.
edit on 14-5-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I don't think you know what I believe, friend.

What I believe is the nature of the universe, which is visible far past any human history. It's visible in geometry, which is on a much grander scale then what other people have thought and wrote.

Not gonna lie, I see patterns, codes, etc. in reality. Call me crazy but I see it, and I know it's there. Fibonacci sequence is just a sequence until you actually see it. Phi, etc.

Is that enough fact for you to understand what it is I believe? I don't necessarily follow the work of others, I find things I find interesting and evaluate them. However there's a natural law in work, and I can see and understand and feel that law through geometry.

Probably not what you'd expect to hear, but none the less it's my truth.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven
Sooooo in reality you and your 'age' is Old Age but it doesn't roll off the tongue and no one likes to describe themselves using the word 'old' so you've adopted the label 'New Age'. How 'new age' of you!

Yes it is old age, just like other major religious systems.

It's the 'Sumerian Fish Cult' or 'Mystery Babylon' (whatever you want to call it), and they don't even know it yet.
But with some historical inquiry and study, they hopefully will become aware of what is actually going on here.

I won't hold my breath or keep my hopes high however, I have learned to just be patient and let the cards fall where they may.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by apushforenlightment

Sorry Drew99GT but people who compete for number one spot are lossing the real game while playing the smaller game that they think is important.

LMAO. No, people who compete for number 1 are living reality and living their lives. Living in REALITY is pretty important, I'd say.
And what's so bad about trying to be number 1? It's human nature. People will ALWAYS try and conquer each other, and to deny that is delusional.

It doesn't mean that YOU as an individual can't help others out in your daily lives. I'm a peon; my beliefs and desire for some social utopia or advancement to a higher level of spirituality doesn't mean others will strive for that. In fact, quiet the opposite happens in REALITY. The only way I can change things for the better is in my daily personal life. I see someone who needs help changing a flat tire? I help them. I see an elderly person who needs help lifting something into their car? I help them. That in no way means there will ever be some social utopia where everyone has advanced to a higher level of spirituality and everyone gets along, and there's no concept of money, will ever happen. My advancement to a higher level of humanity or spirituality is trying to help others who need it on a daily basis, and fighting back others who seek to cause me harm. Nothing more, nothing less.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I dont consider using loose terminology to describe some of your insights or spiritual experiences to be "belonging to a group", the only belonging I do is inside myself, my soul and Source. The term thrown at people who share is New Age, for anyone who doesnt speak traditional authorative, and pyramidal authority at that, in ohter words, instruction and paradigm delivered from on high down to the slaves. So its just a term for a large collection of alternative ideas. There is no church or group to belong to. There is no surprise at the end, because you don't buy into any paradigm, don't believe any leaders, and don't give your power away.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I don't think you know what I believe, friend.

What I believe is the nature of the universe, which is visible far past any human history. It's visible in geometry, which is on a much grander scale then what other people have thought and wrote.

Not gonna lie, I see patterns, codes, etc. in reality. Call me crazy but I see it, and I know it's there. Fibonacci sequence is just a sequence until you actually see it. Phi, etc.

Is that enough fact for you to understand what it is I believe? I don't necessarily follow the work of others, I find things I find interesting and evaluate them. However there's a natural law in work, and I can see and understand and feel that law through geometry.

Probably not what you'd expect to hear, but none the less it's my truth.

So one little paragraph represents your belief system? I doubt it.
Finding patterns in reality is not exactly worth condemnation, it is human nature and has guided us to this very day. It is what allowed us to use the seasons to plant crops, to build great architecture, etc.

Why are you offended by my post if you just believe in math and universal order? Those are pretty basic obvious concepts and anyone could figure it out without being told eventually (we would hope).

I was condemning statues, rituals, organized belief systems with hierarchical structures, religious figures covering up pertinent historical facts, etc.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The whole discussion is pointless because the "new age" conscept is much too vague to begin with. It is like heaping Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism and other "old" religions together and calling them "old age".

I'm a "new ager" but I doubt anyone commenting on this specific topic will have similar beliefs and have come to the same spiritual convictions that I have. Some day I'll write about it, but not today. I'll say one thing regarding the topic of "new age" though: "Beware of the bringers of false gifts and their broken promises, much pain but still time, there is good out there, we oppose deception."

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anno141

I'm a "new ager" but I doubt anyone commenting on this specific topic will have similar beliefs and have come to the same spiritual convictions that I have. Some day I'll write about it, but not today. I'll say one thing regarding the topic of "new age" though: "Beware of the bringers of false gifts and their broken promises, much pain but still time, there is good out there, we oppose deception."

Glancing at your avatar... lets just say, i can't wait to see that thread...

chat with ya then...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

heh that's hilarious but I am not buying the ron paul support thing show me one video of occupy showing up to support ron paul? (LOL! there's probably not even 1 that exists).

I saw how many showed up at the smart meter rally. 2 people and not because occupy wanted them there they weren't fashillitators, nor were they shills from sierra club or transition town, just ordinary people possibly duped into the occutard movement that if they were for the right causes should have been all over a hot topic like invasive micromanaging smart-meters that have been made mandatory.

Actions speak louder than words and occupy has convinced me, and not just my group, but across the world.

For every one example you produce of occupy supporting ron paul I can produce 100 of them trashing him.

link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
I dont consider using loose terminology to describe some of your insights or spiritual experiences to be "belonging to a group", the only belonging I do is inside myself, my soul and Source. The term thrown at people who share is New Age, for anyone who doesnt speak traditional authorative, and pyramidal authority at that, in ohter words, instruction and paradigm delivered from on high down to the slaves. So its just a term for a large collection of alternative ideas. There is no church or group to belong to. There is no surprise at the end, because you don't buy into any paradigm, don't believe any leaders, and don't give your power away.

If only it were that simple.

Sadly there are tons of "New Age sects", and many of them are highly cult like in structure.
Many of them are finances oriented and want more $$$.

Many of them want to authoritatively control their member's behavior and beliefs. They hypocritically reject those who question their practices and beliefs, and they impose prejudice without even realizing it because they are too prideful. (This fits with ALL fanatical religious systems).

If some guy is sitting at his house coming up with his own theory of the universe, that isn't part of the "New Age MOVEMENT" which a "Movement" is a group of people moving together in unison.
The Movement is essentially the newly formed organization of old world religion into a cult groups.

They fallaciously assume that because they are not part of the official Church, they are free from the half-truths or deceptions coming from places like that. But then they go and get the religion that the Church was predicated upon and use that, which isn't any better than the Church itself I am sorry.

link   

LMAO. No, people who compete for number 1 are living reality and living their lives.

Really?
Hmmmm, lol, keep believing that if you wish.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

LMAO. No, people who compete for number 1 are living reality and living their lives.

Really?
Hmmmm, lol, keep believing that if you wish.

Last I checked, if you are alive....
You are 'living your life'.

But hey, semantics right?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Well then you condemn exactly what should be condemned, kinda.

And I wasn't offended by any means. Yeah, the universal order is what I follow.

I've had a lot of weird, paranormal things happen to me in my life, and as I started seeing the patterns stuff started happen to what I can best explain as synchronicity, ending up in off-shoot random places where exactly what I was thinking earlier began happening before my eyes, a psychic connection so to speak. If you look at my thread Deja Vu Revealed, you'll see where a lot of my belief structure stems from, and it is mostly personal experience however I've developed my person throughout careful and meticulous evaluation of information I have received throughout my life.

And the best information I've received to this day is the information which is making your own information, which is relevant to you - but you must not be deluded in your information, it must be clear and concise. I honestly don't think there's any words that can describe my belief system. A lot of what I see and understand is not describable. It cannot be put into the English language, it's a very weird feeling, it's like there's something I try to relay into words and I understand what it means but there's no words to describe it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join