It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about "New Agers"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by JailTales
The problem with the new age movement is that it's term so broad you could drive a train through it............. sideways.

every member of the "new age movement" will tell you it's something different

But that is its strength. Not a Box. I don't being put in boxes, nor should you.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
NEW AGE... Is just a product of the mainstream media... Even if u dont think so... Think about the new-age boom after 9/11... And if 9/11 was intentional, maybe it was intentional that so many noticed it was "false-flag", that so many changed their perspective on the world we live in... Alot would consider this a good thing, for people to "awaken"... But what if its the totally opposite thats happening to the majority of the people... What if new-age is a product of the government... What if... I dont wanna trash ure beliefs / religions... by all means, if they make u a better human being keep rolling... But just be careful for false religions and prophets... We live in a deceitful world atm... Stay on your toes, and dont follow the majority !

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

So very very true.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
many new agers are talking about things completely outside of their experience making it nothing more than a belief system. even if those beliefs are true belief doesn't get you anywhere in terms of spiritual growth. it may make you feel good at times and help you sleep at night. but with meditation and sadhana i think one can come to know lots of things, i have

Some are only playing around and some really seek the thruth. And of course there is a lot of things I stay away from that is not for me. Cold readers that are less psychic than me telling me things are hilarious and I am very very weak psychic from my point of view.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
"New age" is simply a marketing angle. Many "new age" beliefs existed in similar forms previously.

Just go into your local bookstore to see what new age is all about. 2012 is right along with it. Heck, Sitchen, horrible linguist and researcher that he was, has some 14 or 16 books for sale. Yup.. he knew a good yarn would bring in the $$$.

There will be no "awakening" in December, how ridiculous. Awakening is simply the human race learning concepts like peace, love, compassion, on a global scale. Still a long ways away sadly - but we'll get there eventually I think. It's ludicrous to wait and hope that *poof*.. on a single day, humans will shake their heads and say "huh.. what we were thinking?".. and everything will be daises and unicorns and rainbows. Evolution occurs.. slowly sometimes, but it happens.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Everyone has their own ideas, and some have rigid routines some can even turn meditation into a left brained pursuit. Its fine if its not trying to define or confine another, if it still does the same thing in the end.

Which is to Feel Your Source/Soul, and connect, to flow that Love and Joy and Higher Frequency through as much as possible overcoming, (one time for me it was a complete miracle, and involved angel/et and a light ship, but a big struggle I was having with my chosen celibacy and issues, was removed in the twinkling of an eye and healed up after seeming tests on things, in which I refused to buy into any offers or give any permissions but said, " how can I know you, ie who you are, when I don't even know myself yet", and then the light ship appeared for a moment, and the whole issue disappeared). Normally overcoming flaws, issues, weaknesses, and troubles is incremental and in stages, but whether one could say polishing up rough spots on the diamond or whether could say, being born again, its like the past you is lower frequency and another life time, and you're on another level.

In any case, its about connecting, getting on task for whatever you're meant to do, and flowing joy and light and happiness through. Growing in love, trying to grow in effectiveness.

Quite frankly, nothing else matters. Our souls already have the science, the knwoing how things work, the answers to everything we can imagine, we can already manifest, we're just a tiny face or facet on the inifnite diamone,or a fractal of self, however you want to think of it. Growing in purity, and love. Shine.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I often wonder if 'New Age' is what I'd be classified as. I'm sure way more of us would fall under the category of 'new age' than we may think. It's the term that brings negative connotations, in my opinion, and people shy away from embracing it as a label, myself included.

Good post. S&F

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh
why do all the new agers in ft myers fl go to centennial park and sit in a drum circle and smoke dope? not very new age or spiritual if you ask me...lack of motivation and laziness seems to be the running theme with them..and why do they always wanna touch me with their crystals...i work in a scientific laboratory and can assure you crystals have no healing power whatsoever...no matter how you try to rationalize it..they don't...i got no problem with people who partake in herbal remedies i do it everyday myself...but god damn people do something productive with your time

I do not know if the crystals are good or bad or have an effect that is good because the person belive it is good. Being scientific do not mean alot to me since science do not know all and can be as fundamentalistic as religon sometimes. Science have not proven chi and chakra and I know from own experiance that it exists. Drum circle and smoking dope is not really for me but to each his/her own. In one way I am probably new ager but we come in very different pakages.
edit on 14-5-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I agree with the OP....."It is the pursuit of learning what is you wish to learn. There is no law. There is no right or wrong way to do it." A little of this and a little of that, basically.
A kind of spirituality without borders. It's emphasis is on holistic and that the Mind, Body and Spirit are interconnected.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
im a buddhist but new ageism was a stepping stone away from the tradition of salvation and a 'spot' in heaven being shoved down my throat along with quotes of what God supposedly "told" selection people.

a God up in the sky. who talked down to us. a son who rose and will come down again. too physical and functional - the opposite of what what we come from, God, and our spirit are. can't be right, its just majority delusion, look even whole American pop is like 98% Abrahamic faith.

earlier today at mothers day get-together, several relatives were ecstatic about how when u go into the local Mormon church, it looks and feels like "heaven".

new ageism is progressive but i wouldnt say its like Buddhism as buddhism is not a theism and does not root itself into stories of physical conversations with the spirit our supreme creator.

Caught up in ego duality where buddhism is right and everything else is wrong?

I love buddism and see great spiritual wisedom in it. I also see great spiritual wisedom in Jesus teaching. Toltec teaching from New age is also a very good view. And when I watch them from a far with an open mind I can see the same source for all of them. But then I started with the law of one and reincarnation and soulevolution being true before I read about Buddism and Jesus teaching. That takes the reading and understanding to another level from my point of view. And the hindus have of course understood the body best with their chakra/chi system.

But I should not preach since you probably know your way better than I do. Look inside.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by suzzz

Ding Ding Ding Ding!

Bingo.

Some of the previous threads I've authored detail my personal challenges, finding and connecting the mind/body/spirit and knowing the true difference between the ego and true self, and how I've been trying to join the ego in with the true self, as the ego will always exist.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

There's really not much "new" to it. Most of the beliefs have been around for millenias. The easiest way to define it is that it's typically a mixture of Hinduism and Christianity, really. There's more to it than that, but at its root, that is what it is.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

You know am sat here reading this post. And as am going down the page taking my time to read what the good people of ATS are saying about the post. And then I get to your reply to the above comment. First you seem to go off the topic and get carried away with yourself because you seem to not agree with the comment you relayed too. 2. This is what am starting to hate about ATS when people are just not having a debate about something they just wonna post something for the sake of it.... I mean...You see, you are part of the problem......whats that about you need to chill out and just bypass those comments you dont like and and think good thoughts..

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by strafgod

Until you awaken you will be annoyed after awakening you will be amused.

I do not agree fully. I am still annoyed but also amused

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel
reply to post by b3l13v3

Pardon me but people who believe in the whole new age bullcrap, ascension stories(this isn't dragonball z for crying out loud), indigo children...are like sheep to the slaughter. People who believe in the david icke and willcock bullcrap are probably as gullible as can be. The illuminati nonsense...that comes down to glorifying habitual drug abusers...bullcrap. Not to forget the nonsense about galactic federations, the bullcrap about aliens visiting Earth but only visiting those who oppress humanity or they travel millions of light years to scribble something into friggin' cornfields.

I mean, if you, honestly think about this from a SANE point of view...it's INSANE!

It's a money making scheme and it's called MARKETING.

Take these words as a warning and rip yourselves from this new age nonsense as soon as you can. It's a trick to keep you down.

THANK YOU! Most New Age websites have a paypal donate button...

Anyone who believes in any of the New Age crap, or in a one world government, or in any kind of human social utopia should best read a history book or two. Or watch this guy. He explains it brilliantly. Human nature is human nature. Each and everyone of us will always strive to be NUMBER 1! And that goes all the way to the top of politics and world affairs. I'm serious. You want some enlightenment? I dare you to watch this entire video. I double dare you. I triple dare you! Watch it to the end. Because it's the truth.

edit on 14-5-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
Each and everyone of us will always strive to be NUMBER 1!

I am certainly glad I do not believe this to be true.

I once did, but no longer.

I seek to be one, but one as in a whole. One with all, one with the nature of the universe.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3

Originally posted by Drew99GT
Each and everyone of us will always strive to be NUMBER 1!

I am certainly glad I do not believe this to be true.

I once did, but no longer.

I seek to be one, but one as in a whole. One with all, one with the nature of the universe.

Good luck with that. The minute you try and be "one with all", someone who's stronger than you will dominate you. It's called human nature. Believe me, I wish it wasn't true, but it is. Heck, you can see it with all the New Agers and the Spiritual people who believe in metaphysics and astrology and all that crap. Try and go against their beliefs and they'll try and rip you apart. They're all trying to be number one at promoting their beliefs! Same with the people who want to be one with the universe; they're all competing to be number one at spreading that message. Look for that paypal donate button on those websites... And the books they sell? They're not free!!!!!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

I don't know anyone who would try and rip someone else apart for not believing in what they believe.

To each their own, eh?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

The new age belief is a new religion made up by the united nation. It turns your brain to mush and makes you into useful, leftist pawns. Many people with your beliefs fill the ranks of occupy begging for communism, new world order, and globalist green fascism.

Personally I think your beliefs lack "family values" and "ethics" and these flaws hide behind a veil of fake "good vibes and intention".

You can believe what you want but the minute someone like you tries to make me live your way, it'll be war. Plain and simple, I know a total cult when I see one.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

Leftist values? Funny I support Ron Paul, along with many of the Occupy supporters you so valiantly hate.

Your opinion is widely misguided.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join