It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth about "New Agers"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Let's get started.

I'm a "New Ager". So, if you so choose to continue browsing ATS and disregard what I have to say, do so but remember, I'm trying to explain to you a culture which you may have negative, indifferent, or positive feelings towards. I'm trying to explain it to the best of my intellectual and philosophical ability.

The term "New Age" is an interesting concept to me, because I find that it's not a very "new" point of view. A lot of what we feel and believe is in synchronicity with Buddhism. People on the path to enlightenment that is the "New Age" movement are truly looking for unity... they are looking to understand, they look to embrace humility, they look to be understanding and wish to provide care to those around them - and not out of personal gain might I add.

I see the term "New Age" non-sense tossed around quite a bit around here, and it's very disturbing to me. I also know that many people are very astute in how they portray themselves here on ATS. They are very, very concerned about what it is they think and believe that those around them should accept what they have to say as an absolute.

That in itself should show you the difference between the "New Age" movement, and those who don't seek out the "New Age" movement.

Let me clarify.

The "New Age" movement has absolutely no doctrine. The "New Age" belief you speak of is the pursuit of personal understanding, knowing why you're here, and doing what you see is right. It is a path of enlightenment, it is a path of peace and expansion.

It is the pursuit of learning what is you wish to learn. There is no law. There is no right or wrong way to do it.

All I can tell you is that the "New Age" movement is not "New Age" at all. It is ancient, if anything. It is before we developed language. It is knowing who you are and who those around you are. It crosses the barrier of language, science, technology, religion and the very laws of the universe itself, because the "New Age" movement is the universe itself. It is the omnipresent, ever existing consistent in the universe, it is the universe.

Also... we don't think 2012 is the messiah of the "New Age Movement", we don't know that there's going to be some massive awakening, we don't know there's going to be 3 days of darkness and we don't know, and sure as the hell don't hope the world is coming to an end.

Unity is the answer. It is present in many of the animals here on this small planet. We are not an exception, it is that some have deterred our reality, and separated us from ourselves, and those around us.

May peace be with you.
edit on 14-5-2012 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3
The "New Age" movement has absolutely no doctrine. The "New Age" belief you speak of is the pursuit of personal understanding, knowing why you're here, and doing what you see is right. It is a path of enlightenment, it is a path of peace and expansion.

It is the pursuit of learning what is you wish to learn. There is no law. There is no right or wrong way to do it.

All I can tell you is that the "New Age" movement is not "New Age" at all. It is ancient, if anything. It is before we developed language. It is knowing who you are and who those around you are. It crosses the barrier of language, science, technology, religion and the very laws of the universe itself, because the "New Age" movement is the universe itself. It is the omnipresent, ever existing consistent in the universe, it is the universe.

Also... we don't think 2012 is the messiah of the "New Age Movement", we don't know that there's going to be some massive awakening, we don't know there's going to be 3 days of darkness and we don't know, and sure as the hell don't hope the world is coming to an end.

Unity is the answer. It is present in many of the animals here on this small planet. We are not an exception, it is that some have deterred our reality, and separated us from ourselves, and those around us.

There are contradictions here. If you're being ironic on purpose, I commend you.

But what is it you're really trying to promote? The belief that unity is the answer? The answer to what? Please elaborate if you can.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

There's no answer and no contradiction to the path of personal pursuit and unity.

Unity is not a doctrine it is something genetically engraved in our species, along with the many of the species on the planet.

I hate to be short, but that really is all I can say.

Edit to add: Also, I made a small adjustment in my OP which you may find clears things up a bit.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
The contradiction is you said it promotes no doctrine, and then you begin to promote a doctrine.

I do agree with you that there is nothing new about New Age doctrines, and they've been spouting the same stuff for millennia.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

Well, there isn't really a doctrine... I'm just speaking from experience, from individuals I've met which I've never had any coalition with before - yet they come to me and have literally, told me things that I've thought - in the exact same sentence before...

I don't mean to say any doctrine, that much I guarantee. I can only tell you what I've experienced and rectify it with my own anecdotes - and the anecdotes I speak of are the impossible synchronicities I've seen with people I've never met.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
many new agers are talking about things completely outside of their experience making it nothing more than a belief system. even if those beliefs are true belief doesn't get you anywhere in terms of spiritual growth. it may make you feel good at times and help you sleep at night. but with meditation and sadhana i think one can come to know lots of things, i have

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
So what's the deal with crystals? I've heard the term "new age" paired up with crystals a lot.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Crystals are exactly what you speak of. They have a geomagnetic resonance to them. Search and you will find your own answers.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

I understand what you mean. And I get your point of view, however i "abandoned" that lot after figuring out that tptb are the ones controlling the movement and if you knew how and why and for what purpose, you'd understand why i stopped following them.

1. They are starting to develope the religious mindset, meaning there are already people claiming to be of high "rank".

*coughs* commanders *coughs* starfleet Captain with over a thousand ships at their "command"

Such claims are ego based ^.

They preach "love and light" but I have personally witnessed how the great majority tend to reject others based on difference of opinions.

Where's the love? Where is this... forgiveness that they preach so much about?

2. Most of the people are in it just to show off or become popular "celebrities." on youtube, Dont get me wrong, there are legit people out there, but there are also alot of confused people as well.

3. The information handed to new agers is incomplete. They are focusing on "love and light" and are NOT dealing with the main problem. Which is to heal your shadow so that it can evolve. Instead they are rejecting the shadow, and dwell in denial.

What new agers are not aware about, is that the powers that be are doing this on purpose for one reason. Incomplete information grants the EGO to be enlightened. Or in another phrase, people become enlightened egos, instead on focusing on taking away the ego's power, they focus on keeping it. And that is where the mind becomes confused, with incomplete information, and incomplete data on how to correctly activate the merkaba or handle other "secret" techniques.

An enlightened ego is a confused ego living in denial. This is where duality battle begins and the person becomes "possessed" by the ego. This ensures schizophrenia, dangerous behavior towards others, etc. Which is what the powers that be want. (think about it).

Personally ive been getting bits of information from all corners, trying to solve the big puzzle.

So I set about on my own road, and discovering "truth" through other means. Following my intuition.

edit on 14-5-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Reply to post by b3l13v3

No offemce or disrespect but the sad part is that you have already started this 'New Ager' stuff in the wrong way by simply trying to label it or them as 'New Agers'.
Unity can not be attained if we continue to place certain groups in boxes. It's just deviding them from the rest of the world. Just like everything else...

This is not a movement, its not a group. It's a new understanding. It's people who are awake enough to see through the bs and decide their own truth, instead of what the propoganda machine wants them to believe.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by b3l13v3
we don't know that there's going to be some massive awakening,

yes we do.. and that is that people who have had their endocrine glands fully activated over the past 7 years in a massive metamorphosis :ie: morgellons issues... .. will develop superhuman abilities...

superhuman abilities wiill lay forth the dawn of the new age.

and thusforth create an entire new economy and landscape..

get with it..

this IS going to change.. it WILLL make people think differently.. this ISNT some BS FLUFFY LADDEE DAH.. this IS the age of change and it WILL happen.. just watch lol...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
why do all the new agers in ft myers fl go to centennial park and sit in a drum circle and smoke dope? not very new age or spiritual if you ask me...lack of motivation and laziness seems to be the running theme with them..and why do they always wanna touch me with their crystals...i work in a scientific laboratory and can assure you crystals have no healing power whatsoever...no matter how you try to rationalize it..they don't...i got no problem with people who partake in herbal remedies i do it everyday myself...but god damn people do something productive with your time

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by alkesh
why do all the new agers in ft myers fl go to centennial park and sit in a drum circle and smoke dope? not very new age or spiritual if you ask me...lack of motivation and laziness seems to be the running theme with them..and why do they always wanna touch me with their crystals...i work in a scientific laboratory and can assure you crystals have no healing power whatsoever...no matter how you try to rationalize it..they don't...i got no problem with people who partake in herbal remedies i do it everyday myself...but god damn people do something productive with your time

You see, you are part of the problem.
Of course, that is an extreme over-statement!
Yet it points out the flaw that you subscribe to in that the sole duty of a human is to be productive, to be a materaiistic consumer. And just maybe, just maybe, that is not the way....

Actually, the "way" at alluded to by the OP and others above is true enlightenment. But most "productive" people have no clue about what that means. Real enlightenment is not merely meditating for hours a day for years. It can be, or it cannot. Meditation in itself can be equated with getting some sort of education. It has its degrees of finding oneselves in the Universe. To understand that better, think of it as a grade level in public education which pegs you to a position in society. Pure enlightenment, is the near ultimate, the Ph.D. of mind. It does not involve being productive in any materialistic, rational way, thus, it is frowned upon, denied and debunked in Western society. But it is where the saneness people live. And why some people attain enlightenment and can live under a tree and hold an bowl for alms that may be offered. Their life has a meaning far more intense than your views of being productive.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
im a buddhist but new ageism was a stepping stone away from the tradition of salvation and a 'spot' in heaven being shoved down my throat along with quotes of what God supposedly "told" selection people.

a God up in the sky. who talked down to us. a son who rose and will come down again. too physical and functional - the opposite of what what we come from, God, and our spirit are. can't be right, its just majority delusion, look even whole American pop is like 98% Abrahamic faith.

earlier today at mothers day get-together, several relatives were ecstatic about how when u go into the local Mormon church, it looks and feels like "heaven".

new ageism is progressive but i wouldnt say its like Buddhism as buddhism is not a theism and does not root itself into stories of physical conversations with the spirit our supreme creator.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I personally believe this "new age" group will find nothing of what they're looking for and will be bitter thereafter accepting it. Then again maybe you'll never accept the thought and continue on this path to the grave, maybe the 'high hopes' is what its all about?

Anything you think of as awakening, ill find it uninteresting. Anything you think of as enlightning, ill find it annoying. maybe because I don't have high hopes it makes me so negitive and bitter? Im sure it is, that and not being much of a wishful thinker. Im a loner and wouldn't have it any other way. maybe ill have a rude AWAKENING
and become a "new ager", maybe ill be too far gone...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Until you awaken you will be annoyed after awakening you will be amused.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Reply to post by Itisnowagain

Agreed, till then you can call me doubting thomas
lol

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

Why don't you just drop the 'new age' tag and call yourself a spiritualist, because essentially that is what you are by the sounds of it. You take bits and pieces from various religious doctrines, philosophies and archaic systems and cultivate your own means of perceiving your internal and external worlds.

Labels are just labels anyway - they only support narrow minded thinking.

I don't even know how to describe myself anymore if someone asks. I am me and there is no other like me, which is a good thing because I'm a bit wack.

Peace Out

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

Can you doubt this? 'This', that is happening now? This is all you will ever know - 'this'. When you see 'this' you will be awake to the truth. When you believe thoughts you will be sleep walking. If you see that thoughts arise presently and are 'telling fairy stories' you will know the truth.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

Pardon me but people who believe in the whole new age bullcrap, ascension stories(this isn't dragonball z for crying out loud), indigo children...are like sheep to the slaughter. People who believe in the david icke and willcock bullcrap are probably as gullible as can be. The illuminati nonsense...that comes down to glorifying habitual drug abusers...bullcrap. Not to forget the nonsense about galactic federations, the bullcrap about aliens visiting Earth but only visiting those who oppress humanity or they travel millions of light years to scribble something into friggin' cornfields.

I mean, if you, honestly think about this from a SANE point of view...it's INSANE!

It's a money making scheme and it's called MARKETING.

Take these words as a warning and rip yourselves from this new age nonsense as soon as you can. It's a trick to keep you down.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join