It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11: The WTC Elevator Key

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Jeez!

Ok,I watched enough of the vid to get the layout and everything.

Lets start with this,back in the 50's a plane ran into the Empire State Building,I do believe.
When that happened it managed to severe ALL the cables to the elevator including the governor rope,which when a car (elevator) is going to fast,it trips the governor,actuating the safeties(emergency brakes).
That car plummeted all the way to the pit(bottom of the shaft).

I would imagine a similar thing happened to some of those elevators.

And believe it or not jet fuel burning on hoist ropes would eventually weaken those cables ,not to mention melt and short out all the electrical wiring including the traveling cable.

Another thing is when you have a fire,the sprinklers would go off and water pouring down an elevator shaft would also short out many things.

In that type of situation,anyone would be a total fool to even think about using the elevators.

The stairs always work.

As for the elevators above the fire,yes ,if possible,they should be secured to prevent anyone from getting trapped.

When ever there is a fire in a building with elevators,ALWAYS use the stairs.

Any questions?

ETA: Elevator techs are not trained rescue people.
That's what the rescue people are there for,so ya,I believe that some techs did all that they could do,but were told to leave the building.
edit on 14-5-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

How much of the video is enough?

Imagination is your friend. But how about some reality?

Another thing is when you have a fire,the sprinklers would go off and water pouring down an elevator shaft would also short out many things.

When was this discovered before or after the towers were built?

In that type of situation,anyone would be a total fool to even think about using the elevators.

How many of the FDNY firefighters were fools for using the elevators “Ball park figure” ?

Unless you're a firefighter.

Any questions?

Yes, when are you going to start teaching at the fire academy?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

Are you a firefighter?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Here is an indepth look at the elevators on 911 by USA Today.

And another indepth look.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Jeez!

Lets start with this,back in the 50's a plane ran into the Empire State Building,I do believe.
When that happened it managed to severe ALL the cables to the elevator including the governor rope,which when a car (elevator) is going to fast,it trips the governor,actuating the safeties(emergency brakes).
That car plummeted all the way to the pit(bottom of the shaft).

And believe it or not jet fuel burning on hoist ropes would eventually weaken those cables ,not to mention melt and short out all the electrical wiring including the traveling cable.

The stairs always work.

As for the elevators above the fire,yes ,if possible,they should be secured to prevent anyone from getting trapped.

Any questions?

ETA: Elevator techs are not trained rescue people.
That's what the rescue people are there for,so ya,I believe that some techs did all that they could do,but were told to leave the building.

If you have watched the video you'll know there were many different lifts, and not all were immediately affected. If you're a fireman and it's a matter of life & death, then you'll try and use a working lift instead of carrying a 60 pound weight up the stairs. Climbing the stairs would take a very long time, and would make the journey up so difficult, and taking the lift would have been the better option.

Just because we are told to use the stairs there are exceptions to the rule in certain circumstances.

The stairs do not always work, as some people found out, some stair cases had collapsed, or were too laden with human traffic to be effective.

Your opinion on the cables etc, could possible happen, but this is just an opinion. The fuel burnt out quickly, and certainly did not travel down to the ground floor. The damage below was caused by bombs, this has been proven by all the testimonies.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
never mind
edit on 5/14/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Are you a firefighter?

It's irrelevant I wasn't there during the collapse.

I make no claims, just trying to get you to listen to the firefighters and not make things up about what they actually mean when they say things like “definitely secondary explosions”.

They know what they are talking about, because that is what they do for a living. And unless you or anybody else can provide any evidence where they actually clarify what they meant by saying “definitely secondary explosions” . I will take what they say as fact.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1

They know what they are talking about, because that is what they do for a living. And unless you or anybody else can provide any evidence where they actually clarify what they meant by saying “definitely secondary explosions” . I will take what they say as fact.

These are the professionals in all this, they are the people that knew the most that day, aside the people that planned it of course, so yes, the firefighters are the ones everyone (including NIST & the MSN) should listen to.

So many videos of firefighters talking about explosions, this is hard evidence that cannot be debunked.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 4hero

This is when reality meets conspiracy.

If you have watched the video you'll know there were many different lifts, and not all were immediately affected. If you're a fireman and it's a matter of life & death, then you'll try and use a working lift instead of carrying a 60 pound weight up the stairs. Climbing the stairs would take a very long time, and would make the journey up so difficult, and taking the lift would have been the better option.

Yes,I know there were many lifts and that some were usable.
The decision to use one depends on the situation.
If you have a jet liner run into a highrise,with a entire floor or multiple floors on fire,that would not be a wise decision to use an elevator.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

Wherever that story about plunging elevators comes from, it is not true.
Elevators do not plunge anywhere. If an elevator loses power it's brakes are engaged automatically.

Which elevators do you mean? I can't tell, your link generalizes about elevator safety. Like your assertion that wherever this story comes from it isn't true. Did you take the time to read the eyewitness testimony? I realize Anok regardless of any testimony any where it will always be lies to you because the story doesn't fit your scenario; never the mind you weren't there and they were.

Thats Ok by me. Given a choice between people who were there telling me what went down and somebody else telling me what they think happened I have a choice to make.

USA TODAY made an intensive effort over the past six months to determine what happened to the World Trade Center elevators. Reporters interviewed more than 50 people who were in elevators at the time the jets hit or moments before. The newspaper also reviewed 2,500 pages of accounts written by survivors and reports in other media outlets, examined architectural plans and spoke to elevator experts and mechanics who worked at the Trade Center.
www.usatoday.com...

But I'm game, what is the importance of elevators not falling? They shouldn't have fallen just like the buildings or what?

edit on 14-5-2012 by intrptr because: added link

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Well then when I have time,I will finish watching the 30 something long video before I comment any further.
Just offering what I know about elevators,not conspiracy's.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Here is an indepth look at the elevators on 911 by USA Today.

And another indepth look.

So far I only read the USA today article, but I didn’t see any explanation about what caused the damage to the SCC and the 22nd floor.

Maybe in the other link?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Well then when I have time,I will finish watching the 30 something long video before I comment any further.
Just offering what I know about elevators,not conspiracy's.

Thank you!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by ANOK

But I'm game, what is the importance of elevators not falling? They shouldn't have fallen just like the buildings or what?

The claim is the explosions in the basement were elevators dropping, and jet fuel pouring down shafts and exploding?

All elevators have to have those safety features.

What witnesses? Please be specific, not just a link to a website I have to wade through to see what you're talking about.

...Cables were severed and Arturo's car plunged into free fall... The emergency brakes caught after 15 or 16 floors...

www.usatoday.com...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

One more quick reply.
What about the counterweight?
It hangs on the other end of those ropes and are usually 40 to 50 percent heavier than the empty car itself.
I don't know the weight of those cars,but maybe about 3000 to 4000 pounds.
And the capacity of those cars also factor into that.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

The claim is the explosions in the basement were elevators dropping, and jet fuel pouring down shafts and exploding?

And you say the explosions in the basements were caused by...?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

reply to post by ANOK

One more quick reply.
What about the counterweight?
It hangs on the other end of those ropes and are usually 40 to 50 percent heavier than the empty car itself.
I don't know the weight of those cars,but maybe about 3000 to 4000 pounds.

I don't know, you tell me. what about em?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

And they used the elevators in WTC on 9/11.

Correction - They used ONE elevator on 9/11. It was freight elevator which ran to 41 st floor of South Tower

Battalion Chief Orio Palmer found that it was still operable and used it to go up and signalled crew from Ladder 15
to follow him up in it. Cut distance to walk to impact zone on 78 floor in half

Chief Palmer had served in that part of Manhattan and knew the Trade Center and its systems

Palmer was also onr of the smartest men on the FDNY with a degree in electrical engineering

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I'd guess without the counter weight it would just take longer to stop, like 15-16 floors.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

In 1945 a B25 bomber lost in fog crashed into Empire State Build at 78th floor

One of the elevators crashed into the basement from the damage - there were 3 people on board

All survived

For each tragic death there was an amazing survival story to match it. The most incredible tale of survival belonged to a 20-year-old elevator operator named Betty Lou Oliver. Oliver had just opened the door to her elevator as the blast occurred. The explosion threw Oliver across the hall where she was found by two other women. Badly burned, Oliver was treated with first aid by these women and helped into another elevator in order to reach additional medical care. As the elevator descended the cables snapped and the elevator began to plummet towards the ground. An emergency hydraulic braking system slowed the plunging car as severed cables acted like a coiled spring to slow the elevator to a less sudden halt at impact with the ground. All of the women were injured and shaken up, but still alive. At ground level they were helped immediately by Coast Guard first aid pharmacists (Scott, 2007). Figure 7 shows a photograph taken on July 28, 1945 in the Empire State Building. In the photograph a woman is being helped by the Coast Guard and other nurses.

failures.wikispaces.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join