It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Illuminati and Diablo

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by paganini
I don't see anything more than a case of paranoia. Haven't played the game but apparently the subject matter dwells in the occult so why is it a surprise you see occult imagery in it? The creators did what any one would do and researched into the subject at hand and pulled out parts that they thought looked cool or made for a good story.

Further seeing as how popular many of these conspiracy theories are has it ever dawned on anyone people that there are others sitting around making things like this and saying "hey lets put and all seeing eye in there and see if any chuckle heads freak out over it!"

Thats exactly what I was saying
. They most definitely have done this too.

Watch adult swim on cartoon network and you will see proof that they either A. Just spoke of Masonry and used owl symbolism to mess with people and see there reaction because they get a kick out of it. or B. They really are apart of the Illuminati. Which one sounds more plausible

edit on 13-5-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283

In Skyrim there is a god who's symbol is a pyramid with an eye at the top. Also the goddess Boethia has a book in that game. On the cover of the book shows Boethia holding a flaming sword above her head and her flowing dress of serpents looks a lot like the statue of liberty. When you actually see this statue in game she has a horned crown at her feet that looks suspiciously like the statue of liberty. So am I to assume that the statue of liberty is a occult figure because of this?

Oh man you are gonna be blown away.

The Statue of Liberty is actually occult, openly admitted.

The Masons even have a plaque at the location.
Did you know that the Statue of Liberty is based upon the ancient wonder : the Colossus of Rhodes?

The Colossus of Rhodes was a statue of the Greek Titan Helios, erected in the city of Rhodes on the Greek island of Rhodes by Chares of Lindos between 292 and 280 BC.

Helios (Sun God)

Please review this wiki for clarification Statue of Liberty

The "spikes on the crown" are actually sun rays, representing "enlightenment".
The torch represents "illumination" , and in Latin it was referred to as a "Lucifer" which translates to 'Light Bearer'.
Please review this wiki on Phosphorus ( morning star )

Another Greek name for the Morning Star is Ἑωσφόρος (Heōsphoros), which means "Dawn-Bringer". The form Eosphorus is sometimes met in English, as if from Ἠωσφόρος (Ēōsphoros), which is not actually found in Greek literature,[1] but would be the form that Ἑωσφόρος would have in some dialects. The Latin name Lucifer is an exact translation of the Greek term Φωσφόρος.

As an adjective, the Greek word is applied in the sense of "light-bringing" to, for instance, the dawn, the god Dionysos, pine torches, the day; and in the sense of "torch-bearing" as an epithet of several god and goddesses, especially Hecate but also of Artemis/Diana and Hephaestus.

Now look at the history of the Roman Goddess, Libertas

The Statue of Liberty in New York is a modern homage to the ancient concept of Libertas.

The fictional characters Columbia of the United States of America and Marianne of France, the Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor and many other characters and concepts of the modern age were created as, and are seen, as embodiments of Libertas.

Who is Columbia the Goddess ?
Who is Marianne the Goddess ?
Who is Britannia ?
Here is a comprehensive list of personifications

It is 100% provable beyond any doubt that the Statue of Liberty is a Goddess figure dating back thousands of years. This is truly the 'occult' which means obscure or arcane knowledge.
If people really knew that the statue was a massive idol of a Goddess figure they may have different opinions about it.

Please read the Babylon thread and the information it links to in the first few pages.

You will be blown away at how all of these things relate.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
reply to post by muzzleflash

Right - this game would be just another tool, just like all the other games and movies and tv shows and sports, etc....it would make this release just a small fraction of the trillions of dollars that go into feeding us our entertainment and media.
Keeping the populace entertained is generally near the top of the list for many rulers.

As far as devil worship is concerned though - that whole idea doesn't even make sense...it's just a video game
edit on 13-5-2012 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

I can't help but agree.
I tend to favor those assertions you have posted.

Bread and Circus, as they say.
edit on 14-5-2012 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

So today is Lumeralia ?? IF so that is a odd coincidence dont you think. Also, so the lost land of Lumeria is a myth created from misunderstanding Roman practices? If so why did a holiday become a lost continent?

Whoa! Nice catch!

I totally didn't realize that, but you are right!
That is quite the coincidence indeed.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

In Skyrim there is a god who's symbol is a pyramid with an eye at the top. Also the goddess Boethia has a book in that game. On the cover of the book shows Boethia holding a flaming sword above her head and her flowing dress of serpents looks a lot like the statue of liberty. When you actually see this statue in game she has a horned crown at her feet that looks suspiciously like the statue of liberty. So am I to assume that the statue of liberty is a occult figure because of this?

Did you know that the Statue of Liberty is based upon the ancient wonder : the Colossus of Rhodes?

The Colossus of Rhodes was a statue of the Greek Titan Helios, erected in the city of Rhodes on the Greek island of Rhodes by Chares of Lindos between 292 and 280 BC.

Helios (Sun God)

The torch represents "illumination" , and in Latin it was referred to as a "Lucifer" which translates to 'Light Bearer'.

Another Greek name for the Morning Star is Ἑωσφόρος (Heōsphoros), which means "Dawn-Bringer". The form Eosphorus is sometimes met in English, as if from Ἠωσφόρος (Ēōsphoros), which is not actually found in Greek literature,[1] but would be the form that Ἑωσφόρος would have in some dialects. The Latin name Lucifer is an exact translation of the Greek term Φωσφόρος.

As an adjective, the Greek word is applied in the sense of "light-bringing" to, for instance, the dawn, the god Dionysos, pine torches, the day; and in the sense of "torch-bearing" as an epithet of several god and goddesses, especially Hecate but also of Artemis/Diana and Hephaestus.

The Statue of Liberty in New York is a modern homage to the ancient concept of Libertas.

The fictional characters Columbia of the United States of America and Marianne of France, the Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor and many other characters and concepts of the modern age were created as, and are seen, as embodiments of Libertas.

Who is Britannia ?

It is 100% provable beyond any doubt that the Statue of Liberty is a Goddess figure dating back thousands of years. This is truly the 'occult' which means obscure or arcane knowledge.
If people really knew that the statue was a massive idol of a Goddess figure they may have different opinions about it.

Please read the Babylon thread and the information it links to in the first few pages.

Yep, definitely blown away. So your telling me I was going around thinking these things were just coincidence but that Skyrim was actually telling the truth. I dont know how to explain my experience in the game, but it happened in such a way that instantly made me think of the statue of Liberty.

This is just another example of how my personal beliefs are open to change. So I didnt really check out all those links, but why do we have an "occult" statue as one of the symbols of this country? I remember watching a Brad Meltzers Decoded on the Statue of Liberty. It went into how the statue is a Lucifer in technical terms and there was one guy who said it was a pagan god. This show also has covered the Bohemian Grove.

Makes me think I should look into these coincidences I see in things a little more.

edit on 14-5-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Since we are on this thought path. Do you personally believe there is an Illuminati pulling the strings? And if you do, how does that fit in with your beliefs on aliens and creation?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Many employees of Blizzard (but not all), are most likely members of Occult fraternal organizations which practice or study (either or both) historical occult subjects.

And do you have any proof to back that statement up?

Are the writers of True Blood esoteric mystics? How about George R. R. Martin, or Stephen King?

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if some the guys that run the development team cruise this site or others like it for ideas.

These guys are story writers and developers, they make a story that is original and captivating. If there is one thing these guys are guilty of it is using marketing tactics.

I would not doubt that there may be a Mason or two in Blizzard (there were a couple where I used to work) but the Masons are FAR FAR FAR from an "Occult" organization (whatever that is supposed to mean anyway).

The word Occult and the word Esoteric mean for all intensive purposes "Hidden"

All the organizations, symbols, that are called esoteric or occult by people today are NOT, or at least have not been for the last 200 or so years. In fact most of these things are common pagan practices

I find it funny that when people find out the Statue of Liberty or the Washington monument or Columbia are Pagan in origin they flip out. Well of course they are! Because all modern symbolism is derived from ancient symbols.

That is how are brains work! We are captivated by the insignificant because in our own subjective realities it can have significance!

edit on 14-5-2012 by Openeye because: (no reason given)

ETA: Sorry if I come off as standoffish, I just think the whole Illuminati influencing the media issue is being played out, this argument is neither original or logical. It has been used by the fundamentalist elements of american society to demonize the entertainment industry for years.

The industry does enough to demonize itself by releasing non educational, non thought promoting garbage over the airwaves.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Oh and my wife just pointed out something funny.

The Statue of Liberty is a recreation of the Colossus of Rhodes. *Island of Rhodes*
We have a State named Rhode Island.

Once we start investigating the very things in front of our faces we will realize that this stuff has a very deep history and there are many reasons why things exist which we know little of.

The main reason I find this information startling when I discover it, is because almost no one is aware of it although it is quite blatantly obvious often times. In fact we are somehow programmed to reject such realizations or notions automatically for no reason.

It's quite suspicious in of itself in my opinion.

As for Blizzard, they are but a minor modern facet.
You can play all the video games you want, rather than turning people into satanists instead it just keeps us sitting here while the big boys/gals control the nation, corporations, etc.

Oh and about Rhode Island, according to the Wiki it claims the explorer by the name of Verrazzano supposedly named it after the Island of Rhodes near Greece, however pilgrims who came were supposedly not able to Locate the Island specifically , and instead assumed that the present day Rhode Island was what he was referring to.

But what if, he was referring to the Island of Manhattan? No one knows, and if they do know, it's not being publicized very well.

And compare the shape of Manhattan Island to the original Rhodes near Greece! Amazing actually.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

Many employees of Blizzard (but not all), are most likely members of Occult fraternal organizations which practice or study (either or both) historical occult subjects.

And do you have any proof to back that statement up?

Aha that is why I left a backdoor and kept the statement in the realm of "speculation".

Due to the obvious reality that anyone who depicts, writes about, etc, occult symbols; it is safe to say that many of them at least study it.

And if you wanna have a Vegas Bet, I am betting that I can pin at least a third of the board of directors as being an open admitted member of various potential occult organizations. (They may not even practice the beliefs but instead study it academically like a hobby group for instance).

The proof should be easily available however.
First we need = List of top people in corporate structure.
Second = Find any connections from there.

The thing is almost every person in these types of groups, at least public personalities, admit openly and proudly that they are members of whatever group. It shouldn't be difficult to prove with a little googling.

I wouldn't say it's a conspiracy per say (unless that can be proven), but instead it could be also alternatively classified as subliminal branding.

And this wouldn't be surprising because Blizzard did get busted putting subliminal suggestions into WoW, the spirit guide who resurrects you after you die whispers things like "give us your money" "play world of warcraft" "your money is our cure". Crap like that.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Openeye

I would not doubt that there may be a Mason or two in Blizzard (there were a couple where I used to work) but the Masons are FAR FAR FAR from an "Occult" organization (whatever that is supposed to mean anyway).

The word Occult and the word Esoteric mean for all intensive purposes "Hidden"

You proved my point.
The Masons are technically by definition Occult in practice.

Do they publicly tell us what goes on in there? Not really. Therefore "arcane, hidden".
But also this terminology can be applied in other ways.

Someone who studies something and learns of many facets which are virtually unknown to the majority of the population is also studying occult knowledge, in the loosest definition of the term available.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

And if you wanna have a Vegas Bet, I am betting that I can pin at least a third of the board of directors as being an open admitted member of various potential occult organizations. (They may not even practice the beliefs but instead study it academically like a hobby group for instance).

Well Michael Morhaime was a member of the Triangle Fraternity, I guess that is the closest thing to an occult organization. They have cool All Seeing Eye symbolism on their crest, classic stuff.

And Chris Metzen plays D&D, you can consider that an esoteric organization

I kid I play the game as well.

I would bet that a third of the executives on the board at blizzard have a higher chance of all being Atheists, than being devout ritual mystics.

I am a mystic, there are a lot of us...but not that many lol.

And this wouldn't be surprising because Blizzard did get busted putting subliminal suggestions into WoW, the spirit guide who resurrects you after you die whispers things like "give us your money" "play world of warcraft" "your money is our cure". Crap like that.

Wow (no pun intended), thats the first I ever heard of that lol and I played that game for years. I have looked it up and the user
Tahi pretty much sums up my position on page 4 of the BN forums. I especially liked his last paragraph.

Someone who studies something and learns of many facets which are virtually unknown to the majority of the population is also studying occult knowledge, in the loosest definition of the term available.

I think that is a horrible Straw Man, just pure semantics.

That would mean that all forms of higher academia are esoteric or occult in nature. The laymen fails to seek that knowledge, because he could care less about it.

Such a label is much more appropriate for bodies of government like the CIA, or MI6. Not a video game, which sole purpose is to entertain in a FANTASY setting, not teach high moral lessons (other than "stand up to the people screwing the world over" I guess that's a good one).

Its a game pure and simple, it is fantasy, just like the Odyssey...oh wait that's pagan

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
i think that person in the OP is confused, the illuminati don't run blizzard, they run EA.

good thing blizzard rejected EA's offers so many years ago!

as we all know EA is the most evil company next to microsoft, i think it is run by satan!
edit on 14-5-2012 by demongoat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Helios (Sun God)

Who is Britannia ?

Yep, definitely blown away. So your telling me I was going around thinking these things were just coincidence but that Skyrim was actually telling the truth. I dont know how to explain my experience in the game, but it happened in such a way that instantly made me think of the statue of Liberty.

This is just another example of how my personal beliefs are open to change. So I didnt really check out all those links, but why do we have an "occult" statue as one of the symbols of this country? I remember watching a Brad Meltzers Decoded on the Statue of Liberty. It went into how the statue is a Lucifer in technical terms and there was one guy who said it was a pagan god. This show also has covered the Bohemian Grove.

Makes me think I should look into these coincidences I see in things a little more.

edit on 14-5-2012 by
Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

USA was founded by freemasons. It's only natural that they have such symbols all over the place. Look at the layout of Washington DC, it has freemasons written all over it. What about the giant obelisk, an object which can also be found in London and in the Vatican. The USA is run by a weird bunch of occultists, and they have strong ties to European royalty as can be seen from the fact that many US presidents are genetically related to this royalty.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It is "just some video game."

The scary part, which requires no conspiracy, is when you look at the man hours that go into heavily-played games.

I am a gamer myself, and I don't think there's anything wrong with people spending their casual time as they choose, but in the man hours that will be consumed by Diablo 3, people could probably

- cure cancer
- improve countless lives
- create a perfect artificial heart
- any other number of fantastic achievements here!

An example of a modest tally I found was for Call of Duty: Black Ops. Only a month and a half after release, "68,000 human years" had already been spent playing the game. Crazy, eh?
The game's been out a year and a half now, so I'm sure the final count is much, much higher.

More than 68,000 "Human Years" Spent Playing Call of Duty: Black Ops
edit on 5/14/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The just got control of Blizzard? LOL You have obviously never played StarCraft! The Protoss, with the Templars, Pyramids, etc... and this game was created 12 years ago.

Way to drum up more news about the upcoming Diablo III release is all I have to say to the OP!

I swear I learn more from Anti-satanists and Anti-masons than I ever would by joining them! And Media buzz good or bad is still media buzz get my drift? If you really wanted them to have no power you would need to pretend they no longer exist then they go away!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Well I'm getting the game tonight at midnight. So after its all downloaded and I'm playing it , I'll let you know how corrupted I've become .

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Heh. You've obviously not heard of The Secret World.

The Illuminati, Dragon, and Templars fighting together against evil...but vying against one another for world domination. In this game, all conspiracy theories are true.

It should be the ATS game.
edit on 14-5-2012 by MzMorbid because: wow my toes are dirty.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I saw that thread.
What I have to say about it is this:
Even though you're fighting against demons, and it's obviously not trying to persuade you to join the dark side, that's not what video games are for. Video games are supposed to be a distraction.
And Diablo's endless gameplay serves the perfect distraction. Trying to get one extremely rare item can distract someone for 100s of hours.

Someone once said "Video games are the same as taking a tranquilizer" -Brad Pitt in 12 monkeys.
That's the truth of ALL video games. Even if they have a great message, they take you out of the real world into a fantasy world meant to distract you.

Although, if anything, Diablo 3's story is all about the end of the world. There could be many hidden messages prepping people for the end of this world.

That said, I'll see some of you at 2am tonight!
edit on 14-5-2012 by Ghost375 because: one tiny typo

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
It is "just some video game."

The scary part, which requires no conspiracy, is when you look at the man hours that go into heavily-played games.

I am a gamer myself, and I don't think there's anything wrong with people spending their casual time as they choose, but in the man hours that will be consumed by Diablo 3, people could probably

- cure cancer
- improve countless lives
- create a perfect artificial heart
- any other number of fantastic achievements here!

An example of a modest tally I found was for Call of Duty: Black Ops. Only a month and a half after release, "68,000 human years" had already been spent playing the game. Crazy, eh?
The game's been out a year and a half now, so I'm sure the final count is much, much higher.

More than 68,000 "Human Years" Spent Playing Call of Duty: Black Ops

your post is proof of my claim that video games are meant to distract us.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

My point was that for companies like Activision-Blizzard, I don't think there's anyone above them directly involved in an explicit conspiracy, hand in hand with them so to speak. Do all such distractions please TPTB/maintainers of the status quo, as these kinds of distractions incubate people from real-world issues/challenging them while we're running around in virtual worlds (maybe we should enjoy our lives more vs. having to resort to so much escapism, etc.) -- I def. think so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join