It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I drank enough to kill a normal person last night.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Whatever. I wasn't even supposed to post this crap. Pressed the wrong key... Pointless anyway. Sleep tight everyone.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
V8 Tomato juice is my cure all for a nasty hangover.... If that doesn't work have another just add VODKA!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Last Christmas I drank so much I was drunk for two whole days... hung over for what seemed like a week. I've since then promised myself not to ever get drunk again and I haven't yet, which is huge for me; I had been partying hard for nearly 20 years.

It was bad enough when I only had to take care of myself but now I have a kid, I just can't do that anymore.

Good luck on your recovery... tea with cream and soda crackers.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I always remember some mates visiting the USA and lets say they turned up at opening time at some bar and drank the place dry by mid afternoon so the owner had to ship in an extra load of beer which didnt really help him as the guys drank nearly all of that and was knocking on the door at 11am ready to restart the event...there are some things that i think the average american is unsuited for and its proper drinking just like its wrong for us brits to own guns so to each their own

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

And then there's us Canucks and Aussies.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Intrepid as much as I would like to stand up for the Canadians....I was drinking with one last Saturday and "novice" is the only word I can use
A drinking session should never turn into a baby sitting project!!!

The difference with the Irish reputation for drinking is that we will prove it anytime -anywhere

I once got so drunk on tequila that I had to walk backwards and throw myself down the stairs to get out of the disco!! The good old days.

My hangovers used to be so bad I felt that someone had set me on fire and put me out with a baseball bat!!!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
reply to post by Maxatoria

And then there's us Canucks and Aussies.

Don't get me started. Damn open bars....

Now I gotta go face the world lookin' like this....

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

i can remember once drinking with a irish chap and it was fun, met up with him at 8pm and we started drinking/chatting etc and by 11pm (chucking out time in the uk at the time) I was on 10 pints of beer and he was on 11 but boy did it catch up with me when on the way home i needed the call of nature and nearly fell asleep while on the job due to it taking me so long to empty over a gallon of ale

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Themanwithnoname

I've actually seen a Russian out drink an Irishman. It was like watching 2 gods go head to head.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

You met a rookie. Lots of Irish lads here. From both Belfast and Dublin. Don't get me wrong, you guys can drink. So can we. Would it surprise you to know that St. Patrick's is the biggest drinking day of the year in Canada? It's a party.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Intrepid you need to go to Ireland!!

Every Friday and Saturday night is like St Patricks day in Ireland!! We train all year for the 17th of March.

Now the Russians.....thats a different story

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador
Now the Russians.....thats a different story

You let us worry about our frozen brothers.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Dear lord. What have I done?

Honestly, when I created this thread I felt like I was dying and just posted for -bleep- and giggles. But it has taken on a life of its own.

Suppose that is a testament to how we are today, how we drink away our sorrows. How we drink to have a good time or just a laugh.

And you know what? It's fun having a drink with your friends. I figure alcohol is the preferred drug because you can go out with a whole bunch of people and it takes a while for you to down it. It's not one of those things you can just slam into your body and be out of this world in a second, it takes some time.

You have to love the drinks, and the drinks have to love you.

I have gone through most of the posts but I won't address them all. To the ones that warn caution, I suppose I will reflect on those warnings in a few years time when my liver refuses to work for me. In the mean time, I have to enjoy every minute of my inebriated existence, as I am trying to keep up with a younger crowd, it's hard to limit my alcohol intake.

But for the few years of joy, I bet 10 years of elderly sorrow will not make up for it. A sad thing really that I am going to die young, but, for most... The life of Jim Morrison beats out the life of Warren Buffet.

And why is that?

While one was counting their pennies, the other was on stage/on tour, making a life for himself. Sure it wasn't the life of butlers, chauffeurs and private jets (while that may have brushed reality), it was the life of poor choices and the hunt for the next thrill. No matter how destructive it might be.

And when those poor bastards look back on their brief existence they say to themselves "at least I didn't leave anything behind..."

I was crazy and I enjoyed my crazy and it worked out for the short time I had.

Cheers to you John Belushi

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join