It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I drank enough to kill a normal person last night.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Hi....I am curious.....why did you drink so much? Are you an alcoholic? I am one...I just haven't drank alcohol since 2004.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I personaly believe that alcohol is fine, yes it is abused by people into a whole new level, but that is the people and the culture, not the alcohol itself.

Personaly i have myself different drinks for different occasions/reasons.

On a typical friday night, i drink 4% larger, such as Carling and Fosters (don't know if the USA have them, but they're just standard beers here in the UK). I drink these on a weekend night because they are fairly weak, so you can drink like 10pints and still know your head so to speak, and also because the alcohol level is fairly weak in comparision to the amount of water in the larger, the hangover is rarther weak.

If im having a single nice drink, such as after a hard shift at night, or a general winter warmer, it tends to be a glass of scotch, single malt if im feeling rich
or some irish cream. Something to sip and relax too. This is how i personaly believe spirits are meant to be drank, but with vodka and the alco-pops (queer-beers as i call them lol) and the culture of binge drinking, people tend to binge on spirits, as one person stated earlier, you can't taste is, and that can be a danger. Like the reason we have the feeling of pain, if we couldn't feel pain, how will we know when to take our hand out of the fire?

A couple of drinks on a weeknight for me tends to be a couple of ales or stouts, they tend to be stronger and more flavoursome, a nicer drink over all with many to choose from here in the UK, and you have to admit, nothing beats a good local ale, and it keeps the local micro-brewing industry going, which sadly is at risk at the moment in the UK, a huge shame

Wine tends to go with food to complement the flavours, but to be perfectly honest, i prefer an ice cold cider or a larger with my sunday roast that a glass of wine.

As for alcopops, can't stand them! Far too much sugar and chemicals in there, my mouth feels like it's covered in paste and gets stuck together if i have more than two. Which is annoying because i sound like im drunk because of sticky mouth, but im genualy am not, don't think i've ever managed to get drunk of alcopops.

Point that im trying to make i guess is that alcohol gets a bad rep from almost everyone, and in the UK it is widely known that the whole binge-drinking culture is highlighted constantly so that they can rise the tax on alcohol again and again, which in turn is destroying the classic british pubs and micro-brewers, leaving the only places left open being chains such as Weatherspoons, Liquid, clubs and such were the binge drinking culture is encouraged. The binge-drinking culture is being created by this cycle, myself and many of my friends prefer to drink in a pub than a club, and always have done, but when it comes to the weekend, around 11pm, we have to go to a club just so we can carry on having a few drinks and chat. We just stay in the smoking area to avoid the stumbling messes inside,lol.

Everything is bad if moderation is not used. But i do miss the pubs were the staff know the customers, and when you enter you are not seen as a customer, but a friend/person, and can quite happily walk in on your own and have a chat with the bar staff.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Rookie. Talk to me when you can kill a quart of 151 rum and a quart of vodka. Go to work the next day and get fired for being drunk.
Or a binge. Like getting tanked and sleeping and do that 5 times between Fri night and Mon. morning. That's NOT funny. Hair of the dog only lasts so long until you suffer alcohol poisoning. THAT isn't fun. And I have seen a guy die of cirrhosis. That's not pretty and very painful.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by halfoldman
What was the occasion, and what was the poison?
Tequila and beer?
Wine and schnapps?
Is it just the hangover that irks, or some bad feeling of social blundering?

Vodka, just hangover. My heart is palpitating and I feel like utter tripe.

Was that you sitting next to me last night??? Gee, I had had enough of the family, didn't know it was going around. Thank the stars I'm off today.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hair of the dog works wonders. Just make sure its a hair and not the whole dog.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here is a song that came to mind Lazt Kall
Drink enough scotch to make a normal man cross eyed!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I bought a bottle of red wine today,and I'm gonna drink it tonight with my significant other while watching Supernatural,and since he can't take more than a glass it'll be all for me,today I had the hardest exam this year so needless to say it will be the pinnacle of my week,cheers.By the way I love alcohol
Reading previous posts I wonder if some people naturally have high alcohol tolerance,I never seem to get drunk considering my weight,and I have drank about twice more for a girl of my stature to black out,which I'm not very proud of.On my mothers side of the family more than few people have been alcoholics,does it has to do something with that?
edit on 14-5-2012 by adnachiel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I didn't see a line up....

What did you drink? Vodka straight?

How much?

Did you mix vodka with... something else?

Like beer?

Details man...

Don't leave me... hangin...

edit on 14-5-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Up until a few days ago I was going to the liquor store to buy a 30-pack of Natural Ice (5.9%) and 1.75L of whiskey every week. It would only take me a week to finish all of that myself, but I would drink 7 days a week, usually a 6 pack and a half pint a night. By friday I had run out of beer and either I go get more or just finish the handle. I had been doing this for several weeks, 3-4 maybe. I havent had a drink since Friday now, I decided to quit cold turkey.

The problem is when I stop drinking for several weeks or a month or two, and decide to have a beer. One beer leads to two, a 6-pack a week leads to a 12-pack per week, and eventually Im back buying a 30 and a handle every week. Drink heavy for a few weeks and quit cold turkey again. Been going on like this for almost 2 years now I suppose. Im turning 25 soon, I need to get my act together.

edit on 14-5-2012 by IntegratedInstigator because: replaced censored word with 'act'

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If you're not already in ireland then come over here.
We'll show you how to drink. Until then....only an amateur my friend.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Themanwithnoname

This Nova Scotian would take you up on that if I could afford it. Always wanted to see Ireland. And drink them under the table.
What's your poison? Single malt? I love Bushmills. Not a fan of their blend, Black Bush, though. Beer? This is my everyday beer: www.beermelodies.com...

Are you up to drinking with a Canuck?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IntegratedInstigator

I'm 24 and a lot of people who drank heavily in their twenties stopped when children and job came along,you are probably bored.Find a good book,or a game,that's something you can't do when you drink.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Themanwithnoname

This Nova Scotian would take you up on that if I could afford it. Always wanted to see Ireland. And drink them under the table.
What's your poison? Single malt? I love Bushmills. Not a fan of their blend, Black Bush, though. Beer? This is my everyday beer: www.beermelodies.com...

Are you up to drinking with a Canuck?

bahahaha...

I was going to speak up... but you beat me to it...

Come drink with us Canadians... We'll show ya the floor... and belly up for the next after you pass out...

Pardon the "light beer" ... i just always liked this commercial...

Labatt Blue FTW
edit on 14-5-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Oh really,do you have tradition of drinking 60% moonshine shot for breakfast?Even grandmothers do it

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Needless to say, today have not been the pinnacle moments of my existence.

This man, this man is not normal!

www.alchoholaware.co.uk

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by adnachiel21

Well no... i like my beer...

And im not suicidal...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I did that 24/6 ( sundays my garage was off duty ) for my last 20 years. Long story. Then, I invented something which brought me well over half a million pounds. And I helped everyone, because ... I wanted to. I just didn't want to be alone, I was compelled to share it. Rich people are SO boring, they are only about making more dosh and having SO MUCH MORE power. They don't know the wings of a fragile butterfly ( "flutterby" is so much meaningful, search for it
), .... well. Too much. Go away, people. Travel. There are SO MANY Wonderful, Magical, Breathtaking places.... just ... WOW! The marvels on this spinning boulder in Space are just ( simply ) infinite.
We are all living in a dark, dirty prison. I do. Because of you. You, the 99%. How many times did you actually fought against your government ? How many times have you been imprisoned for fighting for your rights ?
I have been sentenced to 1, 2, 5 and now another 5 years. And I still am a Human Being. I fight, therefore I am. I am paying a horrible price for being ME. I am actually fighting. I am actually suffering. My family, friends and relatives are in deep trouble. What do You do ? Comments on ATS ? Do Something. Make The Change. Make It. Do not just talk about it. Make it real. Switch off your computers and start doing something real. Become a Hero. There's no gain, but so much pain in it. But you shall feel ALIVE. For once in your so-called "life". And you shall not die a sad moron. Tell each and every creature, in every government, that they are nothing more than thieves, and you are aware of that. Do it. Become Human. Become REAL. Stop being some stupid software. It doesn't even sound good...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well it's not suicidal if you know someone that can actually make..... oh, wait. That's against the T&C.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Totally been there before. Was upset about my grandfather's death and the injustice of it, got myself a bottle of 151 proof rum (75.5% alcohol, one shot= 3 of anything else ) , and drank about six or seven shots of it. (So like 18-21 shots, totally just.. Should've been dead.) and I remember I felt this disconnect from the world. If I were to walk, I'd feel like I was floating everywhere and not physically moving. I could barely hear anyone speak but still did my best to respond. I after thinking later that night that I had passed it all out of my system tried to take my sleeping meds and they reacted. I was so scared shaking away and I couldn't let myself fall asleep because I noticed that I stopped breathing the closer to sleep I got. So I was up most of the night until I just finally gave in and miraculously woke up alive the next morning.

My dear golden retriever just died last night and I'm sure if I had any booze to get ahold of, I'd be that way again. Doggies shouldn't have to get cancer and die slow painful deaths.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

What boggles me is that if his post is meaningless (which it is) than that makes your reply even more meaningless. What did you hope to achieve with that one there?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join