It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I drank enough to kill a normal person last night.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I discovered a great new drink the other day. It's lime Smirnoff Vodka with orange juice and ice. Tastes like an ice lolly and you get your vitamins from the OJ.

The only way to cure a hangover is by doing something you cant talk about on ATS and sleeping it off.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by IntegratedInstigator

The pain you feel after several days of binge drinking is more than likely the beginning stages of Pancreatitis. You should really void drinking at all if you are feeling abdominal pains after drinking. But at the very least avoid ever binge drinking or drinking daily as pancreatitis can cause a plethera of health issues and can also be fatal.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

So, by your title my friend, are you saying;

a) you are not a normal person? or;

b) your liver is rock hard...

Been there many a time. Although I normally don't say this, I do feel for ya...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

While I appreciate a good drink, and have been known in my past to "get on" a few "benders", I can't help but find the humor in the fact that we can discuss your dangerous binge drinking with no fear of mod action while other, less death inducing, topics are taboo for very similar reasons.

Anyways.......

I simply can't get hammered anymore. I've reached a point, with my mild alcoholism, that my tolerance level is too high, and my body's automatic shutoff is below the hammered threshold. I just get tired and pass out, no more crazy nights waking up god knows where.

Sometimes I miss that, but I certainly don't miss the morning after

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
You have proven now that you're abnormal. congratulations!
What's next to achieve?

lol
indeed
if i were so moronic to destroy myself with booze, i would not tell the rest of the world :-)
but then again, i should shut up... i smoke.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Vodka is bad because you can't really taste it when you mix
it with something.I am sorry that you have a bad hang-over.I
haven't had a hang-over in years and I'm keeping it that way to.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Needless to say, today have not been the pinnacle moments of my existence.

Congratulations your a alcoholic

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Heh.. I hear ya man. I tested at over 4.0 at the hospital once and the doc and nurses were gathering around amazed that I was having a convo with them, could walk, etc. Not good though man go easy.

Gs

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Think we have all been there. Unfortunately I work too much now to be able to drink a whole lot!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I drink enough to kill a normal person ALOT! While others are crawling, I can walk around and act like nothing ever happened and not even look affected. Strange....

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Great thread, OP! Love some of the responses!

Anywhooo... Thought that I should share this extremely on-topic video...

www.youtube.com...

(EDIT: I can't figure how to embed it. Sorry. Dunno what's wrong. But the link works.)

Cheers,

Mike
edit on 14/5/12 by JustMike because: I added an edit. That's the reason for the edit.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Fwiw Boncho I did more than my fair share of drinking when I was younger.
I've seen the toll it's taken on friends who have either died from drunk driving accidents or having their livers turned black.
It will kill you eventually so for your sake do moderate your drinking.
Take it from an old guy that's seen it's ill effects too many times.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by steelwidow
I drink enough to kill a normal person ALOT! While others are crawling, I can walk around and act like nothing ever happened and not even look affected. Strange....

Same. Either i just sleep when i'm drunk or i act as if nothing happened, there's no change in me. It works best with Jack Daniels as i can down this stuff like water, it doesn't affect me in the slightest and i don't understand it. It has 40% alc. just like Jim Beam or most sorts of Rum. While JB makes me drunk rather fast and Rum basically kills me instantly, JD doesn't even give me hangover the next day

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I also did my fair share of drinking in my younger days.
I even know what is is like to hug a public toilet while
dry heaving.*

*I was kicked out of the wafflehouse because of this.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Thanks OP for this post. I feel your pain this morning I do! Between you and Kdog's posts I have been laughing so hard.

Mondays would be easier if I drank less beer Sunday night. But it was so nice yesterday and after getting so much yard work accomplished I felt I deserved it. Plus it was Mothers Day! So I don't feel too bad. My kids did make the bus on time this morning and all is well.

Oh but I do think I was on FB early this morning. OOPS!

edit on 5/14/2012 by restlessinMT because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Back when I was a drinker me and a friend could polish off a 1.75 liter of Vodka, wake up the next day and feel like nothing ever happened. Then I found myself drinking not just on the weekends anymore but during the week. I decided enough was enough and haven't touched it since. I feel a million times better.

If you could step back from the world for a minute and look in on peoples lives, you'd see the ones who are the most unhappy are the ones who end up at the bars/clubs and are the people blowing their paychecks on alcohol to forget their troubles instead of facing them.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I stopped drinking the night I came back from a party on the train I opened the door and stepped out onto a platform.... unfortunately it was the late express train witch does not stop at my city it just passes through and I landed on my face. The trains a few years ago in the UK opened manually...maybe I had something to do with them changing it to automatic

Well to say I stopped drinking might not be accurate, but I drink sensibly now...I don't spill it

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well, apparently, considering you are still alive, you are an above average person.
Kudos.
And have a bloody mary.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

The only real cure for a hangover is to hydrate. Water cures lots of things, hangovers included (or at least it will help it - some hangover just have to linger to remind you of the good ole days).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join