It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I drank enough to kill a normal person last night.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

You are king of the world,then you are a worm eating rotting meat in a McDonalds trash bin.
Yep,I can relate.
Not that I have done that ,mine you,just sort of painting a picture.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Im in your problem right now, but kind of a wierd one,lol.

Went out friday night, stayed up all night, thought i might as well stay up to sort out my sleeping pattern, but ended up going out on saturday night to do the ol' "hair of the dog" trick, got back home at 6am.
Woke at 2pm for the footie, feeling like the smell of Stilton cheese, waiting to go to bed all day and night.

Now it's 5:30am and i still cant sleep! Its like im being trolled by my own body clock!

If only i didnt clear the whiskey on friday night I could have a night cap

p.s. Don't know if this helps any of you lot out there, but the best hangover remedies i find are Lucozade, banana sarnies, fried egg on toast, or pot noodle. Mix and match depending on budget and taste. This is one of the great things i've learned at uni,lol
edit on 13-5-2012 by Trolloks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
reply to post by boncho

You are king of the world,then you are a worm eating rotting meat in a McDonalds trash bin.

You trying to make him feel worse?
If I read a statement like that when I used to get hangovers, that would send me running for the upchuckin bucket..

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by kdog1982

I just don't understand why all the enjoyable experiences always make you feel like ass the following day. It's a cruel world.

Hair of the dog my friend is the best treatment! And after you have a few... you get that same wonderful feeling you had the night before!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

reply to post by boncho

If I read a statement like that when I used to get hangovers, that would send me running for the upchuckin bucket..

Thats the point from an expert.
Don't drink so much that you are hurling.
Know you limits.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I just don't understand why all the enjoyable experiences always make you feel like ass the following day. It's a cruel world.

Aint that the truth. You can say the same thing about women.

No matter what makes you feel good, you have to pay a price.

Not to rub it in or anything Boncho, but I think you can appreciate the humor here.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by yayeeya

Hair of the dog my friend is the best treatment! And after you have a few... you get that same wonderful feeling you had the night before!

I completely agree, you need to get drunk tonight too. If you still feel hung over then get drunk tomorrow as well. Lather rinse and repeat until the hangovers go away! The only part that sucks is when you finally stop drinking you cant get a wink of sleep for the next 3 days... haha
edit on 13-5-2012 by IntegratedInstigator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

reply to post by boncho

Thats the point from an expert.
Don't drink so much that you are hurling.
Know you limits.

There are limits?
I found if I kept drinking, I didn't get sick.

At some point though, you fall asleep

That could have something to do with why I can't drink anymore......

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Nah, you'll be fine.

It's when people get loaded and post stuff on Twitter and Facebook that things can go very pear-shaped.
Nobody likes to be moderated on ATS at some point, but consider what could happen without a caring community.

In SA we had a whole racial Twitter spat between a black and a white model last week.

The white model won a competition for FHM magazine last year.
She claims some black guy made lewd suggestions to her in a supermarket (The Spar), and she later tweeted that she should have punched the K-word (which is our version of the N-word).

Next day she had 40 something complaints against her with our human rights commission, and FHM basically fired her.

Now that's a bad day!

She removed the tweet and sincerely apologized, but the damage was done.

However, that was not the last word on it.
Then a black model tweeted that a firebrand leader (who apparently died of AIDS a while back) and who was famous for singing a political chant about killing the farmers and whites was right, and that all the whites should be killed, because of the white model's racist tweet.
She also later apologized, although nobody seems to have laid a charge against her.

Now the models had a breakfast and a reconciliation, it seems.
Another student was suspended from university for posting a racist comment on his Facebook page.

So don't drink rum and post tweets - it's a self-incrimination industry.
And then you wake up, and you're on the news!

www.iol.co.za...

edit on 13-5-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Well i safely made it back from the beer store.

Time to get this sunday night started right. Lots of alcohol and watching season 7 of Trailer Park Boys on youtube.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Any social device on you when drunk is a bad idea (facebook, twitter, mobile phones).

I hate using touch screens on an everyday basis, but i have to say, i love having a touch screen phone now, just for the reason of my inability to use it when drunk.

Touch screen, protecting people from drunken embaressments and saving jobs since 2010

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Then you get to the point that you realize you just need to quit posting.
Reached my limit.
You all have a wonderful evening.

K

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
reply to post by halfoldman

Any social device on you when drunk is a bad idea (facebook, twitter, mobile phones).

I hate using touch screens on an everyday basis, but i have to say, i love having a touch screen phone now, just for the reason of my inability to use it when drunk.

Touch screen, protecting people from drunken embaressments and saving jobs since 2010

Haha, this is pretty funny and largely true except for that little window between buzzed and hammered where you can still type fairly well, but auto correct starts to misinterpret what you were really trying to say.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
You are The One...!!! Pardon me, but I can barely contain my excitement! For, you see, I come from an ancient order of expert drinkers trained since birth. Our mothers would drink so we could get used to the taste of alcohol through nursing. And for many, many centuries, we have been searching for the one who can survive an impossible amount of alcohol... You see, last night was the final test among many administered, unbeknownst to yourself. We have been watching you for quite some time, my son. You were our last hope... There were 2 other hopefuls, but unfortunately, they did not survive the final test..... You might remember bits and pieces of a particularly crazy night of drinking a while back... Now I can explain what happened. You were being given one of your preliminary tests, and I personally was starting to lose hope, but my mentor at the time, Kenny Rogers, told me to just wait a little longer... then you reached a Zen-like state of drunkenness where you connected momentarily to the All-Thingy which made you aware of our test, the ancient Order, everything! We had to perform a sacred ritual involving several events that probably made you think "wtf?" when you woke up the next day. From that day on, I knew you were the One... But, due to protocols and whatnot, we were required to proceed with the next 10 years or so of training testing and observing you in your most private moments, leading up to the final test you were given last night...

In order to receive your well earned, well deserved blessings that come with being the leader of our order, all yoy have to do is send a $250 application processing fee to our home office in Nigeria along with your Name, address, ss#, and all bank account #s and information so that we can deposit 1,000,000 USD into each account as your first of many payments as leader of our ancient and sacred order. More information regarding where to send your money will be sent to your inbox.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Any social device on you when drunk is a bad idea

I have a feeling im going to end up...sharing some more trailer park boys videos in this thread real soon....

edit on 14-5-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I don't function without one after a big night out. That and 'herbal' remedies to ease the nausea.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Hahaha thank christ I'm not alone

Even worse is that dreaded U2U MESSAGES illuminated icon... oO

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I used to get hangovers.... But now Iam a professional.

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me

than.......

A frontal lobotomy !

keep sane

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join