It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of 3 arrested, abused for taking pictures of tourist attraction at airport

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

She SHOULD sue them, what these cops did was wrong on so many levels. But the injection part without consent made me cringe. That SHOULD be illegal.

These cops have no idea the damage they did to this woman.

It's really sad.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

How SHOCKING! It's gone so far now I don't even know where "back" would be anymore. How outright sickening.

I was questioned in a friendly but pointed way while taking pictures of my college, of all places. Right outside the building holding the photo class, during class time and with school equipment. He said he just wanted to know what I was up to. He was friendly enough, but the "request" to see my Student ID was anything but and I got the distinct impression that failing to produce the right ID quickly would have caused things to turn extremely unfriendly in a hurry. All this despite the fact, any citizen could do what I did. No ID required. It's an open, public campus. (??)

Take the 5th. Thats all I can suggest and what I absolutely will do the moment anything turns from friendly and light to the least bit serious. When I'm not chatting anymore, but being questioned, it won't happen without an attorney. They can arrest and take their chances on it holding up as legitimate, or they can walk away. We'll see how that goes the first time I may be put in that position..but no way will I go through what SHE did. They want anything more than "I choose to exercise my right to remain silent, please give me access to an attorney before any further discussion can happen" they can just go stick it in their ear.

(never forget something folks. The Cops have their OWN Cops and despite what everyone may say, they *DO* fear getting nailed by their own internal version of the police. Those internal cops take great joy in BUSTING the cop giving you a bad time. NEVER hesitate to file a complaint if you think it's legit. Don't let anyone dissuade you. That's the point, to get you not to.)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77

Nancy was physically moved by the two men wearing “Suffolk County Emergency Response Team” jackets to another room. There, another woman who identified herself as a nurse administered, without Nancy’s consent, two injections into Nancy’s arm.

BS. That's when I start to find out names and addresses. For my "revenge".

What did they inject? RDIF chip?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
poor woman.. riot in usa soon?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Take the 5th. Thats all I can suggest and what I absolutely will do the moment anything turns from friendly and light to the least bit serious. When I'm not chatting anymore, but being questioned, it won't happen without an attorney. They can arrest and take their chances on it holding up as legitimate, or they can walk away. We'll see how that goes the first time I may be put in that position..but no way will I go through what SHE did. They want anything more than "I choose to exercise my right to remain silent, please give me access to an attorney before any further discussion can happen" they can just go stick it in their ear.

I take it you've never heard of NDAA where due process has been struck down for suspected "terrorists"?

edit on 14-5-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by HandyDandy

I take it you've never heard of NDAA where due process has been struck down for suspected "terrorists"?

Well, I wrote enough posts on it here and elsewhere. I'd say I'm pretty well aware of the NDAA. After all, outspoken people like me who like playing on the lines may step over some day. I do like knowing how far I'm going to fall if that happens. As you note, the bottom is pretty well beyond measure.

I also don't believe that is likely to be used against anyone so trivial as the woman in this story or someone like me, snapping shots at the college. The first time the NDAA is actually used against an American like Padilla, it's going to be news from coast to coast and for weeks, if not months. Perhaps after that first case has come and gone down, it'll become a real concern. No one cares about who is #2, only #1.

I expect TPTB to be very selective and careful about who they spend that 'first' hit on. They'll make it count. None of us come remotely close to 'making it count', let alone some nice woman they saw an evening of fun in terrorizing. Their crap wouldn't have stood 5 minutes if that situation had been pushed far enough up the chain for political consideration or internal discipline matters to come to mind, IMO.
edit on 14-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: fixed quote

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Fair enough.

I would like to know what they injected her with.

If anyone injects me with something without my permission, I will spend the rest of my days hunting that person down. And down they will go.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Shes the terrorist !people need to wake up.
Taking pics of government helicopter without permission is a crime. We will pepper spray, taser, than into straight jacket before inject some unknown depressant on you before asking question.

Seriously, taking pic for Support the troops campaign get that much "support" ?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

Absolutely on the injection part. I kinda left that alone in my reply because it makes no sense to me for what it could have been?? Why would someone ever be injected with something in an interrogation type situation? The obvious is chemical interrogation and thats...well...it works from what I understand. How the person comes out the other end can vary from hungover to vegetable though.
Obviously not what happened here.

I agree on the sense of outrage if THAT part happened to me. I won't be so delusional as to say I could stop it...but I wouldn't be the only one left hurting.

What the heck is going on these days?? Even suggesting half of what we talk about daily now back in the distant past, like 1999, would have gotten people classified as paranoid in a real illness sense. Now? The world has gone nuts!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
This story doesn't supprise me one bit. When you have filthy nazi SCUM who are willing to use anti terrorism laws against normal people, then this is what happens. And yes, the police are filthy nazi SCUM. It's what they are, and this is what they do.

There will be no revolution for America, because the Nazis are in control. And they have the backing of the police, who are happy to go along with what ever they are told to do. Because they are filthy. Nazi. Scum.

The end.
edit on 14/5/2012 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
reply to post by Renegade2283

I don't know, but there must have been something there for them to make the arrest:

Sheriffs: Woman arrested at air base had guns in car

A Quogue woman remained in custody Monday on a trespassing charge after law enforcement officers found a shotgun, an assault rifle and a cache of ammunition in the front seat of her car, parked just outside the grounds of the Air National Guard base in Westhampton Beach, authorities said. Nancy Genovese, 53, was arrested Thursday night after Air National Guard officials called the Suffolk County sheriffs' office to report that she was "taking pictures of both the air base and surrounding airport property," sheriffs said in a news release.

There is more at the link, I'm just wondering why is this back in the news? I admit I didn;t really search for a "good" link the first time I posted!! LOL This one is a little better!

If that were true why did the FBI conclude no evidence of wrongdoing?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by HandyDandy

Absolutely on the injection part. I kinda left that alone in my reply because it makes no sense to me for what it could have been?? Why would someone ever be injected with something in an interrogation type situation? The obvious is chemical interrogation and thats...well...it works from what I understand. How the person comes out the other end can vary from hungover to vegetable though.
Obviously not what happened here.

I agree on the sense of outrage if THAT part happened to me. I won't be so delusional as to say I could stop it...but I wouldn't be the only one left hurting.

What the heck is going on these days?? Even suggesting half of what we talk about daily now back in the distant past, like 1999, would have gotten people classified as paranoid in a real illness sense. Now? The world has gone nuts!

I may be reading the story incorrectly, but it states she developed a staph infection as a result of being denied the antibiotics that were prescribed for her. Maybe the injection was to address that? The whole story is mind-numbingly infuriating!

Updates on the Nancy Genovese Case...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The authorities never use reason as nothing can soother their paranoia. They also only pick out targets that can't fight back against them in order to make an example out of them. That's how they win, not to mention with their penchant for using intimidation, they're really no better than the bad guys.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Want something thats scary ?
They inject her with HIV!

Thats all you need to start things rolling

But seriously maybe shes reluctant to surrender ? Havent read the article yet. But to have a special team to the scene is bit over do for 1 person arrest.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Phew.
This is very disturbing to read.
You can't take pictures in public without being questioned.

I can't even begin to describe the hatred brewing inside me...
... towards what "we" have allowed to manifest.
Outside of my emotional turmoil, I find that ultimately we the people have to take responsibility.
It's because of our collective ignorance, we allow these unconstitutional acts to occur.
By acts, I mean Patriot, NDAA, etc...

How much further will we let this country slide towards total gov't controlled states?

I don't understand the logic here.
Why and how do we allow this to be "ok"?

Questions that can be answered with a "yes" IMO:
Are we that distracted?
Are we that apathetic?
Did we just "give-up" and hand over our freedom for "security"?

WHY ARE WE GIVING IN?
(answer: we are scared)

edit on 14-5-2012 by havok because: Clarity

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

and you believe her , right ? hook line and sinker ?

oops - course you do - this is ATS any claim of ` ploice brutality ` is believed without question

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I live 20 minutes from there, and I can know why they did it. It is an Air Force Base, not an active one, but many of our politicians come in through there. Since it is a private base, it's not open to the public. Joe Biden I can understand if they take her camera and delete the pictures, I can accept that. But, not arrest or harm the woman.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoctorMobius
reply to post by eleven44

Well you let me know how that revolution goes.
Even if we did "take it back" would lose control completely . Look what happened in New Orleans when they were without cops for a few minutes whole city was a free for all.Dream on

edit on 13-5-2012 by DoctorMobius because: (no reason given)

Deal, I promise to let you know how it goes. Although, by the end of it, there won't be cell phones or computers or many easy ways of getting in touch, so if you could give me a very accurate description of your facial features I will be sure to find you.

In the meantime, please make sure to let me know how it goes to give up, feel weak, have no hope, not try, resort to complaining about how everything is doomed and unfair, and have an all around BS attitude.

I really hope that goes well for you.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

....... but with eleven44 and a crack team of ATS armchair warriors on their side the American people fought and defeated the largest most technologically advanced military in known history.

for the record what exactly am I giving up?
America? what is America? Its an image, a false hope, a fairy tale made up by the government that you hate yet you continue to cling to this idea.
I'm not feeling weak I have plenty of hope ,never said anything was doomed or unfair so now your just making things up.
I said lets all up and leave, as in the government can't rule over us if we left them sitting alone in there poisoned land.
edit on 14-5-2012 by DoctorMobius because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Regarding the injections, there is some hearsay on the website of Nancy's lawyers,

Legal Case Updates

"COMMENT 4: “She was held down and given mystery shots in jail? Sounds more like the x files to me.”

"While I am unsure of Suffolk County’s exact procedures, it is not uncommon for inmates to receive mandatory flu shots and hepatitis vaccinations to help limit the spread of infectious diseases while behind bars. Given Nancy’s situation, I’m sure it only served to heighten her fear of what was happening to her."

It doesn't mention whether she was de-loused in addition to being injected. She was forced to strip naked in front of officers though, so that may have been for lice.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join