Mother of 3 arrested, abused for taking pictures of tourist attraction at airport

page: 1
49
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+15 more 
posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   


Mother of 3 arrested, abused for taking pictures of tourist attraction at airport by Joel McDurmon on May 12, 2012 From the attorneys: This case is a frightening example of what can happen when a photographer encounters ignorant bullies with badges. According to the complaint filed in Federal Court, Nancy Genovese, a mother of three, was driving home on County Road 31 past Gabreski Airport in Suffolk County. Gabreski Airport displays a decorative helicopter shell by the roadway to the public, which is visible to all who pass by.

Nancy Genovese stopped her car on the side of the road across the street from the airport in an area that is open and accessible to the public, and crossed over the road to the airport entryway that is also open and accessible to the public to take a picture of the helicopter display. While still in her car, she took a picture of the decorative helicopter shell with the intention of posting it on her personal “Support Our Troops” web page.


Read full story here:




The story is long, but wow, I feel bad for that woman, stuff like this should be reported on mainstream. This is the world we are living in ladies and gents. Where by simply taking photographs on tourist attractions will get you surrounded by agents and give you hell.

But what was even more outrageous was this part:





Nancy was physically moved by the two men wearing “Suffolk County Emergency Response Team” jackets to another room. There, another woman who identified herself as a nurse administered, without Nancy’s consent, two injections into Nancy’s arm.


People need to wake up and stop this madness. Seriously the quotes doesn't do this story justice, the full story explains much more of what was done to her.
edit on 13-5-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)



+7 more 
posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77
 


We should all just up and leave, leave this country to rot. Why are we even here anymore? There hasn't been a point to being American for a long time.



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77
 


Some eagle-eye lawyer should file suit immediately in this case. She was within her rights to take a picture, as is anyone in a public place. Authority figures have to regain their sense of justice at some point, and may need to be reminded that when they apply injustice too strongly that the public has little recourse but to remind them to become a principled human being again.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Aleister because: edit



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
This is the new norm.

I can only hope that she successfully sues the county and town to the point of bankruptcy. I also hope that the LEO's involved lose their jobs and remain out of work (at least in any LEO or security guard sense) for the remainder of their lives.

This is why I hate people.



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I'm not sure this is the whole story here in these reports, anyway I think it's wrong she was arrested for taking a picture ... if that's all she did, anyway I found this article from a few years ago:

Tipping Point? Glenn Beck Fan Arrested With Guns and Ammo




The New York Post reports a Long Island single mother of three was arrested Thursday for “scouting out and taking pictures” of an Air National Guard base, with an assault rifle, a shotgun and 500 rounds of ammunition in her car. And wouldn’t you know, The Daily Kos finds today that this woman was a big Glenn Beck fan. Luckily this woman was stopped before she could hurt anyone, but it was only a matter of time before a Fox News host like Beck was going to inspire a crazy person to act on their already simmering feelings of government antipathy.



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Geezh, talk about a power trip. I'm surprised the FEDs didn't step in. Hope she get all 70 mil. There was no excuse for all that craziness. Wonder what his beef with her is? She turn him down on a date or something. Did she divorce the guy? Sounds like jilted man.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorMobius
 


In all fairness, your attitude is not American at all.
What, does 'American' mean that we should just have whatever we want whenever we want it and we shouldn't work our asses off for it? NO. It means when SHTF, when people try to take our rights, when the The Man tries to shut us up, when no one is left to stick up for human rights, WE CONTINUE FIGHTING.

That's what it means to be American. Not this sissy, cry baby, oh the world is so horrible I'm going to go run away to somewhere else because problems only exist in America crap.

I'm sorry. I am just as angered by this story as you are. But I am honestly even more angered by your lousy attitude. If that's how you're going to be, leave. We will do better without you.

I'm not usually this aggressive. But come on, take responsibility. Take action. What else are you going to do with your life that is more important than ensuring freedom, TRUE FREEDOM, still has a country to exist in. I know it looks dark. I know that "AmeriKa" is far far away from what "America" is suppose to be. So lets take it back.

Let's take it all back.
edit on 13-5-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Wow, that was a surreal read.

Shocking really. Where is the voice of reason among these 'authorities'? Surely there must be one or two who would question the actions of their colleagues?

I hope, if the story is true, that this lady gets full compensation for her disgraceful treatment.



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This makes me sick. And stories like these keep popping up everyday. It makes me wonder how far they're going to push and push and push us until someone finally fires the shot heard around the world as they say. That's just what our government is waiting for.



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44
reply to post by DoctorMobius
 


In all fairness, your attitude is not American at all.
What, does 'American' mean that we should just have whatever we want whenever we want it and we shouldn't work our asses off for it? NO. It means when SHTF, when people try to take our rights, when the The Man tries to shut us up, when no one is left to stick up for human rights, WE CONTINUE FIGHTING.
...
Let's take it all back.


If I may ask, just how do you suggest we "CONTINUE FIGHTING" and "take it all back" ??

I am curious how you see that as even a possibility.

In a way, I agree with the Doctor. (the sci-fi geek in me had fun saying that)

If there were a place, and empty unclaimed continent that myself and like-minded Americans could go and restart a free America, I would have been their yesterday. The problem is, we are all out of new expanse. The idea of freedom and self government was fortunate to grab hold when it did as we were just reaching the new world, I don't think the idea of it all would have even been possible in the established worlds in Europe and Asia.

I also party agree with you. The only recourse is to fight and to take it back. Unfortunately, they have already stacked the deck in their favor, making any action in the cause of freedom completely impossible.



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77
 





“Suffolk County Emergency Response Team”


SCERT? (Skirt)


Its only gonna get worse, this Govt has all the symptoms of a paranoid schizophrenic
edit on 13-5-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
I'm not sure this is the whole story here in these reports, anyway I think it's wrong she was arrested for taking a picture ... if that's all she did, anyway I found this article from a few years ago:

Tipping Point? Glenn Beck Fan Arrested With Guns and Ammo




The New York Post reports a Long Island single mother of three was arrested Thursday for “scouting out and taking pictures” of an Air National Guard base, with an assault rifle, a shotgun and 500 rounds of ammunition in her car. And wouldn’t you know, The Daily Kos finds today that this woman was a big Glenn Beck fan. Luckily this woman was stopped before she could hurt anyone, but it was only a matter of time before a Fox News host like Beck was going to inspire a crazy person to act on their already simmering feelings of government antipathy.


Were they concerned that she would storm the Air National Guard base with a shotgun?

Or were they assuming that since she had a gun and watched Glenn Beck that she would pose a future threat to the bases security?

Or where they concerned that a mother of three was doing reconnaissance for some terrorist group?

If none of the above then why even care?



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This would be funny if it weren't so sad.
Here in America we like this sort od thing though.
It makes us feel safe from the boogyman.

We know the boogyman is out there 'cuz our Parent tells us everyday that he is trying to blow us all up and kill us 'cuz he hates us for being.........wait for it.......wait for it.........FREE!


I guess they figure if they make us less free, the boogyman won't hate us as much and will go away?

Hmmm.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283
 


I don't know, but there must have been something there for them to make the arrest:

Sheriffs: Woman arrested at air base had guns in car




A Quogue woman remained in custody Monday on a trespassing charge after law enforcement officers found a shotgun, an assault rifle and a cache of ammunition in the front seat of her car, parked just outside the grounds of the Air National Guard base in Westhampton Beach, authorities said. Nancy Genovese, 53, was arrested Thursday night after Air National Guard officials called the Suffolk County sheriffs' office to report that she was "taking pictures of both the air base and surrounding airport property," sheriffs said in a news release.


There is more at the link, I'm just wondering why is this back in the news? I admit I didn;t really search for a "good" link the first time I posted!! LOL This one is a little better!



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
She and her kids are lucky that she wasn't beaten to death.

Ko3



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Good for her though I would have sued for millions too. ITS OUTRAGEOUS.



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44
 

That's the spirit! True patriotism shows in bad times people.

With a defeatist attitude like DoctorMobius just presented, we would have never rebuild our country from ruins.



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09
 


Yeah SS BULLIES. FOURTH REICHT.



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
reply to post by Renegade2283
 


I don't know, but there must have been something there for them to make the arrest:

Sheriffs: Woman arrested at air base had guns in car




A Quogue woman remained in custody Monday on a trespassing charge after law enforcement officers found a shotgun, an assault rifle and a cache of ammunition in the front seat of her car, parked just outside the grounds of the Air National Guard base in Westhampton Beach, authorities said. Nancy Genovese, 53, was arrested Thursday night after Air National Guard officials called the Suffolk County sheriffs' office to report that she was "taking pictures of both the air base and surrounding airport property," sheriffs said in a news release.


There is more at the link, I'm just wondering why is this back in the news? I admit I didn;t really search for a "good" link the first time I posted!! LOL This one is a little better!


Of course there was something to make the arrest warranted. However, that doesnt mean that it was for the reason they say it was. Gandhi was arrested for "something" as well



posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by eleven44
 


Well you let me know how that revolution goes.
Even if we did "take it back" would lose control completely . Look what happened in New Orleans when they were without cops for a few minutes whole city was a free for all.Dream on
edit on 13-5-2012 by DoctorMobius because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
49
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join