It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

49 headless bodies dumped on north Mexico highway

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

MONTERREY, Mexico (AP) — Forty-nine bodies with their heads, hands and feet hacked off were found Sunday dumped on a northern Mexico highway leading to the Texas border in what appeared to be the latest carnage in an escalating war between Mexico's two dominant drug cartels.

Local and federal authorities discovered the bodies before dawn scattered in a pool of blood at the entrance to the town of San Juan, on a highway leading from the metropolis of Monterrey to the border city of Reynosa. A white stone arch welcoming visitors was spray-painted with black letters: "100% Zeta."

Many people believe that the major threat the united states is facing are the conflicts overseas.. Personally, I fear the mexican cartel violence that continues to spill over the border into the United States. Why is it that the US doesnt treat this like a viable threat? Why is it that they dont pull US soldiers on the border to control this issue? It seems like stories like the one above are popping up all the time, gratned this one is IN mexico, but it was still very close to the Texas border. Moving forward, I would love to see this administration, and the next, put more effort into solving this cartel violence issue on the border. The police/border patrol down there arent equipped to handle this HUGE issue, they need more funding, more man power, and more people in D.C. carrying about their well-being as they continue to put their necks on the line against these murderous cartels...

news.yahoo.com...
edit on 13-5-2012 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
San Juan Mexico is about 20 miles from Edinburg Texas.

This happened that close.

And people say border security isn't a priority.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
That is absolutely crazy...
and no solution to this issue has been disscovered?!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaxVeritas

It blows my mind... If it was Al Qaeda on the border they would be tossing EVERY resource at it, but since its the Mexican Cartel they will just toss a few hundred border patrol soldiers at it... We hear stories constantly on these cartel wars hitting US states, but STILL its not a major issue... I guess it wont be a BIG issue until the day comes when someone important dies due to these cartel battles...

Just reading about how these 49 bodies were found just makes my stomach turn... How gruesome and vicious are these people???

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Closing borders is not a cash cow like wars in the M.E. We have the man power and weapons, it's a matter of assigning them to the border states. Obama is not going to touch it. He depends on the illegal voters too much.
IMO the states concerned should ignore the federal govt and assign their own National Guard units. How can Washington complain if you're enforcing their own rules? Sigh, But, they do.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
There are times I think that the Mexican Governement is the drug Cartel and is using violence to get more US funding to fight there own shadow. Chaos / Order ?. Create more fear in the U.S. and get more money?

Banks Financing Cartels

trying to find other sources to this theory.....
edit on 13-5-2012 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537

It blows my mind... If it was Al Qaeda on the border they would be tossing EVERY resource at it, but since its the Mexican Cartel they will just toss a few hundred border patrol soldiers at it... We hear stories constantly on these cartel wars hitting US states, but STILL its not a major issue... I guess it wont be a BIG issue until the day comes when someone important dies due to these cartel battles...

Just reading about how these 49 bodies were found just makes my stomach turn... How gruesome and vicious are these people???

I think it'll become a big issue when some Sheriff or small border town PD finally goes too far by the Cartel's thinking and refuses to back down. Maybe they capture a VIP. Perhaps a shooting occurs and a top Cartel guy gets killed. Whatever causes it, eventually the Cartels will feel the need to come north and stomp an American border community into submission.

When that happens either the Gov't will take it seriously, the border states will or the citizens will be left to do it themselves. Any way it goes, I think that's what it'll take.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
49 huh? 9+4=13

That 13 ends up in interesting places.
edit on 13-5-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
if we could only get those muslim extremist to treat each other this way.....

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I just dont understand why our Govt. acts the way it does, you would think that handling this issue would be a no-brainer
1. Drug trafficking
2. Murders
3. Violence spilling over our borders

What more do they need? They SHOULD be crushing these cartels now...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Nonsense!!! Didn't you see this Huffington Post article?
US-Mexico Border Safety: Area is one of the safest parts of America

MEXICO CITY (Associated Press) — It's one of the safest parts of America, and it's getting safer. It's the U.S.-Mexico border, and even as politicians say more federal troops are needed to fight rising violence, government data obtained by The Associated Press show it actually isn't so dangerous after all.

/sarcasm

Yes you read that correctly! The MSM loves telling us how safe the border is even though the people who live there say otherwise.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

Our government is run by large corporations and not the people.

Iraq, Iran, Libya and Kuwait have the oil with Iraq estimated to be the first oil reserve in the world with more than 360 billion barrels.

Afghanistan has the poppies that make heroin our government imports and uses the monies for their black ops program

en.wikipedia.org...

It's all about the money.

And we are selling arms and military training to other countries via the South Border corridor.

Follow the money.

People do not count - the elite only care about power and money.

Most of the governments, world wide now are corrupt.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
If I were in command, I would begin to consider sending the Special Forces into Mexico.
at least to do recon on the top cartels and their leaders. send in the sniper squad once you have them located.

the cartels operate so smoothly because of how much money they have I would assume based on how lucrative the drug market must be in the United States. so it's either legalize drugs on a federal level with regulations or fight a lengthy battle against disconnected rival drug gangs.

either way it's political points for years to come...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This is all a bi-product of the US drug war and the US economy's dependency on cheap immigrant labor. Welcome to the new world disordered.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Mexican cartels have existed for at least 4 decades without really being noticed. This wave of violence didn't start until the american trained Zetas came on the scene and conveniently switched sides. Some would say that they were put in place by the US to destabilize Mexico so that the US can play a larger role in Mexico's security with support from the citizens of both countries.

NAFTA had a part called the SPP (Security and Prosperity Partnership)

NAFTA’s Dangerous Security Agenda

It is therefore not surprising that NAFTA, the pioneer U.S.-style trade agreement, also became the first FTA to be officially expanded into security. The goals are twofold: to apply the Bush counterterrorism model throughout North America and bring Canadian and Mexican national security apparatus under closer U.S. control and surveillance, and to protect investment and business throughout the region. Under-Secretary of State Thomas Shannon put it succinctly when he said that the SPP "understands North America as a shared economic space," one that "we need to protect." He added: "To a certain extent, we’re armoring NAFTA."

That would be the reason nothing is being done, yet.

edit on 13-5-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I would not be a bit surprised now, if there is not a big take down being planned or in the works.
This situation has reached a critical mass, and something just has to be done about it.
It will take a Seal Team to do this, and they will do a very thorough job, as always.
Of course, IMHO, but I would bet on it.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I hear Mexico City is nice this time of year...

Honestly, are these crimes taking place all over Mexico or is it focused mainly near the border??

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
49 huh? 9+4=13

That 13 ends up in interesting places.
edit on 13-5-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

Don't forget today is the 13th...

That's just insane.

There is just no words for this type of behavior to go on....
edit on 13-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
These people are dead because we refuse to repeal the failed Drug War policies.

That blood is partially on our hands because of our ignorant and arrogant totalitarian policies that seek to govern human bodies directly and prohibit them from choosing what they put into their own bodies.

Now look at what we have? A pile of headless corpses.

I hope the prohibition supporters are happy with the results of their policy mistakes.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven
I hear Mexico City is nice this time of year...

Honestly, are these crimes taking place all over Mexico or is it focused mainly near the border??

I believe the majority of the cartel battles are taking place in Northern Mexico, because thats where all the trafficking routes are to get the product from Mexico to the US..... I remember a few years ago the blood spilled over onto a few resort towns where vacationers were staying... I believe they are avoiding those areas for the most part, and I remember when I was in Tulum, Mexico (4 years ago) which is south of Cancun, they had Mexican army going up and down the beach every day holding assualt rifles, Not exactly what you picture seeing on a tropical vacation...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join