It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TERRORISM: Israeli Tanks Enter Refugee Camp: UPDATE 26 Palestinians Die, 131 Wounded in Gaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
In apparent retaliation for a rocket attack that yesterday killed 2 Israeli preschoolers, IDF tanks pushed into the center of Jebaliya. Jebaliya located in the Gaza Strip in the largest Palestinian refuge camp.

UPDATE: The casualties are mounting in the Palestinian refugee camp of Jebaliya following the IDF incursion into the town center.

story.news.yahoo.com
JEBALIYA REFUGEE CAMP, Gaza Strip - Israeli troops struck deep inside the largest Palestinian refugee camp Thursday, battling masked gunmen in an unprecedented campaign to stop deadly rocket fire on Israeli towns. Twenty-six Palestinians were killed and 131 wounded, the bloodiest single-day toll in fighting in 30 months.

Three Israelis � two soldiers and an Israeli woman jogger � were killed in two Palestinian shooting attacks in northern Gaza.

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon approved a large-scale military operation in the northern Gaza Strip after meeting with advisers late Thursday, an Israeli official said. The plan, a response to the killing of two Israeli children, ages 2 and 4, by a Hamas rocket attack on an Israeli border town Wednesday. However, he stopped short of ordering a call-up of reserves.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This marks the first time that the IDF has entered the center of the camp which it considers to be a militant stronghold. Palestinian gunmen were observed to be taking up positions as the tanks approached. Others threw rocks at the advancing Israeli Armor. Witnesses were quoted as saying that the tank were firing both their machine guns as well as their main guns.

[edit on 30-9-2004 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I am so disgusted at what is going on in this area of the world. And a small % of the population on both sides that are causing all the trouble, politicians. I think the west should leave the area let them figure it out for themselves. It's been going on for MILLENIA. When they're ready, instead of arms we'll sell them chicken McNuggets.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I am so disgusted at what is going on in this area of the world. And a small % of the population on both sides that are causing all the trouble, politicians. I think the west should leave the area let them figure it out for themselves. It's been going on for MILLENIA. When they're ready, instead of arms we'll sell them chicken McNuggets.

Its always that way. Even here in the US the extremest groups can cause alot of trouble. ABout the McNuggets, am I the only one concerned by the fact that thier adds all saw "NOW With White Meat"? What the heck were they usuing before

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I think the west should leave the area let them figure it out for themselves.

I agree, if that means the U.S. takes back the tanks, armored vehicles, missiles, grenades, mines, etc., that it has given the Israelis to use in their oppression of the Palestinian population. There are "bad guys" on both sides. Let them fight each other on a leval p;laying field. Perhaps a better solution is to condition further U.S. aid to Israel on a requirement that Israel comply with the rules of war and the Geneva Convention and that it allow full news coverage of its adventures against Palestinians. Contemporaneous uncensored video coverage could change the situation overnight.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
This story has been updated to include the number of dead and wounded in this attack. Please follow the revised link in the main story for more details

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The US has killed many innocents in its war in Iraq... Let us say that they accidentally killed 2 children in a random bombing (probably happens weekly). Would we see any fairness in an Iraqi mob taking out an entire US base in retribution... NO...
We would be saying how terrible these people are that they target whole families of the military as well as the soldiers in the base. How can they justify the intentional killing of so many for the accidental killing of a couple of civilians...(which i am sure would feel bad about, but such is the price of war...)

new topics

top topics

join