It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Despite the obvious signs the US is breaking apart how come people still think "This is nothing"?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Despite the obvious signs the US economy is breaking apart how com people still think "Oh nothing is gonna happen"?

They believe that oh the economic problem is just a minor problem that will be fixed in no time.

I mean whenever I tried to convince my family and friends there is going to be a looming collapse they keep saying "No it's not gonna happen and stop seeing this kind of crap."

Why who made them think that way?

I mean even the mainstream media is now saying the possiblity of the fall of the American Empire

www.cbsnews.com...

Every time I ponder about this I wonder if I'm one of the only few sane person in the area

What will happen when the economic collapse really did happened? what will be their reactions?

edit on 13-5-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
It's not that we think it's nothing. Most of us just don't care.

+1 more 
posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Avalessa

i would like to add,

as long as people can still buy their $4 coffee, read their kindle, and surf the web, no one will care.

nothing will change until the "comforts" that people enjoy are gone or too expensive.

-subfab

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I believe the term is willful ignorance. People cant see it because they dont want to see it

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Avalessa

Well When riots are coming that's when you'll start to care

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by subfab

Hmmm that happens to college graduates. They used to have all the comforts you mentioned but due to them unable to find a job they increasingly becoming much more discontent with reality of the situation

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

There will always be a duality between member-groups; namely, those

- ... who see what is going on around them, and are concerned.
- ... who genuinely don't give a f**k. (whether by ignorance, or apathy).

Really, society needs both groups in my mind. Even if we do assume that the Media and TPTB are driving the concept that "Uh, yeah, Society is on its way out, Panic y'all", then as long as there is an equal number (in action-factor, not necessarily headcount) in both sides of the affected, then things will carry on as usual.

Everyone is Awake? Revolution, the fall of Order.

Everyone is Asleep? Stale Society, the 'Battle' lost.

A bit of both? Business as Usual...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I remember hearing a prophecy about how everyone will be trying to make as much money right before the revelation to prepare. I also remember that men will be fleeing to the mountains and all this and that. Kind of reminds me of the way the economy is functioning right now.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
As long as the majority still have a job, money in their pocket and a roof over their head, they feel secure. The moment that the majority lose these necessities the people will wake up and than the shtf. .

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Nice avatar. Pretty good job on that one.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Maybe it's an engineered thing. The corrupt idiots from here in Europe and some other places have had this planned for a long time, and they're going to try pulling off a financial collapse + civil war, then they sweep in like heroes to restore peace and bring in the NWO, etc. I usually think this stuff is just mad, but when you look at what's happening right now, I'm sometimes not so sure.

I just hope you can fend these muppets off and get your "real" constitution restored if so. (the fact that they attack it so much and have done for so long just proves how much they fear it.) Not the fake one that was implemented that pretty much turned America into a corporation.

I don't get why so many people give American people stick either. I really think most of the problems have just been created to cause the current situation over there, and to blame the average American is just completely and utterly wrong.
edit on 13-5-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Maybe because some of us have been around long enough to have seen much harder economic times and have heard all the nonsense before?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by derpest
reply to post by starwarsisreal

There will always be a duality between member-groups; namely, those

- ... who see what is going on around them, and are concerned.
- ... who genuinely don't give a f**k. (whether by ignorance, or apathy).

Really, society needs both groups in my mind. Even if we do assume that the Media and TPTB are driving the concept that "Uh, yeah, Society is on its way out, Panic y'all", then as long as there is an equal number (in action-factor, not necessarily headcount) in both sides of the affected, then things will carry on as usual.

Everyone is Asleep? Stale Society, the 'Battle' lost.

A bit of both? Business as Usual...

It starts off SOUNDING BAD, with "the fall of order", then that will progress into something thats probably better as business as usual or losing the battle. "The fall of Order" is how # changes. Whos scared?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Despite the obvious signs the US economy is breaking apart how com people still think "Oh nothing is gonna happen"?

They believe that oh the economic problem is just a minor problem that will be fixed in no time.

Empires rise and fall. No one stays on top forever. You are probably right, it's not like American has not seen bad time before. Other countries face economic collapse yet most people survive it with some hardships. It is probably worse if it happens as a mild collapse and not everyone is affected. There will be many cast out into the streets and the others not severely effected who will show little sympathy. Those effected folks won't be allowed to pitch a tent in city parks to maintain a shelter from the rain, but if it gets bad enough that everyone is out in the streets there would be some governmental changes of heart and rule. It will only get that bad if the collapse is accompanied by a huge natural disaster. Don't worry, the government, law enforcement, and the unaffected will still be prickish.

Why who made them think that way?

I mean even the mainstream media is now saying the possiblity of the fall of the American Empire

www.cbsnews.com...

Every time I ponder about this I wonder if I'm the the only few sane person in the area

What will happen happen when the economic collapse really did happened? what will be their reactions?

What will be your reaction? You may not wish to prey on people's misery but it will create opportunity for many to make a killing if they play it right. In the mean time, you may wish to put yourself in the best position possible to weather an economic storm. Pay off your debts and have something that will not be taken away from you if you suddenly can't continue to pay for it. You may not realize this but in many other countries people own their homes outright. In the US that is possible to do but the system is made for you to only hold it temporarily and can easily lose it.

It couldn't hurt much to be prepared for a "just in case" scenario, but who knows for sure if and when it could all come crashing down, if ever in our lifetime?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I get frustrated too.... I hardly bother trying to wake anyone up anymore.

Been thinking a great deal about why it is that so many people can look straight at something that's obviously **cked up and either shrug "who cares" or resort to bizarre attempts to rationalize it. This is the conclusion I've come to:

It's a combination of several things.

1) Cognitive dissonance is a psychological defence mechanism that buffers people from feelings of helpless horror.

2) At all times there are always people who make allegations of the end of the world, etc. and most of the time they are wrong and anyone who fell for it is left looking foolish. Since most people dread embarrassment more than anything else, they'll prefer to side with the seemingly calm, cool "rational" view that nothing serious is happening. And, for most periods in history, it's true- no major shakeups of the social order occur and the alarmists were mistaken. But most is not always- there have been plenty of times in human history where things have changed dramatically and quickly, and big lies were exposed. I think this is one of those exceptional times.

3) "Expert" worship. Many people have willingly delegated almost almost all their thinking to "experts" and have a near blind faith in the apparent order of society. They don't think critically and their common sense has atrophied. They are lazy. If the "experts" featured on the news say "don't worry" they don't worry. Many of the people who are most guilty of this one are well educated themselves and are thoroughly indoctrinated into the dominant views of the universities and their professions. To admit that they've been lied to and are living and perpetuating the lie themselves is a bit too much to handle.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

But this is different the economic problems is greater than what happens in the 1970s and the 80s.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

Think that's a great post, well said!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Only the economic collapse in America is much worse because nobody is gonna save Americans

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I think there are two reasons to this:

1. People are used to the fact that the US has been a strong country for a while and like to believe it will continue to be so. Can you blame them? They've been living under very well conditions for a while now and just refuse to believe otherwise.

2. Some people just don't give a damn, like what most said here.

But what I see is a cultural decline of an 'empire' and this will be followed by the fall of the empire itself since well, history suggests that even the most advanced empires crumble. What goes up, must come down.
edit on 13-5-2012 by nusnus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I work for the weekend friend. I know it all can fall apart at any time, but why sit and dwell on it?

I work my butt off to make the weekly paycheck to pay the bills and try to have a little fun.

If it ever goes down then we will deal with it.

I am not affraid of having to make a change if needed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join