It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wild Elephants gather inexplicably, mourn death of “Elephant Whisperer”

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Oh my this is one hell of a nice story to talk about. Just finished reading the whole story and it was amazing. There are just somethings around us that science is yet to explain. This is my first time to see an event like this mostly between a human and elephants. Thank you for sharing OP S&F

edit on 5/14/2012 by Labdarex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

S&F Thank you for posting this. It's easy enough to lose faith in human beings, it's spiritual sustenance to be reminded of Love. (I've been re-reading "Mein Kampf.") Generally, we humans grossly under-estimate the intelligence & awareness of animals.

I don’t know how many here have seen this. I saw this for the first time some years ago.

Watch an elephant artist paint an elephant with a flower:

www.youtube.com...

I can’t think of elephants without thinking of Ganesh:

“Ganesha, also spelled Ganesa or Ganesh, also known as Ganapati, Vinayaka, and Pillaiyar, is one of the deities best-known and most widely worshipped in the Hindu pantheon. His image is found throughout India and Nepal. Hindu sects worship him regardless of affiliations.] Devotion to Ganesha is widely diffused and extends to Jains, Buddhists, and beyond India.”

“Although he is known by many other attributes, Ganesha's elephant head makes him particularly easy to identify. Ganesha is widely revered as the Remover of Obstacles and more generally as Lord of Beginnings and Lord of Obstacles (Vighnesha , Vighneshvara ), patron of arts and sciences, and the deva of INTELLECT and WISDOM. He is honoured at the beginning of rituals and ceremonies and invoked as Patron of Letters during writing sessions.”

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

truly insparational
what a brave man!
he saved their lives and they say an elephant never forgets!

thanks for posting onehuman
S+F

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

This is an incredibly sad day... I know this story well and have been meaning to visit the reserve and the elephants for some time.

Can't believe he is gone...

When he got married (it was a surprise occasion - organised by his now wife) the elephants showed up there too!!

Great loss for South Africa and the Elephants...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
We are touched by such animal stories...
We kill each other on daily basis and call it for peace and honor, usually without regret and sometime celebrate it.

We never learn what we saw. if animals could speak, they will say this
'You guys are dumb'

p/s: The aliens have same perception too, they dont bother hanging out with dumbs.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
WOW Elephants going to pay respects of a Loved One that has Passed that Saved them
On their Own with Out Actually any Contact of information miles Away !

Explain this One Science !! just how would they Know ? a Whole Trail Herd of them

Hmm a Kinda Sorta Telepathy Among them ! ? of the Deceased ?

and we thought Humans were Only Mediums !

Who knows that an Elephants Brain is Capable of

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
Even though this is a sad story in one aspect, it is also a incredible story as well. They mystery and magic of the animal kingdom never ceases to amaze me. I have to ay for me, sad as it is, I also find myself having a feel good moment as well about it. Hope it stirs you folks as well in some wondrous way.

Here is a couple snips of the story:

For 12 hours, two herds of wild South African elephants slowly made their way through the Zululand bush until they reached the house of late author Lawrence Anthony, the conservationist who saved their lives.The formerly violent, rogue elephants, destined to be shot a few years ago as pests, were rescued and rehabilitated by Anthony, who had grown up in the bush and was known as the “Elephant Whisperer.”

For two days the herds loitered at Anthony’s rural compound on the vast Thula Thula game reserve in the South African KwaZulu – to say good-bye to the man they loved. But how did they know he had died March 7? Known for his unique ability to calm traumatized elephants, Anthony had become a legend. He is the author of three books, Baghdad Ark, detailing his efforts to rescue the animals at Baghdad Zoo during the Iraqi war, the forthcoming The Last Rhinos, and his bestselling The Elephant Whisperer.

To read the rest of the story and see pictures of the herds, CLICK HERE

Thanks for sharing, wonderful and touching tale, almost moved me to tears. Animals may not be as smart as us but they can definitely feel and sense. And judging from the way humans are treating them I wouldn't consider those elephants "wild", just deeply and naturally resentful at the deprival of their freedom and murder of their relatives through no fault of their own. Much thanks to Lawrence Anthony for saving those creatures' lives and may his soul rest in peace.

Much credit too to whites as we seem to be the only ones who go out of our way to save and preserve wildlife throughout the world. I have yet to see a negro, arab, or asian go out of their way to do something for the benefit of the planet, rather than whine about western oppression while flooding our countries with their unwanted presence and lapping up our culture and technology like a 70 year old whore with her first client. The world certainly benefits the most from our control of it.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

What a wonderful, touching story. Thank you so much for posting this

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

great post!

once again it shows that all, animals and humans alike are interconnected.... animals access the "force", and humans can too, though we need to train ourselves of what we once used to be able to do............

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Very touching. Thank you for posting Sir.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

The world will be a much poorer place without such a remarkable person in it,elephants are surely one of the most amazing species on our planet,they do posses an edxtraordinary sense of perception when it comes to the trauma or death of one of their own,of whom the elephant whisperer was surely one.

One of the saddest things that I have ever seen involved a group of baby and juvenile elephants in Rwanda who had witnessed their elder family members being butchered for their ivory,it took many many months and sometimes years of the care of dedicated "elephant whisperers"to help those little ones over their PTSD(their symptoms were exactly like those of human sufferers) and to teach them that not all humans were like those who murdered their families.Those who devote their lives to the care of these magnificent creatures are all truly wonderful people.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
That is a touching story. Thank you for shareing. It truly is amazing how some humans just have such a great bond with animals to that extent.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

I'm not being funny but its more likely the Elephants came as they were wondering why Anthony hadnt been to see them not because they sensed he was dead!! I would say its only after he didnt show to say hello to the Elephants that they realised he had gone!

Its like if you have a dog and let it loose over the forest.... it will find its way back to you...

Still.... all animals are/have amazing abilities....

I'd really be interested to know what these birds talk about when i hear them in the trees!!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightwalk

Wow man- thanks for contaminating a great story with your bigoted tirade.

S&F op.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Maybe it has something to do with Mirror neurons

A mirror neuron is a neuron that fires both when an animal acts and when the animal observes the same action performed by another.[1][2][3] Thus, the neuron "mirrors" the behaviour of the other, as though the observer were itself acting. Such neurons have been directly observed in primate and other species including birds. In humans, brain activity consistent with that of mirror neurons has been found in the premotor cortex, the supplementary motor area, the primary somatosensory cortex and the inferior parietal cortex.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

So by your reasoning they waited for over a year and half and then a day or two after he dies they suddenly think "we haven't seen him for such a long time let's just pop over and say hello" what a wonderful coincidence!

This thread just goes to prove how presumtuous humans are to think that we are the only sentient beings on this planet and that we are above all else just because we have the means to kill any living being (and we do), human or animal, just because they are getting in the way or we need that space that, in truth, belongs to them, the animals!

It's time humans got over themselves! We are not the greatest invention since the Garden of Eden!

Thanks for this thread OP! S&F!
edit on 14/5/12 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14/5/12 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
S&F OP

Goes to show how obnoxious, ignorant and self centered majority of humanity really is.

RIP Lawrence Anthony.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Someone must have made a trunk call.

(For the non-Brits, a trunk call is old UK terminology for a long distance telephone call).

Sorry, just had to make that joke.

I wasn't aware of this guy, but having briefly had the pleasure of seeing elephants in the wild, and how intimidating they are, he had to be a very brave man to befriend them. It is sad that he has passed on.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I've seen a horse whisperer in action and i can believe that part of the story. But elephants miles away sensed this guy's death, i'm gonna call bull on that part of the story. All these elephants going to his compound was either habit or a coincidence.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I'm not buying it but now that this story is out, many will buy the next book.
Very clever.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join