It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you notice any cosmic changes on January 1, 2000?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
We all know Y2K was a dud, but did you FEEL like the world changed? Like it wasn't quite the same? It kinda seems like this millennium isn't really authentic, like it is disconnected from the rest of the time line ... almost like it is just a copy of the 'real' world which is now gone or something.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lampsalot
We all know Y2K was a dud, but did you FEEL like the world changed? Like it wasn't quite the same? It kinda seems like this millennium isn't really authentic, like it is disconnected from the rest of the time line ... almost like it is just a copy of the 'real' world which is now gone or something.

I don't even remember where I was on January 1, 2000, but I DO know it was the first day of the last year of the last century and that the first day of the 21st century was January 1, 2001.

I don't even remember where I was on January 1, 2001, either.

So, no, I have no feelings of any cosmic changes. no feeling of being disconnected from the "rest of the timeline" and I'm pretty sure we;ve just been 'keepin' on keepin' on.'

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lampsalot

I really thought the sheep would stop following the charlatans but alas the year 2k came along and now they still follow.

I woke up with three women in my bed and they definitley had a cosmic experience i'm sure as i did

well it was not all bad these end of the world things.bring on the 2012 december my luck might be in again as my mates holding a big party and lots of women to comfort he hee.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
My world changed because my husband had just been killed while serving in the Army in Kosovo. For me that was my Y2k

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Jan 1 2000 was 23 days before my 1st child was born, I was in the 1st year of marriage. We had just bought our house. My wife was insisting that I child-proof everything (impossible) . My car kept breaking down . So yeah I felt a little out of sorts but at least my computer didn't crash.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Babooshka77
My world changed because my husband had just been killed while serving in the Army in Kosovo. For me that was my Y2k

Aw I'm sorry to hear that!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I was partying on the beach with my family and everything was calm. Just as the countdown reach zero however, a strong wind surged from the ocean and took flight every picnic knick-knack along that beach.

You could see the surprise on everyone's faces and know what they were thinking

edit on 13/5/2012 by Planet teleX because: still what?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Planet teleX
I was partying on the beach with my family and everything was calm. Just as the countdown reach zero however, a strong wind surged from the ocean and took flight every picnic knick-knack along that beach.

You could see the surprise on everyone's faces and know what they were thinking

edit on 13/5/2012 by Planet teleX because: still what?

haha

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Dressed to the 9s the night before, even with a black feather boa. What I remember about that day was how I was thinking NYE sucked and I got dressed up for nothing, didn't get as drunk as I'd hoped, and woke up in a nasty apartment down in Champaign, Illinois at U of I, full of smelly, hungover people.

The only other thing that stands out is that the temperature outside was so incredibly warm, I wore a t-shirt on my trip back north, pointed towards home

If we are going to debate NYE 2000/2001, I will say the following year was almost a duplicate scene except I was in an apartment in Chicago and the feather boa was replaced by fuschia highlights in my hair. Oh... and I was in a whirlwind romance and newly engaged (still married), but the NYE party still sucked as much as ever! lol

Maybe it was being at the ripe old age of 22/23 or maybe it had cosmic significance, but those were the years that I realized NYE is amateur hour and it always sucks and always will!

edit on 14-5-2012 by mountaingirl1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I've always felt like 1990 was a more meaningful boundary than 2000, because of the fall of communism and the invention of the Web. though those things actually more happened from 1989 to 1991.

top topics

join