It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your religion does not matter

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AManYouALL

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
I have faith in myself, therefore all others, that they are what they are.

There are far too many words and not enough all at once.

But wait, there's more..................

Just grateful.

How would you describe faith, what is it to you?

I only possessed hope and pain for the longest time (in equal measures), that there was something more, could not see what was right in front of my 'face', let alone the deep deep fear, that resided within, now...
A thing that is observed is changed.
There is more, there is less...and quite possibly you never get to the end of it, perhaps you do. The lack of fear is not missed, this doesn't mean that I will not create a fear for myself in the future,. I have faith in myself, a belief, I will not forget myself and be other than I am, should that day come, I guess it is but a memory. Faith/belief.
Is a memory.

Our history is for a reason, it doesn't matter what reason, the reason exists. Am I to know the why's of everything? Who do I think I am?
Perhaps I am just me, and just like you.

Even in it's simplest form, the label matters not, in any form.

There is mostly just awe, breathless awe for them both, and myself/everyone/everything.

What a thing!
x

Your turn brother...

What is it to you?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowtomonkey
reply to post by FRATERPERDURABO

What are the signals that the universe sends us that tellsl us belief can become faith? This is the heart of my question: How does belief lead to faith?

It doesn't. That which dictates that something is real is feeding it's belly. Hunger develops - life feeds in more complex ways. Therefore faith is a drive, a story, your story in your chosen context according to your needs.

'Belief' if you like, is what is actually there. What is real never changes. Faith accepts the real, but doesn't know what it is. It's a view-point, see?

no, i do not see.

"faith" = "consumption"?

or "faith" = "a story"?

"what is real never changes" : this not my experience.

what is "real" anyway? Think about what it is that really motivates us, the forces that lie underneath or concious awareness. In that context, what is "real"?

and finally: "belief" knoes whats "there" but "faith" does not?

i'm confused

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Your turn brother...

What is it to you?

Thank you for the beautiful heart felt reply. It is quite interesting the various views on such topics.

As for faith to me, I really do not know what it is or if I have it.

I see this world we are living in, the pain and suffering all around me. I see what causes the pain and suffering and I see that so many are unwilling to make the necessary changes that would eliminate it, simple changes, yet so few are willing to make them. Most often it is out of fear of further pain and suffering, and I wish oh how I wish I could take it all for them.

Something inside me, I do not know what to call it, but something other than what I know myself to be drives me, urges me onward to keep reaching out to as many as will listen. It urges me to comfort them when they hurt, to reason with them when they ere, to forgive them when they shut the door, to heal them when I can, and to warn of further danger when I see it.

Mostly, it is a struggle in futility because I rarely see any direct change with my own eyes so I do not know if I have changed anything at all. I am burdened with the whole worlds problems, but that thing within me assures me that just as a drop of water to an ocean adds to it's total volume, my labor too increases the love in this world.

I do not see it, I do not feel it, I cannot even adequately describe it, but it drives me whipping my conscience into action.

Faith must be tears to me, for I shed a lot of them for this world.

edit on 15-5-2012 by AManYouALL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

I thought this was going to be a great thread until I read that the OP didn't realize he/she wasn't human. After that I considered it for the trash bin and not worth keeping up with.

And I suppose you are 100% carbon based human being? That being said, how do you explain the ALIEN DNA is the Human Genome?

Alien Genes Found in Human DNA

Scientific Discovery: We Occupy "Animal" Bodies

DNA proof that the starchild skull is Alien

If you are so adamant about completely discarding any and all belief that there are Alien Hybrids on this planet right now, and that in a future time they will be charged with helping you, then I reckon you have other plans to get off a dying world? Good luck with that.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Hi there, MamaJ. I know with certainty that my Spirit does not need a body, however, being as I have lived in one for so many years, it is comfortable for me. Once while in Astral Travel I happened upon a shiny metallic object, and saw my Astral Self in repose. I looked like a ball of energy about the size of a softball at the time. I am sure it is bigger now, that was many years ago.

I like your Avatar, MamaJ, it looks quite a bit like my Spirit Guide, which is two who are one, at least that is how I see it. I met them in 1999. Is this what your Guide looks like?

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Im not certain of death.... im not certain of anything other than thoughts are processing somewhere that makes me think and experience. Lol

That is good, and always be of that thought. Do not have these obsessions with death like some do. Only the carbon based body dies, the Spirit is Immortal. When a Spirit is as old as I am, having lived in many human bodies, one tends to wish for some rest, but in truth, R&R comes only after mission completion.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'll be gone for a few days everyone, so do not think I have abandoned this thread with my absence. Keep it going if you wish. We have some great somethings here and a lot of learning about something going on.

Fill the coffers!

edit on 15-5-2012 by AManYouALL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

What does matter is that you are here. You are here with power. You are here with the full authority of yourself to do what it is that you come to do. It is a rare treat to be in your presence. Never again will I ever have a chance to interact with another YOU once you have passed on. I do not know anything about you or your motivations nor you mine. But, despite the enormity of the odds against our meeting, here we are.

May a soft shoulder and gentle love, comfort your tears until they are done, for you are loved, or else you would not be.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Therefore faith is a drive, a story, your story in your chosen context according to your needs.

I'll tell you a story, bowtomonkey: my story.

It starts with a young man, steeped in science fiction, science, and creativity. This young man had decided that Albert Camus' conceptualization of the universe was correct, namely, that 'all' is a vast cold 'equation' working itself out in some grandly complex way, and that all meaning was "chosen" meaning and not inherent in our existence.

And so this boy lived and learned, became skilled and participated in our consensus reality. He made an ego out of skill and accomplishment, and in those dark hours (sometimes days) when this was not enough or when everything just made absolutely no sense at all... he just 'managed' , taking those dark hours and days as part of the overall experience that is 'life'.

Until the day that that construct of an ego got shattered. A series of real life events leading to what or society would call "failure". The ego that had been made of skill and accomplishment dissolved when the evidence of it's 'truth' also dissolved.

That was dark time.

However, this boy was a bit stubborn, so instead of dieing, he decided that he just needed to learn more and embarked upon another adventure into academia. This time, though (15 years after the first time), he decided to include studies of the heart and body as well: those two being expressed as a study in western esoteric thought and meditative yoga.

Still occasionally suffering from the deep meaninglessness that 'upheld' his life, he learned. He made sense of much of science and began to see some real truth in much of esoteric thought. Truth left out, or unexplained by science or traditional 'religion'. He became skilled at yoga and began (after many years) to really experience the benefits of this practice.

Still the vast unexplained 'meaninglessness' lurked in every 'dark' moment of his life.... that neither 'love' (dark as he was, this boy still had many friends and never lacked female companionship) nor 'skill' could dispel.

Until one day when a teacher pointed out a new way to visualize 'connecting' to the energy that surrounds us. It just made 'sense' to him. And so he included this 'idea' into his physical practice. As this practice grew, the 'visualization' became 'verbalization': what started as an idea became a word. That word was "hello". For a number of years, it was just "hello". Not really 'believing', mind you, just doing and observing.

Yoga is also a practice of observation and attention towards one's body, and in observing his body's slow response to continual 'care', he became adept at observing his emotional responses as well. Those that practice yoga and are also observant find that the benefits of the practice sort of 'creep' up. Unlike the immediate response to a 'drug' or 'substance' the goodness is not instant, but delayed: if your back hurts, a yoga session will not immediately 'fix' it, but somehow, a couple of hours later, you've complete forgotten about it....

Well, as the months went by, this boy observed that the daily "hello"s (which he had begun to call 'prayer') had an even more subtle affect. Life just seemed a little bit easier. Laughter came more easily. The unknowns associated with risk became less scary: a confidence in his ability to find manageable solutions became stronger and the stories that his fears whispered to him became less compelling.

Encouraged by this 'evidence' he began to explore emotional and 'magikal' practices more deeply.

And then one day, a series of events, led to an experience so profound, that he is still reeling with confusion and wonder. And "observation" became "belief". And "hello" became "i love you".

and possibly some (verbally inexpressible) idea of what "faith" might be.

and i feel that it is *much* more than a story, tho it might begin with one.....

/shrug

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

May a soft shoulder and gentle love, comfort your tears until they are done, for you are loved, or else you would not be.

Thank you my sister. I know I am loved, that is where the tears come from. They fall for those who do not know they are loved.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by MamaJ

Hi there, MamaJ. I know with certainty that my Spirit does not need a body, however, being as I have lived in one for so many years, it is comfortable for me. Once while in Astral Travel I happened upon a shiny metallic object, and saw my Astral Self in repose. I looked like a ball of energy about the size of a softball at the time. I am sure it is bigger now, that was many years ago.

I like your Avatar, MamaJ, it looks quite a bit like my Spirit Guide, which is two who are one, at least that is how I see it. I met them in 1999. Is this what your Guide looks like?

Hi there autowrench....always do love your thoughts on any given subject.....you are always open and I myself that in itself is a wonderful gift to acquire.

I have many opinions and my opinions are based off studying others works unless it is from my own experience. I cannot remember ever leaving my body at any given time but I do have memories or so I think are memories from right before transformation into this world via my mamas womb. Because of those memories I have grown up knowing there was more to me and you than meets the eye. The more I gather information the more jaw dropping ideas I stumble upon.

For this reason I choose no religion. Also, I love what Jesus represented so I try to live like him as laughable as it is sometimes. I do try. Why him? Becuase I admire him more than anyone..... He too didnt go with the dogma of religion or so I have gathered so far in my almost 40 years of seeking. I love all ideas as they are as unique as each of us and I feel as though I learn from each, regardless.

I am hopeful I have a spirit guide as I do believe in them but they have yet to introduce themselves to me. I ask all the time to be used for good so again my hope is I am even though sometimes I may not know that is what is going on.

My avatar is beautiful, thank you..... Thats why I picked her. Maybe my guide looks like her too. Lol

I love learning and talking about all the unknowns... God especially.... The Universe is quite telling especially for the ones who connect with it on a spiritual level. U

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I enjoyed reading your story. If I were to write a story it would require writing a book. Although Im sure your story could be much longer too.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Well now that is interesting....I started writing a novel/book, but after learning the power of words I'm not sure I can/should finish it.

It has become more of a responsibility not to throw out willy nilly volumes of words which have been said before.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I didn't say I was Human. I am who I am.

Don't pose to be something you are not. Not a direct attack on you, but you are human. One doesn't state and mention their uniqueness as if to flaunt it in mystery if they know they are different.

Your statements so far have been vague, and those who have not already come to realize them on their own are either too young to do so or have ignored the lessons life has taught them.

Vague statements that can fit into a multitude of complex scenarios is an amateur manipulative strategy that is child's play. Please agree to the rules you abided to while posting and do not "troll" the users on these forums.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slayton
Don't pose to be something you are not. Not a direct attack on you, but you are human. One doesn't state and mention their uniqueness as if to flaunt it in mystery if they know they are different.

Pose to be something I am not? Sorry friend, my difficulty has been getting people to believe I am who I am.

Your statements so far have been vague, and those who have not already come to realize them on their own are either too young to do so or have ignored the lessons life has taught them.

Vague statements that can fit into a multitude of complex scenarios is an amateur manipulative strategy that is child's play. Please agree to the rules you abided to while posting and do not "troll" the users on these forums.

Your accusations are vague. Would you mind exemplifying them? Perhaps you have some great insight you would like to share of your own?

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Welcome to the wedding feast everyone. Here we will feast on the bread and wine of the new age. The bread is symbolic of words of course, words which lead to understanding, and the wine is the spirit of fellowship through which we will refresh ourselves. The is the first supper of the new age.

Now some of you may be wondering by what authority do I have to make such a statement. My authority is founded on the spirit of prophecy and is already well documented here under the name IAMIAM. You can research it for yourself, take my word for it, or consider this...

I already yielded to every one else's authority and no one has done this. Thus my authority is proven by having done the work.

Here in this gathering we will discuss the nature of us and our reality and come to an agreeable understanding whereby all can live in peace. Some things will hurt your ears to hear. Some things will shake your spiritual temple to the core. This is ok. If your temple collapses, you will be equipped to build it new and on solid ground.

I am here only as a guide. However, as I am the one who opened this forum, I am also the one trusted with it's completion. I will rule this forum with my staff of iron. What staff is this you ask? Well the staff of ATS of course. They will ensure that manners and decorum are maintained through out this thread. To prove the power of this staff, I used it on myself first. If the staff can be used to take me out, you better believe it can be used on you as well. So, please do not tempt me or the staff.

You will see many things here that may disturb your senses. There will be those who come in and growl and snarl in unintelligible words. Pay them no mind. They are my dogs and they have come to eat off the scraps of our table. Let them eat, pet them if you wish, but do not antagonize them. If they get out of hand, the staff will deal with them.

If you have brought something to share, feel free to pass it around. Our table is made more bountiful by the charity of all. If you have come empty handed, you will not hunger or thirst here. Make yourself comfortable and enjoy yourself.

Rejoice that you are here! You came of your own free will, heeding what ever called you to come here. Let it be with purpose then that you stay.

This is a room unlike any other and many of you are unfamiliar with the layout. This will be made clear in subsequent posts.

Now before I begin with the opening ceremonies of this sublime event, there are many more that I would like to join us. So, once again I will be leaving this thread to go deliver invitations personally. If you know anyone who would like to participate, feel free to invite them likewise.

In my absence, please enjoy a few selections of music appropriate for the scene...

Add your own selections, this is a party afterall!

If you have not heard, the world has been judged!

Consider the judgement as it applies here.

Judgement Day

So, if you choose to participate you will be given all respect due a King of this world. Try to reciprocate with those you interact with here.

See you all soon!

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Pose to be something I am not? Sorry friend, my difficulty has been getting people to believe I am who I am.

Your accusations are vague. Would you mind exemplifying them? Perhaps you have some great insight you would like to share of your own?

Those accusations are not vague. Vague would imply no direction, they were directed at you. Using my own words against me shows that you are a heavily dependent on others for a sense of self acknowledgement.

Also, typing in verbal paradox (I am who I am) is ridiculous (aside from poetry and a few other things). It reflects on your lack of direction with conversation. Instead of guiding it, you are attempting to "sandbox" the conversation, to keep it on a general subject but to allow people to go where they want, essentially emulating as if they are talking to themselves.

Don't worry, I'll let you do your thing and round up more sheeple, there isn't much I can do with a post that will get buried.

Oh, but to throw you a bone, I can tell all this about you, based on reading just your OP. If you are something more, than you should be able to understand me just as easily. I'll post in reply to your next post, but nothing else. I came in here for the few that I will save from this thread that you've created. I'm incredibly anxious to see what you write.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It does matter and just not to ones self. Say for instance you were a leader of a country. A king or a president. God is not a "self eternal matter" God is the source of EVERYTHING. God is and should be of the utmost public concern. Errors about god can only lead to social decay.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
You are right, OP. Your religion does not matter if you are practicing a man-made system or attending ritualistic services in a building made of wood or stone, looking to outward forms instead of the truth within.

What if God had a website?

Obviously God does not need a website or YouTube channel or book or man-made organization to do what He needs to do or reach who He needs to reach. The kingdom of God is within you. Be still and know...

But, IF God did have a website it would not ask for donations or have anything to sell or claim authority based on cemetery-trained theologians or dreams or visions.

It wouldn't have any fancy bells and whistles or special gimmicks. He would simply point you to the Light of truth that has appeared to all - within you and all around you. No traditions of men or doctrines of demons. Just the pure water of the living Word. Be still and know...

If God had a website it might look something like this:

www.hallvworthington.com...

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FRATERPERDURABO

Therefore faith is a drive, a story, your story in your chosen context according to your needs.

I'll tell you a story, bowtomonkey: my story.

It starts with a young man, steeped in science fiction, science, and creativity. This young man had decided that Albert Camus' conceptualization of the universe was correct, namely, that 'all' is a vast cold 'equation' working itself out in some grandly complex way, and that all meaning was "chosen" meaning and not inherent in our existence.

And so this boy lived and learned, became skilled and participated in our consensus reality. He made an ego out of skill and accomplishment, and in those dark hours (sometimes days) when this was not enough or when everything just made absolutely no sense at all... he just 'managed' , taking those dark hours and days as part of the overall experience that is 'life'.

Until the day that that construct of an ego got shattered. A series of real life events leading to what or society would call "failure". The ego that had been made of skill and accomplishment dissolved when the evidence of it's 'truth' also dissolved.

That was dark time.

However, this boy was a bit stubborn, so instead of dieing, he decided that he just needed to learn more and embarked upon another adventure into academia. This time, though (15 years after the first time), he decided to include studies of the heart and body as well: those two being expressed as a study in western esoteric thought and meditative yoga.

Still occasionally suffering from the deep meaninglessness that 'upheld' his life, he learned. He made sense of much of science and began to see some real truth in much of esoteric thought. Truth left out, or unexplained by science or traditional 'religion'. He became skilled at yoga and began (after many years) to really experience the benefits of this practice.

Still the vast unexplained 'meaninglessness' lurked in every 'dark' moment of his life.... that neither 'love' (dark as he was, this boy still had many friends and never lacked female companionship) nor 'skill' could dispel.

Until one day when a teacher pointed out a new way to visualize 'connecting' to the energy that surrounds us. It just made 'sense' to him. And so he included this 'idea' into his physical practice. As this practice grew, the 'visualization' became 'verbalization': what started as an idea became a word. That word was "hello". For a number of years, it was just "hello". Not really 'believing', mind you, just doing and observing.

Yoga is also a practice of observation and attention towards one's body, and in observing his body's slow response to continual 'care', he became adept at observing his emotional responses as well. Those that practice yoga and are also observant find that the benefits of the practice sort of 'creep' up. Unlike the immediate response to a 'drug' or 'substance' the goodness is not instant, but delayed: if your back hurts, a yoga session will not immediately 'fix' it, but somehow, a couple of hours later, you've complete forgotten about it....

Well, as the months went by, this boy observed that the daily "hello"s (which he had begun to call 'prayer') had an even more subtle affect. Life just seemed a little bit easier. Laughter came more easily. The unknowns associated with risk became less scary: a confidence in his ability to find manageable solutions became stronger and the stories that his fears whispered to him became less compelling.

Encouraged by this 'evidence' he began to explore emotional and 'magikal' practices more deeply.

And then one day, a series of events, led to an experience so profound, that he is still reeling with confusion and wonder. And "observation" became "belief". And "hello" became "i love you".

and possibly some (verbally inexpressible) idea of what "faith" might be.

and i feel that it is *much* more than a story, tho it might begin with one.....

/shrug

That was a great story and a worthwhile read too boot.

Great to have a cleaner perspective of faith.
I've always likened faith to my image of consciousness jumping synaptic gaps in our nerve system, and that all things are driven by faith, that reality is based entirely on faith and we are alone in our creation, which is limited in time and space - looking forward.. I think your original persona was at the right place to get off. When I originally felt same, there was no limiting thought.

It seems as though you have done a lot of good work on yourself.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join