It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your religion does not matter

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Sometimes you make me doubt my anti-masonic beliefs. I see that dee inside we are all the same... You are making a good job at showing me this sameness...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FRATERPERDURABO

Originally posted by MamaJ

I for one have not seen proof my mind is in my brain so I speculate my mind is outside of my vessel thats been labled a human body. If my mind is outside of my body then there must be things in space I cannot sense.

A magnetic field can be generated using moving energy and an object called a transformer. This magnetic field permeates the 'physicality' of the transformer, but also extends way beyond the transformer's physical boundaries. I know this because i have built a transformer, allowed energy to flow through it, and measured the presence of this 'field' using tools that act as additional 'senses'.

We could state that because this 'field' extends beyond the transformer, that it is a separate 'thing' , no? But the 'field' could not exist without the moving energy *or* the particular arrangement of physicality that 'transformed' this energy into a field, and further, if either moving energy or transformer are removed, the 'field' collapses.

If we replace 'transformer' with 'body' and 'field' with 'mind', do the above statements remain true?

edit on 14-5-2012 by FRATERPERDURABO because: (no reason given)

I understand the analogy however are you asking me if i need my body in order to sustain my mind?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela

Both; I must change my self first, then, through my good actions, can influence others to also change.

Why do you feel it is your 'duty' to change other humans? How do you know that what feels right for you, will also feel right for them?

I do not feel it is my 'duty' to change others, I said I believe that if I change myself for the better I can influence others to also change, through my good actions.

What is 'better'? How do you know?

What is a 'good' action?

We could say that causing pain is 'bad' and that bringing pleasure is 'good'. Yet, healing often includes pain and pleasure often enthralls.

Do not 'good' and 'bad' depend upon context?... and if not, why?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

so: a 'great' thought confirms consensus and a 'terrible' thought shatters consensus?

The opposite of 'great' is 'terrible'?

so great = good?

i was more inquiring about 'magnitude' rather than 'direction' (good or bad). Thoughts are like vectors with both magnitude and direction, yes?

Both are relative to some reference point.

By which reference point would you measure a thought, whether it be magnitude (gravity) or direction (good/bad)? A thing (even if it weigh nothing at all) can not be measured without a zero point (reference) to compare it against.

Again, this is why I prefer to be the one asking questions rather than answering them. Too many live under the assumption that since we have these wonderful things called words which aid in our day to day lives that they are infallible.

However, words are the absolute worst form of communication because every word means something different to someone else despite having set definitions. When you string them into sentences they take on even deeper meanings which only aids in the confusion.

Rigid indoctrination into the art of using words works for those who are willing to take on the endeavor, but then, what learning has been sacrificed about other things while focusing on agreement over WORDS?

For example, I used the word mind as a label since you applied it to me. It is something we both understand. However, mind to me is much more than what mind is to you. It is etheral and without location. It is spiritual, spatial, and many other words that would only serve to further confuse the issue of who I am and what I am and who you are and what you are. So you see, even mind is totally inadequate for the task.

So, I am who I am.

Even that breeds too much confusion. Now some proclaim "Haha, he thinks he is GOD!"

Yet they remain silent and stupid when I humbly ask, well what is God?

I was going to go back and answer a post of yours that was missed yesterday. However, would you mind if we just moved on?
edit on 14-5-2012 by AManYouALL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

reply to post by FRATERPERDURABO

Why is there a need for certainty when we observe the Universe as we know it is capable of all possibilities?

The only thing many observe that is certain is "one day people will not see me physically on earth ...one day"......
Is that a certain (true) statement though?

an excellent question: "why do we need certainty". Most of the humans i know are seeking some form of it, whether it be embodied in a loved one, a dwelling place, or a 'belief system'.

doubt is a most uncomfortable emotion, don't you think?

so the only thing you are certain of is death?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AManYouALL

Both; I must change my self first, then, through my good actions, can influence others to also change.

If you are needed to influence others to change, who is influencing you to change?
edit on 13-5-2012 by AManYouALL because: (no reason given)

All those ones who were able to change the world for the better. Everything, begins with one.

Correction my sister. Everything begins with a WORD.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

I AM here.

This IS my faith in action.

sort of an "i think, therefore i am" kinda thing?

there is to 'be' and there is to 'do' (or are they the same?). "doing" usually requires choices, which involves judgement (we hope, but not as often as we think), choices are made based upon 'ideas' and options: the one sits within and the other without.

uh oh: getting circular: u see the dilemma, right?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

there is to 'be' and there is to 'do' (or are they the same?). "doing" usually requires choices, which involves judgement (we hope, but not as often as we think), choices are made based upon 'ideas' and options: the one sits within and the other without.

I do not see a dilemma.

Everything in space IS circular.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I for one have not seen proof my mind is in my brain so I speculate my mind is outside of my vessel thats been labled a human body. If my mind is outside of my body then there must be things in space I cannot sense.

A magnetic field can be generated using moving energy and an object called a transformer. This magnetic field permeates the 'physicality' of the transformer, but also extends way beyond the transformer's physical boundaries. I know this because i have built a transformer, allowed energy to flow through it, and measured the presence of this 'field' using tools that act as additional 'senses'.

We could state that because this 'field' extends beyond the transformer, that it is a separate 'thing' , no? But the 'field' could not exist without the moving energy *or* the particular arrangement of physicality that 'transformed' this energy into a field, and further, if either moving energy or transformer are removed, the 'field' collapses.

If we replace 'transformer' with 'body' and 'field' with 'mind', do the above statements remain true?

edit on 14-5-2012 by FRATERPERDURABO because: (no reason given)

I understand the analogy however are you asking me if i need my body in order to sustain my mind?

yes, in part.

does the body sustain the mind? or the mind, the body? Does it have to be one or the other?

is there a difference between mind and soul, do you think?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Hello,

Why is there a need for certainty when we observe the Universe as we know it is capable of all possibilities?

There can be no certainty of anything ever, certainty can not exist, just as knowing is also an illusion.
We cling to these predictions, hoping there proved true, while in absolute knowledge that we, like all, are in constant transition.

Simple awareness,
That no matter how sure or certain one is about love, hope, the universe, or god, the truth is, that belief could be proved false in the very next moment, in the very same moment.

Becoming aware is a self-evident truth, a simple and universal step towards breathing equality.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

so: a 'great' thought confirms consensus and a 'terrible' thought shatters consensus?

The opposite of 'great' is 'terrible'?

so great = good?

i was more inquiring about 'magnitude' rather than 'direction' (good or bad). Thoughts are like vectors with both magnitude and direction, yes?

Both are relative to some reference point.

By which reference point would you measure a thought, whether it be magnitude (gravity) or direction (good/bad)? A thing (even if it weigh nothing at all) can not be measured without a zero point (reference) to compare it against.

Again, this is why I prefer to be the one asking questions rather than answering them. Too many live under the assumption that since we have these wonderful things called words which aid in our day to day lives that they are infallible.

However, words are the absolute worst form of communication because every word means something different to someone else despite having set definitions. When you string them into sentences they take on even deeper meanings which only aids in the confusion.

Rigid indoctrination into the art of using words works for those who are willing to take on the endeavor, but then, what learning has been sacrificed about other things while focusing on agreement over WORDS?

For example, I used the word mind as a label since you applied it to me. It is something we both understand. However, mind to me is much more than what mind is to you. It is etheral and without location. It is spiritual, spatial, and many other words that would only serve to further confuse the issue of who I am and what I am and who you are and what you are. So you see, even mind is totally inadequate for the task.

So, I am who I am.

Even that breeds too much confusion. Now some proclaim "Haha, he thinks he is GOD!"

Yet they remain silent and stupid when I humbly ask, well what is God?

I was going to go back and answer a post of yours that was missed yesterday. However, would you mind if we just moved on?

moving on = yes. tho the questions remain unanswered, but since most of my questions remain unanswered, i am ok with a few more.

/grin

"However, mind to me is much more than what mind is to you." Through which of my words do you make this conclusion?

I feel that the opposite is, in fact, true, particularly since you proclaimed that there is no greater mind than you/our own. Or did i misunderstand that statement?

I have some ideas about 'mind' that would would probably astonish you....

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hello, great post.

I'm here to experience this gift in all its awe, I think that covers it.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Im not certain if my mind needs my body. I THINK my mind sustains whether I have one or not because of what my experience has taught me.....if indeed experience leads to certainty which I only specualte it does.

I also speculate due to experience that my mind may indeed be the soul people refer to as being seperate from their physical self also known as spirit. A type of energy that only transforms and never ceases.

Just because my body no longer moves in experience does not mean I no longer exist as I think I am not my body. My true essence is not physical although I can be seen in the physical. Seeing is believing for some.....for some it can be felt.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

moving on = yes. tho the questions remain unanswered, but since most of my questions remain unanswered, i am ok with a few more.

/grin

Thank you. And for the record, I am not here to answer questions. I am here to understand.

The first thing I ever understood was that there will always always always be unanswered questions.

"However, mind to me is much more than what mind is to you." Through which of my words do you make this conclusion?

None of your words. I am not denigrating you with that statement. The statement would be equally true if you had said it to me. In fact I will say it for you. Mind is much more to you than it is to me. We are each our own greatest mind. Once you acknowledge this, you will see EVERYONE on equal footing. Most can not make the statement without allowing it to be made by anyone else. I encourage this. Thus there is no adversary.

I have some ideas about 'mind' that would would probably astonish you....

This is not a hard task. I am astonished by everyone's mind. Please feel free to share everything here.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Im not certain of death.... im not certain of anything other than thoughts are processing somewhere that makes me think and experience. Lol

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I do not see a dilemma.

Everything in space IS circular.

/grin

yup. I would say cyclical.

so it basically amounts to *choosing* a reference point, no? For we cannot make judgements without comparisons and comparisons rely upon reference points, no?

yet not all is choice, yes? Whether or not we choose or not, the earth will orbit the sun in 365 (ish) days.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

/grin

yup. I would say cyclical.

so it basically amounts to *choosing* a reference point, no? For we cannot make judgements without comparisons and comparisons rely upon reference points, no?

yet not all is choice, yes? Whether or not we choose or not, the earth will orbit the sun in 365 (ish) days.

Don't choose a reference point. YOU are the point.

The Earth may orbit the sun in 365 (ish) days IF you last 365 days here to witness it for yourself.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Im not certain if my mind needs my body. I THINK my mind sustains whether I have one or not because of what my experience has taught me.....if indeed experience leads to certainty which I only specualte it does.

I also speculate due to experience that my mind may indeed be the soul people refer to as being seperate from their physical self also known as spirit. A type of energy that only transforms and never ceases.

Just because my body no longer moves in experience does not mean I no longer exist as I think I am not my body. My true essence is not physical although I can be seen in the physical. Seeing is believing for some.....for some it can be felt.

curious.

In what way is a photograph of a tree different from an actual tree, do you think?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by InspirationEverywhere

Hello, great post.

I'm here to experience this gift in all its awe, I think that covers it.

Welcome and dive in where ever it suits you.

I would normally bombard you with questions, but I have none yet...

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
What is ANYTHING without words?

Words I understand are words from the ENGLISH language. All other words sound alien to me.

When the Bible says God is the word I wonder....... When people speak a word are the speaking God and manifesting God?

Even the people who speak to spirits ( energy) say they can understand their language through pictures. Pictures process as words or more accurately... Numbers?

Either way..... It is a lot of fun questioning and pondering.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join