It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your religion does not matter

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sinohptik
reply to post by AManYouALL

Using similar lines of thought to those you said earlier in the thread, I am not interested in "a" story, just yours.

You tell part of your story with the words you choose, so in that way, thank you for the effort. Made me reminisce about the earlier days of the internet, trying to see if the progressively more advanced ch41b07s could tell me anything about their experience.

All the best

edit on 13-5-2012 by sinohptik because: 1s and 7s

Well if you want my story, search IAMIAM.

Here, I am learning everyone elses story.

And I do thank you for stopping by. It has been quite busy here or I would have chatted about myself a bit.

I am sure we will cross paths again.
edit on 13-5-2012 by AManYouALL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AManYouALL
Originally posted by JameelaChange to be good to one another, accepting one another, and not hatred of ones fellow man

111 you are doing it too. Or this is faith in action?

Both; I must change my self first, then, through my good actions, can influence others to also change.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FRATERPERDURABO

How much does a thought weigh?

well nothing at all, when using gravity as a metric. Yet if a thought had mass, then different thoughts might be said to be 'heavier' than others. more substantial: less substantial.

And what is a 'great' thought when compared to another, anyway? What do you use as a ruler, i wonder, with which to measure such things?

Great thoughts are usually ones which agree with a preconceived notion of reality, terrible thoughts are those which shatter a defined reality. Then again, like everything else, it is subjective to the mind.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jameela
Both; I must change my self first, then, through my good actions, can influence others to also change.

If you are needed to influence others to change, who is influencing you to change?
edit on 13-5-2012 by AManYouALL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

I sheath my sword and offer a hand of friendship.

I sheath my sword and offer acceptance.

I sheath my sword and offer understanding.

I do not fear your sword.

I do not fear you.

I am merely curious...

What came you here to do?

Starred and Flagged friend, great post, and right on too. It really doesn't matter what religion, politics, skin color, ethnic group, sex....we are all the same inside.
I am here to study, and to be studied
To see, and to be seen
To talk, and to be heard
To listen, and to learn from that
To read everything
To look for the origin
To educate, and to be educated

I place my guns in the ground of Mother Earth, I need them no more
My sword I break so it cannot again draw blood
My knife I throw in the river

I too offer the hand of friendship, and of love, and of light.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Frater,

I will be back in the morning to continue. It truly has been a delight!

Auto,

Quite a change from last we met. Quite a change indeed.

Jameela,

You have a willing audience, do not let it go to waste. I'll have fresh questions in the AM.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ovadose

I 100% agree with this, but i'd like to add that the only thing that does matter is what polarity you choose to live your life by (positive or negative)

I would agree it is true we are both positive, and negative polarities, but the real key is to know the balance point between the two, and to walk that thin line in all things. Drawing energy and power from both, and having allegiance to neither.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Such delightfully unexpected answers.

Simply because it is the only one I have. I did not say any other mind was lesser than mine, just that there are none greater. No other mind can sustain my body. No other mind wakes me in the morning. No other mind is my own.

Are you sure no other mind is your own? How do you know? Without knowing what something *is* isn't it a little hard to say what it is not?

The thoughts that arise without prior knowledge: how do you know they come from your mind?

Are you sure that it is your mind that is waking you in the morning? How do you know?

Of course not. We haven't even clearly defined what it is to be human in this thread yet.

Thats sounds like fun: u start.

I and my mind are one and the same. I would not be who I am without it.

I can't tell you how minds arise for as far as I know, mine has always been here.

Yes, we can only *know* that which we have experienced. All else is conjecture, logic and inference.

Still, i believe that it is worth considering how a mind arises (by what process does it form) because since i agree with you that i am my mind, then some idea of how a mind arises might shed further light on to what i am, and even further light on to what other minds might be...

because, you see, i do not believe that there is nothing (no mind) greater than my own.

How do you know that there is no mind greater than your own, Do you recognize that there are other minds? Or maybe since yours is the only one you have, it is the only one you can know exists...

i'm confused

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Well if you want my story, search IAMIAM.

Here, I am learning everyone elses story.

And even now, you look upon said story from different (but the same) eyes, eh? Quite the thing that that individuality in perspectives we see in others can even occur within ourselves. How we viewed the world at 2 months old might as well be as "foreign" as what goes on behind the others eyes that we are looking into. A bit of an exaggeration, but we all tell a bit of our story with every action we do (or dont) take.

I am sure we will cross paths again.

I have no doubt.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I would agree it is true we are both positive, and negative polarities, but the real key is to know the balance point between the two, and to walk that thin line in all things. Drawing energy and power from both, and having allegiance to neither.

I think a good example of this is water.

Imagine water gushing down from the top of a mountain, whilst it looks destructive and chaotic and will plow anything in its way, is only following the path of least resistance.

Sorry couldn't keep from this thread

edit on 13-5-2012 by Ovadose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
My knife I throw in the river
Jeeez, I hope I don't step on it.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by Night Star

The "I am who I am" puts me in mind of "I AM that I AM", therefore I assume he thinks he's God?

I thought this was going to be a great thread until I read that the OP didn't realize he/she wasn't human. After that I considered it for the trash bin and not worth keeping up with.

Removing my flag due to OP ambiguity.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
reply to post by Night Star

The "I am who I am" puts me in mind of "I AM that I AM", therefore I assume he thinks he's God?

I thought that at first too. I'm not sure what the OP thinks.

I am yours now and you are mine And together we'll love through All space and time, so don't cry

One day all 7 will die

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

It does matter if your God says it does.

Then all human philosophy becomes just a nonsensical waste of effort.

Like the OP.

None of you are Gods. Your just nerdy & pallid contributors to a conspiracy board.

Rather sad, really.
edit on 14/5/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

It does not matter if you are a Christian, a Muslim, a Jew, a Buddhist, or even an Atheist. It does not matter one bit to any one but yourself. It does not matter what titles you hold within these groups. Whether you are an Imam, a Priest, the Pope, or a professor of Astro-Physics.

Science is not a religion.
When was the last time a religion offered us a groundbreaking physically life-changing (not metaphorically or emotionally - physically) discovery? Never.
Sure, religious people have invented things, and made discoveries.
With science.

Science makes assumptions because it's trying to figure out mathematical equations. To do things like figure out how hot the sun is, or how much mass affects gravity. It doesn't try to offer your soul condolence, or get you to change your moral code because some random guy told you to.

Do not misinterpret what I'm saying - you can have dogma for science you can make it into a sort of "religion" like Richard Dawkins does, and say nothing else is possible while knowing that science does not have all the answers... But if that's how you're interpreting religion, literally anything could be a religion.

But when you use science as an objective tool, it is not religion.

The fact of the matter is - All religion requires philosophy, and true science requires empirical data and physical evidence.
edit on 14-5-2012 by thegagefather because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Like the OP.

None of you are Gods. Your just nerdy & pallid contributors to a conspiracy board.

Rather sad, really.

Except your god never told you to do anything. He will never speak to you, and if you think he does you're wrong.

How do I know this? For the Bible tells me so. (Yes, I am serious, it does say that. King Solomon says it.)

It helps to read the material you worship.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
chr0naut posted on 14-5-2012 @ 01:11 AM this post

know I'm seeing 1 1 1 everywhere, let the infection begin.

-edit-
OH MAN

---
@Kantzveldt

If everyone adds up the last 2 digits of the year they were born plus the age they will be this year they are all 111

I must be an exception to the rule, born 1-1-1990 so i have turned 22 this year.

9+0=9 + 22 =31
or
90 + 22 = 112
edit on 14-5-2012 by Ovadose because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2012 by Ovadose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather

Originally posted by chr0naut

Like the OP.

Rather sad, really.

Except your god never told you to do anything. He will never speak to you, and if you think he does you're wrong.

How do I know this? For the Bible tells me so. (Yes, I am serious, it does say that. King Solomon says it.)

It helps to read the material you worship.

Behold, in this you are not just: I will answer you, for God is greater than man. Why do you strive against him? for he gives not account of any of his matters. For God speaks once, yea twice, yet man perceives it not. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; Then he opens the ears of men, and seals their instruction. Job 33:12-16

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
nice mind #s here
did someone missed a promotion to become the master of the dojo?

not really interested in an answer,
just my utterly irrelevant thoughts

mu

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
I won't, but you'll find it's easier to get everyone to understand when there's only 111 of them...thanks for the last star-fish as well.

There is only one of anything. Have you ever seen more than one of anything?

111 They look the same, but notice they are occupying a different space and time... They are not the same.

That would be a game played with three cups and a shiny ball which i always win at because i cheat

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join