It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your religion does not matter

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AManYouALL

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
It's supposed to be everyone i guess, but when we're rude it's just ourselves...oh nearly forgot, and sometimes monkeys as well.

Every one of what?

The Humans

The vibrating Atoms

God

??

edit on 13-5-2012 by AManYouALL because: (no reason given)

Everyone but not every one, or at least any one who's anyone...that's us...definitely not vibrating Atoms either.

If everyone adds up the last 2 digits of the year they were born plus the age they will be this year they are all 111

edit on 13-5-2012 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ovadose
Perhaps forgive is the wrong word. I accept things are because they are.

I accept things are the way they are also. Yay, clarity!

But, I still want to know why.

Where did you come from before you came here?

As far as I know, I have always been.

Where did you come from?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Everyone but not every one, or at least any one who's anyone...that's us...definitely not vibrating Atoms either.

I am someone, but I am not everyone. Given the current state of confusion, I am not sure I want to be included in everyone, so please do not consider me as even a part of everyone until everyone understands fully that first, I am someone.

I'd give you another star, but I like that you have enough for each of your fishes.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Because of free-will

As far as I know, I have always been.

Where did you come from?

I have no recollection previous to being born here on Earth. (but i'm trying)

edit on 13-5-2012 by Ovadose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Because of free-will

But we already established you do not have free-will because if someone infringes on your free-will you forgive them. Did I get lost again?

I have no recollection previous to being born here on Earth. (but i'm trying)

If you have no recollection prior to your birth, how do you know there was a prior to your birth?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I am someone, but I am not everyone. Given the current state of confusion, I am not sure I want to be included in everyone, so please do not consider me as even a part of everyone until everyone understands fully that first, I am someone.

I'd give you another star, but I like that you have enough for each of your fishes.

I won't, but you'll find it's easier to get everyone to understand when there's only 111 of them...thanks for the last star-fish as well.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

But we already established you do not have free-will because if someone infringes on your free-will you forgive them. Did I get lost again?

Perhaps our understanding of free-will is limited.

Example - an ant would think it has free-will not understanding there is something greater than itself, than along comes a human and steps on it. From our perspective the ant does not have free-will.

If you have no recollection prior to your birth, how do you know there was a prior to your birth?

If I believe I am real and you are real and not just figments of my imagination, than logic dictates that previous to me being born my mother and farther we're alive on this planet.

So my question is, where was I when my folks we're roaming the earth?
edit on 13-5-2012 by Ovadose because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

My thoughts come to me without my prior knowledge of them. Where they come from, I do not know, thus cannot decide to have them. This may be an ability that you have, but not I.

Now after having them (thoughts) I do have the power over how I react to them.

oh. i like this mind...

and i ask:

do you really? define "react"

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Sorry I miss-understood your question.

Are you saying that life is pointless?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

What does matter is that you are here. You are here with power. You are here with the full authority of yourself to do what it is that you come to do. It is a rare treat to be in your presence. Never again will I ever have a chance to interact with another YOU once you have passed on. I do not know anything about you or your motivations nor you mine. But, despite the enormity of the odds against our meeting, here we are.

I sheath my sword and offer a hand of friendship.

I sheath my sword and offer acceptance.

I sheath my sword and offer understanding.

I do not fear your sword.

I do not fear you.

I am merely curious...

What came you here to do?

an excellent question.

i can only really truly answer that question largely moment by moment, and will have to wait some decades before i can give you the answer i think you are asking for...

but if i had a single word to choose, i would choose: learn

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FRATERPERDURABO

My thoughts come to me without my prior knowledge of them. Where they come from, I do not know, thus cannot decide to have them. This may be an ability that you have, but not I.

Now after having them (thoughts) I do have the power over how I react to them.

oh. i like this mind...

and i ask:

React, to actively observe the thought and consequent action (if any) or to simply dismiss them as they flood on by.

Dismissing them leads to them stop coming. When they stop coming there is... well...

Call it what you want.

Are you here just because you are curious to?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Sorry I miss-understood your question.

Are you saying that life is pointless?

That would depend on how one defines life.

To me Life is the point.

What is life to you?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

i can only really truly answer that question largely moment by moment, and will have to wait some decades before i can give you the answer i think you are asking for...

Any answer you give is the one I am looking for. Then we will see where it goes in the next moment.

but if i had a single word to choose, i would choose: learn

You too are curious.

What if you could choose more than one word. What would you be here to learn?
edit on 13-5-2012 by AManYouALL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

To me Life is the point.

The point too what?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I won't, but you'll find it's easier to get everyone to understand when there's only 111 of them...thanks for the last star-fish as well.

There is only one of anything. Have you ever seen more than one of anything?

111 They look the same, but notice they are occupying a different space and time... They are not the same.

I'll give you the rest of your stars once some other one increases your count.

I don't want to do it till then.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

To me Life is the point.

The point too what?

What is a point?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I accept life is because it is.

But do you not feel "connected" to something greater than your own little bubble of existence?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I accept life is because it is.

But do you not feel "connected" to something greater than your own little bubble of existence?

I do not know anything other than myself.

I have tons of stories, speculations, theories, attachments, desires, blah, blah, blah...

The only thing I know is myself.

I am the life.

I am the point.

There is nothing greater.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

React, to actively observe the thought and consequent action (if any) or to simply dismiss them as they flood on by.

Dismissing them leads to them stop coming. When they stop coming there is... well...

Call it what you want.

Are you here just because you are curious to?

"actively observe... thought ... action ... simply dismiss them as they flood by" . That's amazing, never have i met a soul capable of this.

Actions can be hard to dismiss as they 'flood' by i have found. Too much inertia... and as far as thoughts go, mine never stop, though i can on occasion let them slide by without being payed attention to. And on occasion i've experienced mind states where "thoughts" were something else entirely.

I'm curious, do you find that your thoughts always originate from the same location in your mind? And; what is the difference between thought and feeling?

can you dismiss your feelings as well?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
A cog is an individual piece that is useless on its own, but when matched with other individual pieces can create a watch.

My existence is useless without you guys, our existence is useless without (for lack of a better word) God.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join