It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a selfish world we�re living in

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:36 AM
link   
This women was lying helplessly and seriously hurt on the street in England. No one stopped to help her. Some of the cars actually had to turn their car to avoid hitting her. Still they didn�t stop. Why? Were they in a hurry? Why is it that so many people think that somebody else have to do the "dirty job", in this example: Help this woman. Couldn�t they at least call for help? This time a surveillance camera filmed it. This is probably not the only case like this.
The woman did eventually get help after some time. A busdriver stopped. It is not known if she had been hit by a car, been attacked or fallen and hurt her head. She have not been able to tell yet.

Sept 20th, 14:00, Cray Road in the city of Sidcup in Kent, UK.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
You would think that the surveillance camera would have recorded what had happened to her, and who ever on the other end of the camera would have dispatched an EMR team.
Sad

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I can remember a Michael Moore episode, the Awful Truth, where they place a man, who was to play dead by laying across a sidewalk in three different major cities. I think they were New York, London, and Toronto. After a while, ten minutes or so I think, which is still quite disgraceful I think, a Canadian in Toronto was the first to check to see if the man was alright. Overall, I think this just proves how desensitized society has become in view of the homeless and those in poverty. Very sad and unfortunate, but it's happened. How many of you pass a homeless person each day without a second thought, or maybe even perhaps with a small feeling of pity for them. It is evident that there is a problem in this world.

LifeIsElsewhere

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
Sept 20th, 14:00, Cray Road in the city of Sidcup in Kent, UK.

Maby she is just looking for a eye contact or crack rock....

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I saw this and also thought it was awful. Look at that poor woman, she is lying face down IN the road and nobody stopped. That is sick. Those people who did nothing really need to take a good look at themselves.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I worked in DC for a short time and passed homeless people without a second thought all the time because there were too many, some were crazy, some were only drunk or lazy and I couldn't do anything for any of them. It's an everyday situation and there's not enough change in my pocket to hand out to all of them, and I have no power or resources to do anything for them. It's this way for many people. Often they're laying asleep right on the sidewalk. If I'd stopped and checked every one of them for a pulse I'd have never made it to work. It doesn't make me a bad person, it makes me a person who has neither the time nor the resources to do anything about it.

In this case, though, it's different. This is one person lying in a road, not one of over a dozen homeless people lying around. I'd have stopped right away to check it out. Maybe more don't because they are afraid to get involved, can't handle the thought of dealing with a dead body (if she turns out to be dead) or feel they don't have the authority to act on it. Unfortunately the consequences for getting involved is sometimes more of a deciding factor than humanity.

top topics

join