It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Message Of The Bible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I know I've done a lot of threads regarding spirituality and all of that, but this one is different, I promise you. In fact, it makes an entirely new connection between the Bible and today's world. I think we're all familiar with the lines about "parables" and "riddles" and "dark sayings", by which we can pretty much take it for granted that the Bible wasn't exactly being straight forward with its messages.

So! As I have said before, the Church was designed to keep us on the straightest path possible, in order to avoid mass chaos and extinction, in a world where a savage lifestyle was always two steps away from reality. And so, we needed the Church to show us a very strict lifestyle that promised all prosperity and absolutely no violence or irresponsibility. Jesus showed us what happens in certain situations, why some courses of action are more profitable than others, and so on and so forth. Even the commandments were designed to protect us from dangers that science couldn't prevent in those days.

But how does that connect to today's world? Let's look at Revelations...which I believe actually talk about politics and the battles we will wage with one another. As I have stated repeatedly, Satan is the darkness within us, the animal instincts and temptations to do what's wrong because it's easier and simpler than what's right. The "man of straight lines" that hides in all of us.

Before I begin, I want to state that I am considering the Biblical God to be the President, or the leader of the nation. And the Bible teaches you about how to serve that leader, go along with their plans, and about how that will create a utopian society...or "Heaven". But if you don't do what you're told, if you don't obey the "rules" and all of that, then you will create a hell for yourself. The nation will be forced to turn into hell, with fire and brimstone...or lots of gunfire and war. Metaphor upon metaphor, and I think I MIGHT have figured it out...I'm not sure. But how about some examples?

Let's have a look:

And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

I'm guessing the first seal has to do with war. The white horse is a metaphor for a "peaceful" course of action, a course of action meant to resolve conflict and maintain equilibrium, or some such. The beast (the military) will say, "See how we defend you, support our efforts". A leader is going to start conquering worlds for whatever reason...Iran, anybody?

And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
4 And there went out another horse [that was] red: and [power] was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

The red horse is an outright path of destruction, which would cause the people of the world to turn upon each other. As a result, group on that path would be given an awesome weapon by which to maintain control.

5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and [see] thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

A new world system will be established to resolve the madness...and a new exchange system will mark its birth.

I don't know...what do you think, ATS? I'm not going to go through the Bible verse by verse and translate it, but do you think this is a possibility? Was the Bible a manual for being an upstanding citizen in today's world, and a warning about how World War 3 will happen?

Let me know. And please, keep all discussion polite.

edit on CSundaypm242419f19America/Chicago13 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'll be back tomorrow to see what ATS had to say about this.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
S&F this is exactly what the bible is stating, when the new christ/ antichrist ends this era, the only way it will be done is with bloodshed, you know when this will begin because he will come in white and bring peace unfortunatly with war, at the end of the bloodshed his new era of unity will begin and the 1000 years of peace will follow, I'm glad someone else finally decided to figure this out.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Assuming that The Bible is The Word of God, it should not have used metaphors. It should have been direct so that all can understand no matter where they are from.

Originally posted by stoptheinsanity2012
S&F this is exactly what the bible is stating, when the new christ/ antichrist ends this era, the only way it will be done is with bloodshed, you know when this will begin because he will come in white and bring peace unfortunatly with war, at the end of the bloodshed his new era of unity will begin and the 1000 years of peace will follow, I'm glad someone else finally decided to figure this out.

I heard that the war may not be physical but spiritual. I heard that many bad natural disasters are happening because of evil spirits, so at the end of this "war", the evil spirits will be banned from The Earth for 1,000 years, which will be enough time for peace to thrive so that the evil ones won't destroy it.

Just what I've heard...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23
Was the Bible a manual for being an upstanding citizen in today's world, and a warning about how World War 3 will happen?

Spot on.

Imagine the information in the bible in a visual way, if you can. It's like a tapestry...the "big picture" is interesting and very important on its own..but you can move in closer and see the little threads.

Each one is its own point of interest and you never know where one thread might join another until you begin to follow them, study them...then they become a microcosm of images by themselves.

The more you read, the more He allows you to see the tiny threads and their connections..it becomes its own adventure.

Not only do you gain insight into astounding parallels between current events and ancient prophecy...but the whole, great scope of YHWH's plan.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The B.I.B.L.E. is a book of FAITH. It's the testaments of God's people...that lived in God's way of doing things.....BY FAITH. Why do people INSIST, that it's something other than, what it is??? IT'S NOT! Study it, a little bit more, and you'll find the TRUTH in that.

Here's the question: if God were to start this all over again, and wrote more testaments; to go with the book we have today; would your name be mentioned in it? In other words, could God say....BY FAITH, you did so and so; like it does in Heb 11:1-12? In other words, how are you living your life for God...what is your FRUIT?

Also, you should read: Rom 3:28; Rom 4:13-25; Gal 3:1-14; Eph 2:8; Rom 7:6-25; Rom 10:9-10 and Rom 10:17 and James 2:14-26.

Who cares when the end times are....the point is......BE PREPARED! No one knows the time, but the FATHER. Enough with the religious "doom and gloom". "FOR GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD"....

Which part of that phrase...DONT people get???

Oh, and let me just also state....God doesn't want people to FEAR (be scared of) HIM. HE wants people to fear (reverance, be in awe of) HIM. There's a HUGE difference.
edit on 13-5-2012 by nahahh because: ETA

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Sorry to be so late in responding to the thread. Yesterday was unspeakably beautiful...went for a very long, pleasant bike ride (wiped out twice
) lounged on a gorgeous beach...it was an amazing summer day. How could I possibly stay inside at a computer?

In any case, metaphor is how you speak to people who are more superstitious than they are factual. You are too used to living in today's world...you have almost no grasp of how they lived in those times. Hence, the simple, effective method was easier than the pure truth.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by nahahh

It's only faith if you take it as pure, literal translation.

The moment metaphor becomes involved, it becomes a journey. And at the end of that journey, you'll find the Bible didn't say exactly what you thought it said. And that is when you'll find that blind faith is no longer necessary.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Double post.
edit on CTuesdayam424238f38America/Chicago15 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The metaphors you are calling upon are the "Four Horsemen of the Apocolypse."

The first horseman is a conquerer and is actually the false christ, as he has a white horse and a crown and a bow... the bow being key as the return of the true Christ has a white horse, a crown, and a sword. The false christ will fool many into believing he is the Christ and will go on a world wide rampage...speaking as a lamb, but practicing war.

The second horseman rides the red horse and carries a sword...this is war.

The third horseman on a black horse is starvation and hunger, thus the scales weighing out wheat and barley at inflated prices.

The fourth horseman rides a pale horse... sickness and disease and death.

Ironically, this is the usual pattern for war...a leader or conquerer, the actual conflict, hunger, and then disease and death.

The four horsemen are also listed in the same order and number as Jesus forewarned in knowing the ime of his return...there shall be false leaders and messiahs, wars and rumours of wars, there shall be starvation and sickness...listed in Matthew 24 and Mark 13.

As for being good followers and citizens, there are too many scriptures which list and detail such. The most prominant being "Give unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's and unto the Lord what is the Lord's."

However, we are not to be blind followers, but by God's word we should judge the leader and laws of the land.

A good example of that is Shadrach, meshach, and Abbindigo... they did not bow down to Nebuchadnezzer and were thrown into a fire pit but did not burn.

As citizens, believers in the Bible or people of good moral character, we are obligated to judge our government and follow the laws as our hearts dictate. Even the Declaration of Independence affrims that people challenged by tyrrany and immoral laws and leadership are obligated to over throw such oppressors.

And yes, resistance instead of towing the rope... another metaphor... will cause conflict and confrontation. Anytime we oppose the popular tide of thought or the stronger political will, we risk conflict, imprisonment, or death.

As a Christian, or simply as a man capable of independent thought and moral character, I will not bow down to a government or a pit of corrupt leaders.

Allow me a quote from the Patriot..."Why should we trade tyrrany from 2,000 miles way for tyrrany from 200 miles way."

As for the real message of the Bible... weither you believe in God or not, believe in Jesus or not... Love your fellow man...and woman. Be loving and caring, and generous, and respectful, and forgiving and merciful, to be a good leader you must be a good servant, that there are some things bigger than you or me, man does not have all the answers, and that there is a thing called kharma.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I think your thread is interesting. I see where you are coming from, and believe that you may be on to something.

However, I have a different view, not of the Bible, but of organized religion as a whole. I just see if as a way for us to be divided and separated further. Think about it for a minute, how many of the actions and attacks in present time and history have been based upon Religion? Many... How many groups have been persecuted or vilified? Mostly all (with exceptions of course).

When I think about it, it all makes perfect sense. Religion is a way of dividing us so that we are hostile towards each other. Now, you might say, "But most religions preach peace," and you would be right... That is where fundamental extremists come in. Have there ever been any extremists that have given their whole religion a bad name, that you can think of?

Anyway, I digress for now, because I could write a whole thread on this.

Back to your point, yes, I think you have done your homework and have caught on to something. Good work. Keep it up

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

The first horseman is a conquerer and is actually the false christ,

I was looking at it as more of a person or group promising hope and peace through questionable courses of action.

The third horseman on a black horse is starvation and hunger, thus the scales weighing out wheat and barley at inflated prices.

Precisely. Just one more step in a political chess match designed to win the hearts of the only people that matter in such a game...us. We are the currency, we are the livestock, the investment. Starvation and poverty are handy tools in an age where the common civilian is trained to want more than they need. It just makes the gambit that much more effective.

Anytime we oppose the popular tide of thought or the stronger political will, we risk conflict, imprisonment, or death.

Give us liberty, or give us death.

As a Christian, or simply as a man capable of independent thought and moral character, I will not bow down to a government or a pit of corrupt leaders.

I do believe that gives us some common ground.

man does not have all the answers

Most of society operates from the assumption that either we do, or whatever we don't know, we don't need to know. Courtesy of government programming, of course.

This is what I was saying. The Bible is, essentially, a guidebook for political and societal behavior. Everything is a metaphor than can be applied to the modern hierarchy, or to modern politics. I'm not saying this is true, I am simply offering it as a perspective. Something that makes a lot more sense than what's currently be touted at the "true message".

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

That may not have been the original intention. Remember, we come up with plenty of life-saving technology, and the government instantly hands it over to the military so they can see how big a stick they can build with it.

With that said, religion never divided and destroyed when it was the government. Many lives were lost, but just as many lives were spared by reinforcing doctrines that are nonexistent today...and see how well we've done with that. Shootings, muggings, rape, pillaging, war, all of that good stuff. Crime rates have gone up since religion was king. I am not saying religion is the answer...I'm saying that everything religion has done today, everything flaw we can point out, has been bolstered by the government's agenda.

For every one time you may blame religion, blame the government two-fold.

With that in mind, this is the reason I have connection Revelations with political war and the effect it has on this world. Apparently, someone may have foreseen the chaos that our regime would bring, and used superstitious jargon to explain to the people of that age what to look for. Unfortunately, they didn't account for the vast changes in language and culture...hence, the difficulty we have understanding it now.
edit on CTuesdayam515150f50America/Chicago15 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Hello again, starchild, and you are right.

The Bible is so much more than a revelation and history of Judaism and Christianity.

It is a road map of how to live, maintain relationships, wisely use time and money, how to treat each other, and on it goes.

There are some that will argue that it "contols" the blind masses. My argument is that when someone becomes enlightened they will go against everything the Bible says just because the Bible said it? they will rape and pillage and plunder or stop helping others or become foolish with the money or hurtful with their relationships?...Of course not.

Some folks do not feel the need to follow the bible... so be it. Others like myself, would be lesser people without the guidance of the Bible... or the love of God.

Again, Christianity has been twisted and tortured by the very Christians that espouse it...when it is very simple to understand. Jesus had it all in His Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5-6-7. These are principles that we should all live by... followers of God or not....

Me thinks we share more common ground than we want to admit, the big difference being our faith or lack there of. Either way... I respect your views and thank you for respecting mine.

All this from an independent minded, stubborn, hard headed, over educated, know nothing, backwards ass, jovial, country Christian like myself... lol.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well actually I would like to go through and write out a transcript of this video, I have his book on kindle now, part one and two plus the tree of life one with the religious art coding part one and two, but have no idea when I go through that how to quote a kindle book. And it may take months to read all my books.

But I like to use things as a spring board, if you read a term or a name, to try and research the info independentally, and it usually works.

Michael Tsarion - The Irish Origins of Civilization - 1/6

I've posted this a few times, and there is no way the Church exists to keep us on the straight and narrow. Though inadvertantly does for some. Many Christians I've known automaticall ignore all the negatives and look to Christ, and though they are viewing a largely distorted story, the message in it is wonderful. But, it depends on the frequency of a person, for others look in the book and dwell on the dark squares of life, control, wars, abuse of your family and children, sharia type things, slavery.

He gives an indepth meaning of the term arya, which is from Ireland and probably from Atlantis due to the old legends of the people its really in depth information.

The words are found in many sources, in other names and terms, in fact breaking apart words and meanings.

They suppressed and destroyed and cannablized the old kowledge, and stole it.

At 1 34 01 in the video.

the Roman Pope is referred to as the "Vicar of Christ" . The word vicar implies a mediator. In other words, through the vicar one has a vicarious relationship with Christ. The word vicar is correctly rendered Vice Ari. The syllable Vice means "in place of. Ari means "Druid" (hmmm no wonder the staff and all things Egyptian) The pope is, therefore a stand-in or replacement for the Druid priest. another example is Viceroy, connoting a stand-in or representative for the Roy, Regent or King.

---So when you stand before these people, and are giving them your allegiance, just realize, they are straw men, hollow men, they're not the real M'Koy and they're letting you know it, through the etymology, through the symbolism.

edit on 15-5-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Very little of modern Christianity actually originated with the Apostles (assuming they even existed). Most of the modern religion is a montage of demonized faiths.

It had its purpose. It did protect and guide us. But that was in a completely different era, a whole other culture. As the times change, so should the map.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I would suggest that there was another culture, that had higher technology, and better values, protecting earth and life, and honoring family, women, (not perfectly practiced throughout the planet but there were many grass roots pockets of this being practiced) and that the Etonites stamped it out, and killed every rembrant they could find and guarded the old knowledge of cosmos, and soul skills, under lock and key for themselves. That they created a trap for people, enslaving them, with enough truth, ie heart filled love and goodness in it to draw them, but basically the religions are not our friend. True Spirituality is never about religion, authority, conquering, enslaving, controlling or war. They run a soul trap instead for many and only Loving Hearts see through it and cling to the Love part.

I really don't like how any religions are run and what their purpose has been.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I really don't like how any religions are run and what their purpose has been.

A large portion of the crimes that occur nowadays is the result of living in a society that has been freed from religion.

There's a huge difference between religion has a law and religion as a belief. Law protects us...belief defines how we look at life. Religion as a law uses its beliefs to dictate a healthy lifestyle; as long as it doesn't oppress our personal rights (provided we don't harm anyone), then that works. Religion as a belief determines how you look at life, how you determine your daily routine and how you answer life's mysteries.

There is a huge difference between the two. Religion as a law has kept us alive up to this point. Religion as a belief has done nothing except give us something to fight over. And that's the part that needs to change. However, I do think that the Bible may have been written to prepare us for this era.

Or maybe it was a previous era, and we just didn't learn from last time. It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

edit on CTuesdaypm020210f10America/Chicago15 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I agree with you. The world's "leaders" or, Man in general, is responsible. Which is what I meant to write when I was saying how groups had been persecuted and vilified. So, basically, we are on the same page here

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MarshMallow_Snake

It's a shame that people don't realize how useful religion is as a law...

I suppose it stems from the fact that religion extends its influence to beliefs as well...it's obvious why they did that though. It's inconvenient to admit the truth just to adjust it for the change in culture.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join