It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reson the U.S was attacked on 911

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think i have it figured out

Remember when the U.S was attacked and so many people wanted vengeance? We'll there is an incredibly glaring fact that the media missed that because of sanctions put against Iraq thousands of Children Died or sufferded needlessly!

High rates of malnutrition, lack of medical supplies, and diseases from lack of clean water were reported during sanctions at least some of these results were anticipated in advance of the imposition of sanctions The modern Iraqi economy had been highly dependent on oil exports; in 1989, the oil sector comprised 61% of the GNP. A drawback of this dependence was the narrowing of the economic base, with the agricultural sector rapidly declining in the 1970s. Some claim that, as a result, the post-1990 sanctions had a particularly devastating effect on Iraq’s economy and food security levels of the population.

Shortly after the sanctions were imposed, the Iraqi government developed a system of free food rations consisting of 1000 calories per person/day or 40% of the daily requirements, on which an estimated 60% of the population relied for a vital part of their sustenance. With the introduction of the Oil-for-Food Programme in 1997, this situation gradually improved. In May 2000 a United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) survey noted that almost half the children under 5 years suffered from diarrhoea, in a country where the population is marked by its youth, with 45% being under 14 years of age in 2000. Power shortages, lack of spare parts and insufficient technical know-how lead to the breakdown of many modern facilities.[27]

Estimates of deaths due to sanctions

Estimates of excess deaths during sanctions vary depending on the source. The estimates vary [31][38] due to differences in methodologies, and specific time-frames covered.[39] A short listing of estimates follows:
Unicef: 500,000 children (including sanctions, collateral effects of war). "[As of 1999] [c]hildren under 5 years of age are dying at more than twice the rate they were ten years ago."[31][40]
Former U.N. Humanitarian Coordinator in Iraq Denis Halliday: "Two hundred thirty-nine thousand children 5 years old and under" as of 1998.[41]
"probably ... 170,000 children", Project on Defense Alternatives, "The Wages of War", 20. October 2003[42]
350,000 excess deaths among children "even using conservative estimates", Slate Explainer, "Are 1 Million Children Dying in Iraq?", 9. October 2001.[43]
Economist Michael Spagat: "very likely to be [less than] than half a million children." He claims that these estimates are unable to isolate the effects of sanctions alone due to the lack of "anything resembling a controlled experiment".[44]
"Richard Garfield, a Columbia University nursing professor ... cited the figures 345,000-530,000 for the entire 1990-2002 period"[45] for sanctions-related excess deaths.[46]
Zaidi, S. and Fawzi, M. C. S., (1995) The Lancet British medical journal: 567,000 children.[47] A co-author (Zaidi) did a follow-up study in 1996, finding "much lower ... mortality rates ... for unknown reasons."[48]
Former U.S. Attorney General Ramsey Clark: 1.5 million (includes sanctions, bombs and other weapons, depleted uranium poisoning).[49]
Iraqi Baathist government: 1.5 million.[29]
Iraqi Cultural Minister Hammadi: 1.7 million (includes sanctions, bombs and other weapons, depleted uranium poisoning

Know If these kind of acts were perpetrated against the us would we not we not want vengeance would we not want to strike back in the most violent way possible would we not? Its time to face facts Americas Actions promoted 911

Also I cant find the clip online but in his 2004 vedio Osama even claimed that the reason behind 911 was for the sanctions and that why they attacked us if annyone coud find that clip for me that woud be grate

Hears A Clip of ATS hero Ron Paul taking about the same thing that i just mentioned.

Link to were i got my info

Global issues artice

edit on 13-5-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm sure vengeance was the reason we were attacked.

But we let it happen...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjas4321
I think i have it figured out...

I think you are a little late, sorry but this has been common knowledge to anyone interested since 1998...

The following statement from Usama bin Laden and his associates purports to be a religious ruling (fatwa) requiring the killing of Americans, both civilian and military. This document is part of the evidence that links the bin Laden network to the September 11 terrorist attacks on New York and Washington.

First, for over seven years the United States has been occupying the lands of Islam in the holiest of places, the Arabian Peninsula, plundering its riches, dictating to its rulers, humiliating its people, terrorizing its neighbors, and turning its bases in the Peninsula into a spearhead through which to fight the neighboring Muslim peoples.

If some people have in the past argued about the fact of the occupation, all the people of the Peninsula have now acknowledged it. The best proof of this is the Americans' continuing aggression against the Iraqi people using the Peninsula as a staging post, even though all its rulers are against their territories being used to that end, but they are helpless.

Second, despite the great devastation inflicted on the Iraqi people by the crusader-Zionist alliance, and despite the huge number of those killed, which has exceeded 1 million... despite all this, the Americans are once against trying to repeat the horrific massacres, as though they are not content with the protracted blockade imposed after the ferocious war or the fragmentation and devastation.

So here they come to annihilate what is left of this people and to humiliate their Muslim neighbors.

Third, if the Americans' aims behind these wars are religious and economic, the aim is also to serve the Jews' petty state and divert attention from its occupation of Jerusalem and murder of Muslims there.

The best proof of this is their eagerness to destroy Iraq, the strongest neighboring Arab state, and their endeavor to fragment all the states of the region such as Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and Sudan into paper statelets and through their disunion and weakness to guarantee Israel's survival and the continuation of the brutal crusade occupation of the Peninsula.

Jihad Against Jews and Crusaders World Islamic Front Statement 23 February 1998

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The term is called 'blowback'...a term coined by our very own CIA. Btw, Michael Scheurer, ex-CIA bin Laden unit, agrees with Ron Paul's foreign policy views...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Your missing a key element to your research OP.

Iraq had nothing to do with 9-11.

Iraq didn't have WMD either.

Neither does Afgan, Yemen of Iran or Somalia.

Those are just phrases used by the MSM so the good Sheep of the US can go ahead and

watch American Idol or DWTS .
edit on 13-5-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Habit4ming

Yeah dont remind them that the US trained and funded Tim Osman (OBL) thorough the decades, it would give a bad image, better paint him as a terrorist.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
While I am a Ron Paul supporter, I disagree with the Blowback theory when it came to 911. I'm not even sure Ron believes this but thats about the most he can say without being labeled a kook. He even hinted that mossad was behind the first WTC bombing in his newsletters.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The real reason is...out of this planet...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
You mean it wasn't because "they hate our freedoms"? Darn. That would mean my President lied to me....?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Did you say: "Attacked"? Apparently you haven't done ENOUGH research. "Attacked?" If anything, it all went according to plan. Here, i'll save you YEARS worth of diggin' through piles of garbage, called misinformation, just for 1 piece of TRUTH. 9-11 Rabbit Hole Enjoy the journey. And you said you got it all figured out??? I HARDLY think so!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
If by "blowback" you mean those who have imported coc aine in to the US under cover of the CIA then yes, I agree.
9/11 could have only happened through internal co-operation that left our skies undefended and several skyscrapers open to the placing of charges in them to bring them down.
No amount of coincidence or dumb luck together could possibly have led to theti successful hijacking of 4 airliners hitting 3 targets and the collapse of the same structures with the addition of WTC 7 staring us in the eye as a smoking gun.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I believe that the real reason twin towers were attacked was to wipe out banking records associated with a $2 TRILLION fraud taking place in the Pentagon.

Pentagon officials had admitted that $2 trillion worth of funding was unaccounted for.

Was discussed widely in the media before 9/11, but totally ignored afterwards without any resolution.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by nahahh

My sentiments exactly. I think the OP needs to do some research because he doesn't have a clue.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Well, since the sanctions were imposed by the UN....why didn't they fly the planes into the UN? And, what was the reason Osama used in 1993?

It's amazing how many people will spout off about how the US government will use phoney reasons to inflame the population,.......and how they will swallow it hook, line and sinker when it comes to Osama doing the same damned thing.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Project Paperclip and subsequent projects like MK Ultra and Monarch look to have some reasons. The cover up at Roswell and the Black Research may also hold some reasons, parts of the US military are defiantly up to their necks in this. PNAC is one clear suspect with the aim to gain more control over the population, which has worked. Enron and many other big white collar criminals got a free get out of jail card as all the case work got turned into dust. There was also huge accounting irregularities in the moments before the attack, most of these transactions got lost but parts have been recovered from hard drives recovered in the wreckage and witness statements.

Then we also have the standard reasons for war, resources. The price of petrol suddenly went down about 40-60 cents per litre here in Australia when Iraq was invaded. The Bush's are an oil family and Saddam Hussein was no longer taking orders. As for Afghanistan, the Opium trade went straight back up post invasion after the Taliban limited production. There has also been talk about an oil pipeline between the Caspian Sea and the Indian Ocean so the US can gain access to this resource feeding Iran, Russia and a few others.

There are also a lot of complex geopolitical issues going on, with the US running rouge through the Middle East it does reinforce Israel's position in the region. When looking for the motivation a good place to start is with the suspects whodidit.org...

new topics

top topics

join