It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Rant, an Apology, and a Promise

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Greetings ATS,

Rant.

It's mother's day and I'm in bed, covered in blankets, fever of 103.4, typing on my iPod. I can hear my son downstairs asking me to come watch some superhero show, and my husband trying to explain the concept of "quarantine" to a five year old. Ugh.

What's wrong with me? 99.9% positive I have strep throat. Well, as positive as I can be without a md after my name or a positive strep test in hand. But seeing as how my symptoms (fever, extreme sore throat, blisters on back of throat) are right there with strep, I think it's a forgone conclusion. Not to mention the outbreak of strep we had at school last week.....and this leads me into my rant.

Parents, if you KNOW your child is sick, if your child is running a fever, please don't send them to school. I sent home five students last week who CAME to school with a fever. I realize kids get sick during the school day, but that's not what I'm talking about. If your child is running a fever, keep him or her at home.

I always said teachers should get a Valium salt lick in the teachers lounge and hazmat suits.

Apology.

For those of you who have patiently waited for the final installment of my story, Zombie Apocalypse, I apologize. It was my intention to finish and upload the story this weekend. Well, best laid plans and all that. Sorry, but the story isn't finished and frankly at the moment it's not a priority.

Promise.

As soon as possible, I will finish the story and upload it. Also, I'm helping some ATS members with resumes. Again, I haven't forgotten you, and as soon as I'm able I will get those resumes to you ASAP. It's my first priority as soon as I'm back on my feet.

Happy Morthers Day to all...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
What a genuinely nice and thoughtful post
More than worth the star
Something that seems to be lacking on ats and society itself
Kudos to you
Hope you get better soon

But lol my sons the biggest hypochondriac going lol has an owwie every 15 mins and is constantly in pain somewhere !!! Little rascal but when he's genuinely ill he goes nowhere near school - he had head lice recently kept him off and informed the school - anything else is irresponsible
And he's had enough time off he recently had brain surgery ( well a year ago now ) to remove a cavernous hematoma In the upper left perennial lobe ( nasty brain lump ) and has found it difficult getting back into the swing of school and especialy home work lol ( last Thursday approaches me and says dad I've got history homework due in tomorrow ! .......well ok let's hit it ........ What is it ?
6 YEARS OF HITLER YOUTH DIARY ENTRIES !!
And me being me it had to be accurate
Well that was a fun night

Kids eh

Looking forward to the rest of the zombies

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
hope you feel better soon

2nd line

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Sigh, nobody ever does a reverse rant.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
10-4 smylee
Take time till full recovery, I know you will be just fine, your tough enough.
Happy Mother's Day!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Sorry you're sick. Hope you feel better soon. Happy Mother's day!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

My sympathy.

I had strep about 20 years ago...I was basically flat on my back for 3-4 days. Could barely swallow water.
Finally staggered to the doctor for antibiotics.

Take care of yourself

top topics

join