It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More than 40 people slaughtered in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Suspected drug gang killers dumped the mutilated bodies of more than 40 people on a highway near the northern city of Monterrey in one of the worst atrocities to hit Mexico in recent years.

The mutilated corpses were found stuffed into bags in the early hours of Sunday on a highway in the municipality of Cadereyta Jimenez, officials from the state of Nuevo Leon said.

There were more than 40 victims, an official for the state government said, speaking on condition of anonymity. A state police official said the death toll may have been as high as 49.

Last Wednesday, 18 people who were found decapitated and dismembered near Mexico's second-largest city, Guadalajara.

A week earlier, the bodies of nine people were found hanging from a bridge and 14 others found dismembered in the city of Nuevo Laredo, just across the U.S. border from Laredo in Texas.

(Source)

You've gotta wonder how "fast and furious" plays into this equation. With so many guns distributed to cartels, they basically have an army capable of mowing down large number of people, or in the case decapitating 49. We can't really place all of the responsibility on the fed op, but it's certainly a quagmire and could have been an "enabler" for these gangs.

In any case, this is nothing less than an atrocity, and the war on drugs isn't helping either....
edit on 13-5-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Forgive the ignorance. What is Fast and Furious? I'm fairly sure you aren't referring to the movie, but I'm unfamiliar with this term.
S&F

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Fast and furious was a bad idea to try to catch gun and drug runners implemented by the current Justice Department. Eric Holder in my opinion has a lot to answer for.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
S & F for you. I also wonder what part we play in all this.

No responses??? Yet if this were coming out of Syria or the ME everyone would be up in arms screaming for intervention/aid etc. What does this say about our feelings towards our nearest neighbor?

Those who kept produce on our tables for generations, at affordable costs mind you, raised generations of American babies, cleaned the houses, cared for the lawns, they are now nothing but hated throw away people.

How typical seems like a lot of Americans are finding themselves to be quite disposable these days too. It's often been said we're a throw away society, I guess most don't realize that includes people too. It's a brave new world.

edit on 5-13-2012 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JMech

Thank you for the information.

I'm kinda mind-boggled, to be honest, but I don't want to derail the thread.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Morningglory

Yes, it's sad how people ignore the story because it happened in Mexico, as if Mexican's are subhuman.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
sad sad sad. sorry to hear.
edit on 13-5-2012 by krossfyter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
reply to post by Morningglory

Yes, it's sad how people ignore the story because it happened in Mexico, as if Mexican's are subhuman.

I don't think it's being ignored because it happened in Mexico, It's just that it is such an outrage that many are left speechless. These things have been happening for far too long and people are overwhelmed and feel helpless. How do you fight such atrocities? I mean there is corruption even with the police, the people who are supposed to protect others. It is a shame.
edit on 13-5-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join