It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fili, ancient Egyptians and origins of masonic teachings

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
In ancient Ireland there was a secret society called the Filids often translated as poets. They had a language and writing system peculiar to and only intelligible among themselves. There were seven grades Ollam, anead, cli, cano, doss, macfuirmid and focloc. It took twelve years of study to reach the level of Ollam. In Ireland today the professor of a university is referred to as an ollam being someone who has arrived at the highest level of learning.

When Christianity came to Ireland the popularity of the filids decreased and there was much discrimination directed at them. In A.D 590 they numbered 15,000 and were only tolerated because St Columba was also a high ranking fili. One may ask did St Columba incorporate their secret teachings into early Celtic Christianity, were the church and knights of St Columba the inheritors of these ancient secret teachings?

Among their grand masters was Fenius a Scythian and decedent of the biblical Magog. Fenius lived we are told at the time of the building of the tower of Babylon. Fenius was a linguist and was responsible for sending seventy-two of the most gifted fili to the sight of the construction of the tower on a mission to gather knowledge which had became lost or confused due to an action of vengeance of God.

“That this is the reason for the Irish Language (that is Fenius speech); a deed wonderful, unlawful, that is, an unusual deed, unusual for its infrequency, unlawful for its pride, an attempt on heaven in their fleshly bodies without permission of God.
Which happened there, i.e., the building of Nimrod's Tower. Now that Nimrod was champion of all Adam's seed in his time, Nimrod, son of Cush, son of Ham, son of Noah. There was not then any king over the world till the time of Nin, son of Bel, but only counsellors and chiefs were in existence up till that time. Seventy-two counsellors accordingly were in the world at the time in which the Tower was made. Now one of the 72 was Nimrod. A mighty man was he and a man famous in hunting, to wit, for stags; and in coursing, to wit, for hares; and in trappings, to wit, wild pigs; and in snarings, to wit, for birds. So that thus multitudes of men were following him so that he was more numerous, to wit, in armies and so that he was thus more powerful than a counsellor. So that it was he who united those 72 counsellors to one counsel to make the Tower with the grandson of his father's brother, to wit, with the great grandson of his grandfather's brother, to wit, with Peleg son of Ragau, son of Arphaxad, son of Shem, son of Noah. And he was one of the 72 counsellors, too, up to that time. And they say therefore that Peleg was the one counsellor and the same parent of them all. A question here is, the names of the 72 counsellors by whom the Tower was made, only that writings do not enumerate but the names of the 17 men who were most illustrious among them, to wit, Peleg, Nimrod, Eber, Latinus, Rabiath Scot, Nabgodon, Assur, Ibath, Longbardus, Bodbus, Brittus, Germanus, Garath, Scithius, Gotius, Bardanius, and Sardain. But at any rate after the flood the first king according to nature was Nimrod. That was the first king according to art, the Peleg aforesaid. According to authority, however, it was Nin son of Bel, son of Plosc, son of Pluliris, son of Agomolis, son of Fronosis, son of Gitlis, son of Tiras, son of Assur, son of Shem, son of Noah. He obtains, then, that thing. Nimrod said that it was his name that should be on that work for ever. Adrodamas, i.e., that thing also was granted him. Three things, then, on account of which the building of that Tower was accomplished by Adam's children, to wit, for dread of the flood again, and that they should go to heaven in their bodies from the earth, and to render their names illustrious after them”
www.maryjones.us...

One might ask what is the connection between Scythians and the Irish. Fenius for example we are told is a Scythian.

“According to the most ancient texts of Ireland, corroborating evidence in the Bible and other ancient texts, and actual archaeological and anthropological findings, it is clear that the Irish were largely descended from Magog, the second son of Japheth, the son of Noah (of Noah's Ark fame). The descendants of Magog came to the sacred isle in a series of "invasions", the most recent of which was the Milesians, better known to history as the Gaelic peoples, or "Gaels”

ireland.mysteriousworld.com...

As we can see from the above the Irish ARE Scythians, they are genetically one and the same peoples!
What is perhaps even more intriguing is the Egyptian connection, Yes ancient Irish text proclaim that there is a link between the pharaohs of Egypt and Celtic peoples!

Fenius who was a king and therefore of royal blood had a son called Nel who travelled to Egypt at the request of an unnamed pharaoh ( many suspect Akhenaton). The story goes that Nel was driven out of Egypt for helping the Israelites escape captivity. Nel and Scota, the daughter of an unnamed daughter of pharaoh left Egypt with a fleet of ships. Initially they made a settlement in Spain, later traveling to Ireland and another group to west Scotland. Scots actually trace their origins to queen Scota from which the name Scots and Scotland is derived. Scota is buried in Trughanacmy Kerry Ireland.

One may ask why would a daughter of an Egyptian pharaoh marry a Scythian/Irish man and travel to Ireland was there some ancient connection?

Its curious that Operative freemasonry first appeared in Scotland which is why it is also called Scottish rite freemasonry and there is much Egyptian symbolism including the practice of wearing aprons which can also be seen amongst the ancient Egyptians. Could secret teachings of the ancient fili have made it into freemasonry?

"Undoubtably Masons were employed at the creation of the Tower of Babel, where, as we are informed in some of our rituals, language was confounded and masonry lost." John Holbrook Estill, The Old Lodge, (December 17, 1885), p. 3.

An old rhyme says:

"If history be no ancient Fable - Freemasons came from the Tower of Babel."

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
Its curious that Operative freemasonry first appeared in Scotland which is why it is also called Scottish rite...

Scotland has nothing to do with the Scottish Rite, it was actually founded by the French.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Freemasonry was not founded in France, the first recorded mention of freemasonry was in England and Scotland.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hi Luxus, long time no see

Grand Lodge of Scotland
Knights Templars in Scotland
Scottish Rite

Augustus, play nice; please!
Do not consider us fools!

Grand Lodge was founded in 1736
Scottish rite in London in 1733
Templars moved their stuff to Scotland around 1189

Some masonic scholars, even claim heritage and linage back to the templars, the symbolism and rituals etc. Would back this claim up..

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Freemasonry was not founded in France, the first recorded mention of freemasonry was in England and Scotland.

If I may, I believe Augustus was referring to the fact that Scottish Rite is of French origin and not masonry overall. I'm a former 32nd degree SC freemason and was a part of the oldest SJ Scottish Rite valley in the US (New Orleans). You could, perhaps look into how red lodge differs from blue lodge and if you really want to see some interesting history firsthand you could visit the New Orleans Valley temple and also Etoile Polaire #1 lodge. There are truly some remarkable documents and items in both locations, unique both to masonry and early US history in general.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schrödinger
Hi Luxus, long time no see

Grand Lodge of Scotland
Knights Templars in Scotland
Scottish Rite

Augustus, play nice; please!
Do not consider us fools!

Grand Lodge was founded in 1736
Scottish rite in London in 1733
Templars moved their stuff to Scotland around 1189

Some masonic scholars, even claim heritage and linage back to the templars, the symbolism and rituals etc. Would back this claim up..

Your date of 1733 is in reference to something called the Scots Master and not Scottish Rite. Scottish Rite didn't really come into being until 1801. Much of masonic history is cloudy at best, but these data are clear.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Here is an article I wrote on this subject a couple of years ago Luxus, you may find it interesting.

Secret societies, symbolism and sacred geometry

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by HardToStarboard

You are intentionally obfuscating!
Scottish Master = Master Mason from Scotland
Implying that there is a Scottish Lodge, how else could you be a Scottish Master?
If there is a Scottish Lodge, there is also a Scottish Rite! (i.e. Ritual)

Now it might be that your accounts, state something differently, but then it is in direct conflict with the Bar Lodge of London's documentation from 1733!

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

You are also ignoring the fact that the Scottish Grand Lodge, was founded in 1736 with records going back to 1599.
Now you might win this on semantics, in the form that; the current, ancient and accepted (blah, blah) Scottish rite, is formed in France in the 1800's.
That does not change the fact, that modern masonry as we know it today, originated in England or Scotland.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

You are intentionally obfuscating!
Scottish Master = Master Mason from Scotland
Implying that there is a Scottish Lodge, how else could you be a Scottish Master?
If there is a Scottish Lodge, there is also a Scottish Rite! (i.e. Ritual)

Now it might be that your accounts, state something differently, but then it is in direct conflict with the Bar Lodge of London's documentation from 1733!

What I'm simply stating is the fact that Scottish Rite came into being in the US in 1801. There were certainly 18th century workings in some form of Scottish masonry (French origin) and I have personally held in my hands documents (from our own Temple here and from Etoile Polaire) that show these workings before 1800 in New Orleans. However, as stated, Scottish Rite, as we currently know and understand it was begun in 1801. What you are referring to is something we're still foggy on (although interesting).

scottishrite.org...

If you're ever personally interested in doing some true research on the subject we have some fine historians here in the city that would be happy to work with you.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

You are also ignoring the fact that the Scottish Grand Lodge, was founded in 1736 with records going back to 1599.
Now you might win this on semantics, in the form that; the current, ancient and accepted (blah, blah) Scottish rite, is formed in France in the 1800's.
That does not change the fact, that modern masonry as we know it today, originated in England or Scotland.

I never stated anywhere that modern masonry was founded anywhere other than England or Scotland.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardToStarboard
If you're ever personally interested in doing some true research on the subject we have some fine historians here in the city that would be happy to work with you.

True research?
Would you like to tell me what I have been doing for the past ten years?
I guess you have read all my articles on this matter, since otherwise you would not be able to judge my current and past research as wrong research!

You are starting an argument about semantics, when the OP was clearly referring to something else.
That is a normal tactic on your behalf, and was expected, something my wrong research led me to write about some 5 years ago....

The Masonic Influence

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HardToStarboard

True research?
Would you like to tell me what I have been doing for the past ten years?
I guess you have read all my articles on this matter, since otherwise you would not be able to judge my current and past research as wrong research!

You are starting an argument about semantics, when the OP was clearly referring to something else.
That is a normal tactic on your behalf, and was expected, something my wrong research led me to write about some 5 years ago....

The Masonic Influence

I meant no offense. My selection of the phrase "true research" was only meant to show that we have some valuable original documents here in New Orleans that you would likely find interesting as they have to do with the subject at hand.

You seem angry. I truly wish you well and nothing but the best. Again, if my words here caused offense then I offer my sincerest apology.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Schrödinger

What's your line of work and/or field, by the way?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Nah, it is my prejudice, bad manners and decorum, tiredness and depressive mood, that is wrong.
You did nothing to offend me, and I acted like a jerk, please accept my apology.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Nah, it is my prejudice, bad manners and decorum, tiredness and depressive mood, that is wrong.
You did nothing to offend me, and I acted like a jerk, please accept my apology.

Quite alright. We all have our own battles to fight....each and every one of us. If you're ever in NOLA I'll be happy to buy you a beer and talk masonry (or medicine or sailing or travel or climbing or guns or good cigars or pipe tobacco.....just to name a few of my interests).

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

But what is known as the "Scottish Rite" was founded in France. There is a difference between Scotttish Masonry and Scottish Rite Masonry. The term "Scottish Rite" is just as misleading as "York Rite" as it really should be called the "American Rite".

You should read up on Chevalier Ramsay and his famous Oration. This famous speech would cause what I can only call a wild fire of theories that lead to this very conversation here. Prior to this speech there was never any mention that Freemasonry was tied to any kind of chivalric order.

If you ever have a chance, read "Compasses and the Cross" by Stephen Dafoe

Were you a member of Etoile Polaire #1? I had an occasion to visit them in November of 2010. Very fascinating eye opener on the difference between Scottish Rite Blue Lodges and York Rite Blue Lodges. I also found the French influence on everything fascinating. The SR building in NOLA was an amazing one particularly since it has to constantly withstand the barrage of mother nature.

My Visit to the Crescent City

reply to post by Schrödinger

Your statement is misleading. Anything like Scottish Master, Scots Master, or Scotch Master refers to degrees past the Master Mason degree. The Rectified Scottish Rite has a 4th degree called Maître Ecossais or Scotch Master.

Masonry in Scotland is not referred to as the Scottish Rite.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
If I could edit my original post I would remove "Scottish rite" freemasonry and simply put it as Scottish masonry to stop you boys picking at minor points, oh I'm sure you knew exactly what I was referring to. Maybe I should be more exact and put Scottish operative masonry because I know how you like to distinguish between the two (even though one must have developed from the other).

John Holbrook Estill wrote:

Undoubtably Masons were employed at the creation of the Tower of Babel, where, as we are informed in some of our rituals, language was confounded and masonry lost."

Before you question John Holbrook Estills authority to make such a statement perhaps you would like to read his qualifications below, I'm sure you will all find him suitably qualified!

"He is a member of the Georgia Historical Society, the Savannah Yacht Club, and a number of social organizations. He is a prominent Mason, a Past Master of Solomon's
Lodge No. i; life member of Georgia Chapter No. 3, Royal Arch Masons; member of Palestine Commandery No. 7, Knights Templar, and a Shriner, and is Past Junior Grand Warden of the Grand Lodge of
Georgia. He is a member of St. John's Episcopal Church and is one of its Vestrymen."

So we have a statement here saying that masonry (the secrets of) were lost at the building of the tower and we have master fenius sending 72 of his best scholars to the tower to recover the knowledge which was subsequently brought back to Ireland!

We then have conformation that early members of the Celtic church were also members of this secret society and its not difficult to believe that the church was used to propagate this knowledge. We know that St columba who was a member of this secret society brought the teachings from Ireland to Scotland and established a church on the island of Iona....did the knights templar of Scotland develop from this?

edit on 14-5-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I never moved my membership from my home lodge in another state to Etoile Polaire or any other local lodge. Glad you got to visit both as both are certainly worth visiting. Nice pics of Etoile and of St. Louis'.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Here is an article I wrote on this subject a couple of years ago Luxus, you may find it interesting.

Secret societies, symbolism and sacred geometry

Yes I read it, can say we have similar thoughts on this subject in that some disaster (Atlantis) occurred and knowledge was lost, or an attempt was made to remove this knowledge from the face of the earth.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join