It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true meaning of freedom of the press.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I hear all kinds of misconceptions and misstatements. "I have the freedom of the press!" No you don't, no you don't. The man who owns the press has freedom of the press. And he can say in his press whatever he wants, but you can't. That's why I get angry with Americans when they say "the Jews control the press!" Who sold it to them? How did they get it? You want the press? Start a press. You want to be on the radio? Do it, but stop whining, stop b@#$@#$, stop complaining. That guy that owns the press, that's his press. He can do with it what he wants. Just like you do with you car what you want because it's your property. He doesn't owe you anything, unless you have a contract with his signature on it that says he will print what you say. If you can't produce that he doesn't owe you anything. That's America! You know what's wonderful about America? You can have a press. I have a press. How many of you have seen my newspaper? That newspapers no joke, it makes Congressmen cringe when they see it. It scares the hell out of the enemy. You too can have a radio show. I'm going to teach you how In just a couple of minutes. You too can publish books like this, I did it. The Harvest trust is the trust for my children. I'm not rich, I don't have anything. You know how i financed this book? I sold copies before it was printed to people who believed enough in me to buy them. I don't have any money. I have my family, and that's all the wealth I ever need. I don't make any money from my radio show. Veritas has operated in the red from the beginning, and probably always will. But, I got something that you don't have. I have a free press. It's mine, and I get to say what I want. William Cooper 1943-2001
It starts at about the 42 minute mark. You can say whatever you like about the man, but he was right on point with a lot of the things he said. After hearing this lecture it changed my perception of the press. Although I question what is reported, I no longer get angry about it.
edit on 13-5-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Amen. I find it especially funny when Ron Paul people talk about the I inequity in news. Granted it's very real but Ron Paul whole campaign is about letting people make their own way, including a PRIVATE news company.

Yes the media doesn't tell the whole story, or even a quarter usually. But compare today's media with the one that wouldn't even photograph FDR in his wheel chair or not reporting on JFK affairs because there "private". I'd say we have come a long way from those days at least and would caution nostalgia.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by KnawLick

Although I do think what is happening to Ron Paul is unjust, I can't disagree with you. Many factors have made me impartial to the whole election process. When someone complains about the coverage on Ron Paul I just kind of shrug it off. It's the way the game is played. Just because people don't like the way the game is played doesn't change it. I think what many Paul supporters don't like is the media using their influence to guide the populations opinions. If that's the case you should be mad at the population for being so gullible, not the media for doing what they do.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

I like Ron Paul a lot but I think much of the way the news covers him, or doesn't, is his own fault. His philosophies could easily win the presidency but the man himself is extremely uninspiring. He's dorky looking, unarticulate, and not particular charismatic. Imagine Obama's (not a fan but respect his 2008 campaign highly) Charisma and way with words with a Ron Paul message. The media would be all over it.

The media wants ratings. The day we turn off the Kardashians and tune into cspan, the media won't resemble a reality show as much. So let's put the blame where it belongs. The American public.

new topics

top topics

join