It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tribunal finds Bush, seven others guilty of war crimes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Freaking hilarious

Nixon was also guilty of war crimes. His trial was held by 1000 drunken Irishmen at a pub
it took place while working the harp-and-leprechaun circuit
declancashin.com...

Text
Nixon came to Ireland for three days, at the suggestion of Irish multi-millionaire John Mulcahy from Waterville, Co Kerry. Ireland was considered a good base for Nixon to meet his team who were currently in Paris trying to hash out a peace deal to end the Vietnam War.

These controversial meetings were given a fig leaf of state visit officialdom by Nixon’s plans to visit the site of his distant Irish Quaker ancestor’s grave at Timahoe, Co Kildare (shoring up his credentials with Irish voters on the US east coast), and agreeing to spend some five hours in total meeting with President De Valera, Taoiseach Jack Lynch, and Minister for External Affairs, Dr Patrick Hillery.

Not surprisingly, protests were held against Nixon’s visit. On Sunday, October 4th, as Nixon was – in the words of Labour’s then External Affairs spokesman, Dr Conor Cruise O’Brien – “working the harp-and-leprechaun circuit” in Timahoe, over 1,000 people marched from Parnell Square to Ballsbridge in protest against the president’s contentious foreign policy.

A mock ‘trial’ held by the crowd found Nixon guilty of war crimes, and an effigy of Nixon was burned outside the US embassy, as placards depicting the president with swastikas were waved. Later that evening, en route to Dublin Castle for a banquet, Nixon, standing and waving through the sunroof, just about ducked back into the presidential limo to dodge an egg that was hurled at him from the otherwise unenthusiastic 400-strong crowd.

That said, Nixon did draw respectable crowds of 1,000 in Timahoe and 4,000 in Limerick, but perhaps the president’s strongest Irish card was his wife, Pat. Born Patricia Ryan, and so named because her birthday fell on the eve of St Patrick’s Day, the First Lady was by all accounts a popular visitor in Mayo where she flew in for a day of meeting Ryan cousins, and visiting her grandfather’s former homes in Ballinrobe and Robeen.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Needalight

Now that they have been convicted of war crimes,

Sadly they have not been convicted of anything.

As others have pointed out, the Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Commission is a private collection of people with no legal, jurisdictional or other official status.

They are essentially nothing more than a self appointed vigilante committee.

While many will applaud the sentiment it will achieve nothing, at best, or, at worst, will sour any legitimate attempts to hold the b-stards to account.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The Court Of Private Opinion

To expand on the above references to their Wikipedia page:

The Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Commission (KLWCC), also known as the Kuala Lumpur War Crimes Tribunal, is a local[where?] non-governmental organisation established in 2007 by Mahathir Mohamad to investigations of allegations of war crimes in Iraq, Palestinian territories and Lebanon.

So let's see. We have a self-appointed "tribunal" without authority of law, jurisdiction or power of enforcement conducting trials in absentia against defendants without representation, save for a "friend of the court" (the "amicus curiae").

Seems legit.

Basically, some like-minded people who think some former U.S. government officials committed war crimes decided to stage a show trial in an attempt to legitimize their foregone conclusion that the "defendants" are guilty. And hey, maybe they are, but this quaint exercise in self-aggrandizement doesn't lay that question to rest.

At most it will be seized upon, feebly, by various anti-Bush fringe elements for political hay, and perhaps to obscure the fact that the Bush administration hasn't existed since the last decade. And of course various people who want it to mean something won't even notice the fact that the "tribunal" is just some guys in Malaysia squeezing as much out of their fifteen minutes as they can.

They presume to serve the functions of the Committee of Public Safety during the French Revolution, but without the guillotines, and with less legitimacy.

Indeed, without a pretext of legality, any resemblance to accepted international standards for due process or any means of enforcing a verdict, this "tribunal" doesn't even seem to qualify as a kangaroo court.

Meanwhile, me and some of my buddies held a Movie Tribunal which unanimously found John Travolta guilty of Crimes Against the Medium of Film for Battlefield Earth, and yet he not only still walks free, but is even free to make more movies without anyone stopping him.

Proof positive there ain't no justice in this world.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
whilst they may not have any real authority, I would say their findings have a lot of credence- perhaps one day people will be held to account

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Whoopie Cushions On The Seats Of Power

reply to post by blueorder

Unfortunately, spectacles like these tend to work against that goal. Rather than inspire credible investigations by officials who can actually do something about it, or foment widespread grassroots campaigns for justice, they tend to move matters of legitimate concern into the domain of the absurd and comical.

It's kind of like the issue of genetically modified foods. There is a huge list of very real, very serious and potentially lethal hazards to public health and safety associated with GMO products being allowed into food supplies without adequate regulation, oversight or testing.

And most people couldn't care less. Why? Because the public "face" for GMO accountability is, more or less, a traveling freak show more suited to carnival attractions than promoting meaningful changes to public policy.

It's hard to take the issue of GMOs seriously when the guy warning you about it is dressed like a giant carrot beating a tom-tom. I strongly suspect outfits like Monsanto and ADM bus these "protesters" in whenever they need media cover to buy off legislators and regulators.

These guys in KL seem to have slightly more street cred than people who dress up like produce, but only slightly more. Sure, maybe their "verdict" will resonate somewhere and lead to something noteworthy, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
If you have a look at the link, you'll find that Exopolitics 'guru' Alfred Labremont Webre (who seems to have no connection with Borneo) is a part of the tribunal, which appears to be yet another of his crackpot stunts.

When you have a few minutes, check Webre out. Between him and Michael Salla, you'll find that Exopolitics is a safe haven for kinds of craziness that mean the government and the MSM will never, and should never, take it seriously.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Too many people are STUCK picking on Bush(idiot) and Cheney(evil genius) and not looking at Obama(super evil genius). Further that ruling was based on *mock court* conditions which means they have zero jurisdiction to do anything.

Unfortunately the people with jurisdiction are paid to keep quiet and progress the new world disorder, while those with zero jurisdiction are correctly jumping up and down for justice. Just to add something I think Donald Rumsfeld does not belong on the # list of the bush administration for revealing the $2.3 trillion missing from the pentagon one day prior to 9-11. I have lots of respect for DR!

Obama has spent how many TRILLIONS with quantitive easing? Are they working? Why give it to the same corporations that caused this global depression? It makes zero sense...and just as much sense as Bush and Cheney using 9-11 to go to war with afghanistan and iraq on the pretense of justice. In fact some people even said it was for cheaper oil, but $4.50/gallon proves those idiots were clueless.

Republicans and Democrats are exactly the same thing. Anyone willing to do modest research into american politics the last 100 years will come up with the same conclusion. Actually I would say democrats are worst in many cases.

How did the BP volcano go? Any executive going to jail??

What about lending a hand to the japaneese government and TEPCO? Instead they choose to more-or-less sidestep the issue and focus on removing Quadaffi from libya, because the timing was excellent in this regard.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The Exocist

reply to post by Snippy23

Well, he's got this going for him...

Exo University

...and I must say a degree in ExoConsciousness would look pretty cool on my wall. He also has an interesting bio:

Wikipedia: Alfred Webre

Seems like he would be a fun guy to sit down and talk to over dinner or something. He certainly has a lot of interesting ideas, and isn't shy about sharing them.

The "tribunal" thing reminds me of Ramsey Clark, who's quite a pistol himself.

Granted, I tend to be somewhat skeptical -- let's say cynical -- of these sorts of characters prone to drama writ large. But while I don't agree with a lot of what these guys have to say, I do have to admire the fact that they are willing to stand up for what they believe in, and go to a lot of trouble to do it.

So my criticism of them, sharp though it may be, is still tempered by respect for their convictions, despite my misgivings about many of them.

edit on 5/13/2012 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
ABOUT TIME!

TOO BAD IT'S...WHAT...A FRAGGING DECADE LATE!!

And after thousands upon thousands of deaths and mutilations on both sides.
And after making billions from oil and the war effort.

Personally I don't think they'll so much as take away his pension, or that of any of his buddies!

That lying imbecile and his cronies will walk away from this one scot-free.

edit on 13-5-2012 by CaptainLJB because: Sanity

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
Too many people are STUCK picking on Bush(idiot) and Cheney(evil genius) and not looking at Obama(super evil genius). Further that ruling was based on *mock court* conditions which means they have zero jurisdiction to do anything.

Unfortunately the people with jurisdiction are paid to keep quiet and progress the new world disorder, while those with zero jurisdiction are correctly jumping up and down for justice. Just to add something I think Donald Rumsfeld does not belong on the # list of the bush administration for revealing the $2.3 trillion missing from the pentagon one day prior to 9-11. I have lots of respect for DR!

Obama has spent how many TRILLIONS with quantitive easing? Are they working? Why give it to the same corporations that caused this global depression? It makes zero sense...and just as much sense as Bush and Cheney using 9-11 to go to war with afghanistan and iraq on the pretense of justice. In fact some people even said it was for cheaper oil, but $4.50/gallon proves those idiots were clueless.

Republicans and Democrats are exactly the same thing. Anyone willing to do modest research into american politics the last 100 years will come up with the same conclusion. Actually I would say democrats are worst in many cases.

How did the BP volcano go? Any executive going to jail??

What about lending a hand to the japaneese government and TEPCO? Instead they choose to more-or-less sidestep the issue and focus on removing Quadaffi from libya, because the timing was excellent in this regard.

Uh, yessir, Obama started a war with another country. Bush tried to stop it. Gotya.
Wonder how many people died under the Obama administration...

Obama at least Tried for socialized med care. No Republican would ever DREAM of doing that.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

Unfortunately, spectacles like these tend to work against that goal. Rather than inspire credible investigations by officials who can actually do something about it, or foment widespread grassroots campaigns for justice, they tend to move matters of legitimate concern into the domain of the absurd and comical.

This may be shocking, but, No! A very important goal has been achieved.

The victims of crimes against humanity have already been swept away in people's minds as nothing but former human, but now nothing but debris and trash to be ignored and forgotten. The "official" courts and boards of inquiry have simply refused to hear their cases, as soon as authorities submit some "states secrets" reason.

So the crimes against their human psyches continue on year after year, decade after decade, until they die in despair, "knowing that they never mattered at all".

The authorized officials have had their chance to investigate and seek justice. They refused. To hell with them then. If "half-baked" mock trials are the only thing left to validate the existence and importance of the victims, then who in the hell is any one to take even that shred of human validation away from them?

Earlier in the week, the tribunal heard the testimonies of three witnesses namely Abbas Abid, Moazzam Begg and Jameelah Hameedi. They related the horrific tortures they had faced during their incarceration. The tribunal also heard two other Statutory Declarations of Iraqi citizen Ali Shalal and Rhuhel Ahmed, a British citizen.

Testimony showed that Abbas Abid, a 48-year-old chief engineer in the Science and Technology Ministry had his fingernails removed by pliers. Ali Shalal was attached with bare electrical wires and electrocuted and hung from the wall. Moazzam Begg was beaten and put in solitary confinement. Jameelah was almost nude and humiliated, used as a human shield whilst being transported by helicopter. All these witnesses have residual injuries till today.

These witnesses were taken prisoners and held in prisons in Afghanistan (Bagram), in Iraq (Abu Gharib, Baghdad International Airport) and two of them namely Moazzam Begg and Rhuhel Ahmed were transported to Guantanamo Bay.

In a submission that lasted a day, the prosecution showed in an in depth submission how the decision-makers at the highest level President Bush, Vice-President Cheney, Secretary of Defence Rumsfeld, aided and abetted by the lawyers and the other commanders and CIA officials – all acted in concert. Torture was systematically applied and became an accepted norm.
globalresearch

edit on 13-5-2012 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
All I see here is

- A bunch of Yanks saying "Big deal, their word means nothing, no prosecution will come from this."

When yeha, its true. Malaysian Tribunal holds a tea party and discusses how the West are bullies – the West ain’t scared.

What shocks me is the concerning low amount of posts hinting at “Good, its about time people started seeing what the last 10 – 20 years of US administration has been doing against the will of all of the standing unified powers.”

I for one eagerly await that day that high powered officials ANYWHERE in the globe be tried and convicted as human beings.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainLJB

Uh, yessir, Obama started a war with another country. Bush tried to stop it. Gotya.
Wonder how many people died under the Obama administration...

The war against libya was not a war

And if the democrats where such hot shots then why did they not stop the republicans from going to war back in the bush era? Also tell me are you convinced that alqueda hit both the pentagon and the twin towers, or was it a combined mossad and cia operation to cover-up the $2.3 trillion still missing?

Obama at least Tried for socialized med care. No Republican would ever DREAM of doing that.

Ok! He tried but you keep confusing liberals with progressives.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
nice find op. it is a start. and to all these people saying its useless. what have u done to bring these people to justice? nothing

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by derpest
All I see here is

- A bunch of Yanks saying "Big deal, their word means nothing, no prosecution will come from this."

When yeha, its true. Malaysian Tribunal holds a tea party and discusses how the West are bullies – the West ain’t scared.

What shocks me is the concerning low amount of posts hinting at “Good, its about time people started seeing what the last 10 – 20 years of US administration has been doing against the will of all of the standing unified powers.”

I for one eagerly await that day that high powered officials ANYWHERE in the globe be tried and convicted as human beings.

Officials have been puppets of the rich for a long, long, long, long, long tiiiiimmmme. Is this not common knowledge yet? Seriously? The romans had slaves. The greeks had slaves. Britain had the most colonies in the world, followed by the spanish and french.

Do we really need a history on imperialism?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I say hit 'em with the drones.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Majic

I kinda liked Battlefield Earth better than any movie the scifi channel ever showed!

On topic:

What is the difference between Obama and Bush?

Bush doesn't have a nobel peace prize for killing people,

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaade

Oh how I hope this is real. Awesome find OP S+F
Now if the corrupt UN will take this ruling and do something with it.

After reading this I can't stop laughing.

Seriously it's the hardest I have laughed in about a week.

The UN? Wait, I just took a sip of soda and I spewed it all over my computer......

OK just cleaned it up.

Seriously you think the UN has time for idiotic stuff like this? It would take time away from them trying to steal Mount Rushmore from Americans, and returning it to the Indians. It would also take time away from them trying to legitimize Global Warming. Wait, the laughter is growing stronger...I've got to stop before I bust a gut.

edit on 13-5-2012 by Carseller4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Let's see now, a few people whose names no one can pronounce, and no one ever heard of, get together, bring in a few friends with hearsay testimony, the accused are not present to defend themselves, and they issue a "verdict"?

I heard last week the same group convicted a ham sandwich.
Regardless of what you think of Bush, how would you like it, if they did the same thing to YOU?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the OP also failed to tell us where this tribunal was held; Kuala Lumpur. That means it is unlikely that there will be an enforceable sentence for the guilty parties.

Seriously, though, this does not tell us anything, that we did not already know. A child could be able to work out that Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld were all omnicidal psychopaths of the first order. Personally, I have always viewed Richard Cheney as the real world counterpart of Victor von Doom.

edit on 13-5-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join