It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical Iranian war senario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
lets say that sometime in late November Iran is in the middle of a revolution and sometime in January the government is overthrown and a new form of government is in place (use your imagination) the current leader isolates Iran from the rest of the world and starts building up the military and economy and by 2017 attempts an invasion of Pakistan and Afghanistan if they succeed they will eventfully attempt to invade India and conquer the rest of the eastern world.

they will be aided by Iraq and Syria now how do you think the us would react and if they do sent the millitary? what would the war be like and who would win? and how many casualties would their be on both sides?
edit on 13-5-2012 by ninjas4321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Why Iraq! Historically speaking Iraq and Iran have never gotten along.
The scenario doesn't seem realistic. Iran is not very strong compared to the rest of the world powers. I for one see Iran getting help from Russia or maybe china and using fossil fuels as leverage. And I believe that we are getting pretty close to having a breakthrough in alternative fuels so our dependency will go down so these countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and venezuala will not have much of economy in a few years to a decade. And maybe then they will have a reason to go to war. Because without the worlds need for fossil fuels these countries would be no better than north Korea
edit on 13-5-2012 by Flyzoid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyzoid
And I believe that we are getting pretty close to having a breakthrough in alternative fuels so our dependency will go down so these countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Venezuela will not have much of economy in a few years to a decade.

Can you expand on that? It would be awesome if we didn't need their oil no more.

new topics

join