It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice on Baching it.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Talking about living in a boarding house or a bachelor apartment. Absolute needs are a bed(obviously), at least a beer fridge and a microwave. If you have a room with your own sink, bonus. TV not necessary. Get a laptop and you've got it all. While not absolutely necessary pretty damn necessary. Have something alive in your place. Plants, whatever. Me, I have tropical fish. If your room is stinking and you can't figure out why it's because you aren't keeping your dirty laundry in a plastic bag. Do your dishes. It doesn't take long and summer is coming. You don't want fruit flies in your place.

I'll be adding to this as things come to me. If anyone has any questions fire away.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
When selecting a room, make sure it has enough power to run what you want. My room is transected by 3 different circuits. Loads of juice but some rooms here don't have enough to run a TV, microwave and a coffee maker.

Don't be lazy taking out your trash. That probably goes without saying though.

If you're a reader, get a library card. It's cheaper and you probably don't have room for a personal one.
edit on 13-5-2012 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If you can afford it and have room, get a small freezer. It is economical to cook a large pot of soup, spaghetti, stew, chili, etc. and freeze the rest in single size servings, you can just pop in the microwave, of heat up on the stove if your anti-microwave. I also recommend a crock pot, a good one, that the liner comes out of for easy clean up, and the lid locks down for easy transport. No reason you can't participate in office pot luck suppers, no reason the single one only has to bring the chips either.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

That depends. Some houses don't allow slow cookers or electric frying pans. Gotta check that out too.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yes, sorry, was thinking more an apartment. I guess your talking about a temporary deal or something where your traveling for a job? I was setting up a home.

new topics

top topics

join