It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need some help, ATS...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I need some help here...I am not extremely well versed in the internet tracking world so all I want to know is what this page means and why the Registrant, Boston University Office of Information Technology, is associated with mkultra and Ottawa...

I want to know if this is bunk. I found it messing with the new Firefox add-on Collusion & some googling (bu.edu was curious to me alongside advertisement sites)...

www.ip-adress.com...

By the way...Collusion is on Firefox and Chrome...an interesting tool in its' own topic but I would really like to know what this is about...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
There are a few threads on this. Here is one example.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Yes the software is ligit. I highly suggest it if you don't have a browser that comes with it already.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
There are a few threads on this. Here is one example.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Yes the software is ligit. I highly suggest it if you don't have a browser that comes with it already.

Interested in discussing/finding out more about the boston university/mkultra link than the add-on...at least that is what this thread would like to concentrate on. The collusion addon stuff can be discussed generally on the other threads...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

i would first employ a bit of critical thinking .

q1 - what actually is ` mkultra.bu.edu ` ?

q2 - why would an cia program dating from before the introduction of the internet [ and now desceased ] use a ` mkultra ` domain name in 2012 ?

my cursory analysis is that this is an offsite server farm or archives / data store - maintained and run by boston university

and the reason its clled ` mkultra ` is because a sys-admin in the boston univerity IT dept has a sense of humour

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
IT just someone a Boston Uni messing with people for a laugh.

Basically the Boston UNi runs a few large storage servers for data out of Ottawa and someone there at Boston has decided to use the Name MKULTRA as a wind up!!

Thats all mate!!
edit on 13-5-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Oh just noticed they guy above me ignorant ape said the same thing before me!!

So, I suppose it must be right then!
edit on 13-5-2012 by Six6Six because: error

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
A sneaky named matthew and a precious named karen. Who fancies himself something of an ultra slick hacker. And has a friend named benji.

Oh and paul and jen, lars, then ryan, lyn and naomi, cheri and furry little pookie. Cuddly little pookie. I wont say her name and I really should not neither but she is was cute as a button on her bloody lip easter.

Posts too too much information about selves in the internetzwebzworldz of static delights and other fantastic bobbles of joy. Like images of cuteness 'us with warren towers of boston university in the background on a dreary day back in september 2003.'

I do see that in the mind of a geek it is amusing to think, in this day and age, you might you may, copyright your dna. Wearing you interest on your chest like a joke knowing full well you have no hope.

Not bad for ten minutes of tracking a tracker? Harmless. I would like moar candy now or I will download everything and sell it on ebayz matthew.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Some of the best kept secrets are hidden in plain sight.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Google search of mkultra.bu.edu brings up a reference to mkmiller.org... ;another interesting yet boggling website...I don't know what it means nor if necessarily related. The reference appears in the first google hit - which if you click, brings you to the same page when placing mkultra.bu.edu in the url address box.

To one of the previous posters, I did reflect on why a pre-internet reference was used; could be a nonchalant reference indeed...still seems interesting because Boston University was named in the released MK Docs with many other universities...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

It's a tenuous link, but Dr Robert W Hyde, while a researcher at Boston University was one of the first to publish their experiences, in the name of science, of dropping acid. He then allegedly recieved CIA funding to pursue his research.

Robert Hyde had helped co-author two studies cited in the CIA-funded 1961 book, The Manipulation of Human Behavior. Along with '___'-experimenter, Army psychiatrist Max Rinkel, Hyde and other researchers wrote articles on "Experimental schizophrenia-like symptoms" and "Clinical and physiochemical psychosis."

If anything, the Porter article is a little too circumspect regarding Hyde's CIA ties. John Marks interviewed CIA personnel back in the 1970s, who verified Hyde's CIA credentials. According to Marks's sources, Hyde "advised the CIA on using '___' in covert operations" (p. 65, The Search for the Manchurian Candidate). He had his own special MKULTRA subproject to use as a funding conduit. Thus, while many MKULTRA contract researchers were unwitting recipients of CIA funding over the years, Hyde was not one of those. He was, to quote a certain vice president-elect (out of context, to be sure), "the real deal."

www.americantorture.com...

As far as I can tell, he moved on from Boston University soon after...

Hyde was 25 when he graduated as a Reserve Officer Training Corps student at the University of Vermont’s school of medicine in 1935. He rose to the rank of lieutenant colonel in the U.S. Army and worked as an intern at the Marine Hospital in New Orleans.

He later became a researcher at Boston University and Harvard University and assistant superintendent at Boston Psychopathic, a hospital associated with Harvard now known as the Massachusetts Mental Health Center – and one of the key institutions connected to the CIA research. Hyde then served as assistant superintendent at Butler Health Center in Providence, R.I., before returning to Vermont as director of research at Vermont State Hospital.

Hyde died on Aug. 1, 1976, leaving a widow and no children. He was, in the words of a co-worker at the Waterbury hospital, “a sweetheart.”

www.rutlandherald.com.../20081130/NEWS/811300299

Additionally, Boston Psychopathic Hospital, though not the university, is listed as being part of the Artichoke documents at the National Security Archive...as 'Sub-Project 8'...it is probable that this was connected with Hyde's experiments given his published works on '___'.

ensemble.va.com.au...

But Boston University was mentioned at the 1977 MK Ultra hearing, so it seems likely that Hyde and Rinkel were recieving CIA funding while based at Boston Uni, and conducting their experiments on patients at Boston Psychopathic Hospital.

www.mormonstruth.org...

Hope that helps

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Biliverdin

Definitely helps; background is good. One would assume that the MKUltra moniker would have been ditched after the hearings but this reference doesn't come up in a casual search of the topic with the project name likely not being on any 'red flag key term' services...so one wonders how nonchalant the reference is.

Could be nothing at the end of this trail but the MK stuff never halted and any possibility to find more up to date references is always worth following...in my opinion...

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Can anyone explain what the website mkmiller.org brings up?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Well it does seem as though Boston University is not fussy where it gets it's research funding from, it has been called out on taking grants from the Philip Morris Company in recent times, so it would not be too surprising if they are taking either CIA or other US government funds. In such cases, the money is tied to a specific area of research, set by the funding body. As a private university Boston will be fairly reliant on such funding, and probably not too picky about where it comes from.

However, I doubt very much that the MKUltra tag would be relevent to current ongoing research, and I would consider the link that you have found to be a false flag. They are hardly going to advertise. The best bet would be check with Boston University and see what the Medical School have been getting up to research wise recently, this should be checkable in their library in the published papers section. I have no doubt whatsoever that mind control programmes continued after the close of Artichoke, Bluebird and MKUltra, and that the findings of those programmes of research were implemented both on civilians and within the military. The work of Louis J West with the both the False Memory Foundation, and his subsequent involvement with Jack Ruby, Sirhah Sirhan and Timothy McVeigh, is evidence enough that the programmes operated specifically by the CIA became somewhat more refined.

top topics

join