It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Will Is an Illusion, So What?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I would word that slightly differently if one does not accept it is because the understanding to accept is not available at the time. Once understanding is reached acceptance happens. There is no meant to be or not only what is. And it is relative to our understanding. Why when we learn we are different to prior to that learning. Why when you teach it is worth something to the one who has understanding to learn it but to one that has not yet reached that understanding it falls on def ears. Complicated but simple. (in my limited understanding as it stands now)

much love

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
In relation to free will. I think we imagine our free will is the conscious processing of information where we run through different scenarios in our awareness and seemingly have a 'free' choice to do opt for one over the other. However it is as free as the subconscious process.Subconscious and conscious is just the difference between observed and unobserved information processing imo.

We know what we know and either our knowledge deems a situation as obvious and does responds in the obvious way. or deems it as new and responds in a new way. In either case we chose all day long all the time, but what we chose is not based in any freedom it is formed from what the accumulated experience now deems to be the best action now.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1

Originally posted by absolutely

Originally posted by IAmD1files.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to post by IAmD1

he is not deaf, so go read that book alone urself

Then what does he mean when he says: Completely deaf in my right and 80% in the other. " that he is blind`???

stay objective, in forums there is no sound needed, so he is not deaf, while he is the free expressions ends he types, reality and realisations are absolute existence exclusivity

now there are a lot of forums for handicaps issues if this is what u mean then go there u will find ur life

and all deafs can hear now if they wish, technology did a lot for that

and the other who is yelling being half blind is confirming it

now the other

It was in relation to a video posted that had no subtitles why the hostility, he said he wish he could watch it I posted in reply to that that he could read the book if he was interested.

The topic is not whether he hears or not the topic was on free will. The video was in relation to that and my response with the book title also.

I love you for being, but am puzzled as to why you are responding to me in this way... What do you 'sense' in my reply that makes you feel it warants such a response as the one you have given me?

much love

edit on 13/5/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

im exclusively objective while u clearly love to talk of what is never there, kind of inventing opinions or moves

u reject ur obligations towards truth while inventing accepting god being doing all alone

truth freedom is what all and especially gods abuse from knowing that it is out, while all dimensions should b concerned of truth since truth existence apply on them directly
truth freedom out of all dimensions will surprise all gods
truth is ur concern not freedom which is beyond truth

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAmD1files.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to post by IAmD1

Then what does he mean when he says: Completely deaf in my right and 80% in the other. " that he is blind`???

stay objective, in forums there is no sound needed, so he is not deaf, while he is the free expressions ends he types, reality and realisations are absolute existence exclusivity

now there are a lot of forums for handicaps issues if this is what u mean then go there u will find ur life

and all deafs can hear now if they wish, technology did a lot for that

and the other who is yelling being half blind is confirming it

now the other

It was in relation to a video posted that had no subtitles why the hostility, he said he wish he could watch it I posted in reply to that that he could read the book if he was interested.

The topic is not whether he hears or not the topic was on free will. The video was in relation to that and my response with the book title also.

I love you for being, but am puzzled as to why you are responding to me in this way... What do you 'sense' in my reply that makes you feel it warants such a response as the one you have given me?

much love

im exclusively objective while u clearly love to talk of what is never there, kind of inventing opinions or moves

u reject ur obligations towards truth while inventing accepting god being doing all alone

truth freedom is what all and especially gods abuse from knowing that it is out, while all dimensions should b concerned of truth since truth existence apply on them directly
truth freedom out of all dimensions will surprise all gods
truth is ur concern not freedom which is beyond truth

I see... then let your understanding guide you and much love on your way.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

guide me for wat ?/ and wat way as if im going on a trip with a picnic bag full of ur love

it is not bc u can make few sentences that u make a life of, it is the end of life anyways

soon truth will b revealing its facts alone i wont need to b abused for that

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

reply to post by IAmD1

Opps, my bad.

Completely deaf in my right with 80% LOSS in the other. Wear a hearingaid that allows me to hear up to 30% in my left ear. My Central Processing in my brain is basically screwed up because when people hear sound in their left ear it takes a little longer for it to reach the left brain for analyzing. Which is why I probably have a hard time remember, or understanding what people are saying. I hear people find, but most of the time I actually have to ask them to explain something over again just to make sure I got the right idea.

When you hear from your right, it goes directly to your left side of your brain, left goes directly to the right side of your brain. I don't know, It's overly complicated.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

reply to post by IAmD1

guide me for wat ?/ and wat way as if im going on a trip with a picnic bag full of ur love

it is not bc u can make few sentences that u make a life of, it is the end of life anyways

Was just wishing you recognition of the abundance of love that is all around. I do not own love to give. Your way is where you are. So I was saying I wish you recognition of the much love that is where you are. That was all.

I am sorry you feel abused by that wish. Truth is in the now as it is. What will be is now also and also truth.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmD1

Yeah, but you believe in free-will. I was talking to the other person who said that there was no free-will but we get to choose to accept or reject.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheProphetMark

reply to post by IAmD1

Opps, my bad.

Completely deaf in my right with 80% LOSS in the other. Wear a hearingaid that allows me to hear up to 30% in my left ear. My Central Processing in my brain is basically screwed up because when people hear sound in their left ear it takes a little longer for it to reach the left brain for analyzing. Which is why I probably have a hard time remember, or understanding what people are saying. I hear people find, but most of the time I actually have to ask them to explain something over again just to make sure I got the right idea.

When you hear from your right, it goes directly to your left side of your brain, left goes directly to the right side of your brain. I don't know, It's overly complicated.

I completely understand the hearing with slower processing. It can be very frustrating. Bearing that in mind, maybe reading the book before watching the video isn't such a bad idea after all if you are interested in the topic?

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by IAmD1

Yeah, but you believe in free-will. I was talking to the other person who said that there was no free-will but we get to choose to accept or reject.

Oh no i am sorry I wasn't clear. I do not believe in free will, nor do I believe in 'ment to be'. Only what is.
Hmm let me try to explain what I was trying to say.

Everything is in motion including our minds. Our minds are not separate from the complete motion of everything however our mind has a property the observer. The observer either observes a process actively, or does not. When it observes we see this as actively influencing, when we do not observe we see this as subconsciously allowing. Both to me are the same process, the only difference being the observer focus. So when the observing part observes process, it registers this as it the observer being separate from the process and as such the possessor of control of the process. Hence it feels it is making the choice and then creating the process.But I believe the process and resulting action happens. The role of the observer? Without it there would be no experience just process.

So from the point of view of the observer choices are being made, from the point of view of an external observer it may be that process just happens, however neither of those views support any freedom away from what is.

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

reply to post by IAmD1

Was just wishing you recognition of the abundance of love that is all around. I do not own love to give. Your way is where you are. So I was saying I wish you recognition of the much love that is where you are. That was all.

I am sorry you feel abused by that wish. Truth is in the now as it is. What will be is now also and also truth.

how would u have the last word when u mean another existence ? talk about urself only when u cant but speak nonsense of subject wishs or wills, wish for urself only

and who r u to say wat truth is also and what now will, who r u to wish my recognition of what u want around me

u r crazy freak, how dare u think that u can force manipulations of others by throwing words all over nonstop

truth soon is gonna kill ur gods and it is gonna b another day where is noone absolutely noone at all, peace

and u all with ur love tremendously exponentially multiplied to its edge in hells away from any real breath
merde

u cant force any to ur inferiority just to pretend being superior living

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

reply to post by IAmD1

how would u have the last word when u mean another existence ? talk about urself only when u cant but speak nonsense of subject wishs or wills, wish for urself only

and who r u to say wat truth is also and what now will, who r u to wish my recognition of what u want around me

u r crazy freak, how dare u think that u can force manipulations of others by throwing words all over nonstop

truth soon is gonna kill ur gods and it is gonna b another day where is noone absolutely noone at all, peace

and u all with ur love tremendously exponentially multiplied to its edge in hells away from any real breath
merde

u cant force any to ur inferiority just to pretend being superior living

I come across as thinking I am superior
Ok well thank you for letting me know

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Brain Scans Can Reveal Your Decisions 7 Seconds Before You “Decide”

“Your decisions are strongly prepared by brain activity. By the time consciousness kicks in, most of the work has already been done,” said study co-author John-Dylan Haynes, a Max Planck Institute neuroscientist.

exploringthemind.com...

edit on 13-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Lol of course there is still free will. The answer is, of course you will act different than X. Even X would act different than *himself* if he lived his life over. There are even multiple universes to take into account all the uncountable different decisions that you or X could make.

The thought that there is no free will is the single most scientifically wrong statement in our time period today.

Maybe this is a good time to make a post that I've been holding out on for a long time.
edit on 13-5-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join